AVIC411.com

Help With HTC Touch Pro

Those of you that have this phone or the diamond, I need to know what you are doing to get your phone book to transfer. I have tried to transfer mine several times and the FT900BT never shows up in the phone to be able to send the contacts to. Phone makes and receives calls fine from the radio just can't transfer phone book. Some are saying be patient but I waited over 40 minutes while drive and the phone still doesn't find the nav to transfer the contacts.

Please help.

I got mine to work by removing all the previous pairing and then reconnecting via the HU after I entered the pin on the HTC. The HTC popped a message saying the HU was trying to read my contacts can it have permission I said yes. THEN give it like 20 minutes and check your contacts and they will be there. Be patient don't touch anything just let it do its thing it takes time! Oh and there is no indication that its working! It took me a couple of times to get it t work.

Ooops!. I want also to try it!

Thus the first step is to remove all the previous pairing. Only from the AVIC? or also from the HTC?

Second, What means reconnecting via the HU?

What model is your HTC?

I got mine to work by removing all the previous pairing and then reconnecting via the HU after I entered the pin on the HTC. The HTC popped a message saying the HU was trying to read my contacts can it have permission I said yes. THEN give it like 20 minutes and check your contacts and they will be there. Be patient don't touch anything just let it do its thing it takes time! Oh and there is no indication that its working! It took me a couple of times to get it t work.

Here's what always works with my Fuze:

1. Delete any previous partnerships with the Pioneer.

2. Go into the Pioneer menu to activate "Initiate pairing from device"

3. Turn on BT on your TP and make sure it's set to "discoverable"

4. Complete the pairing process, and you should be prompted to allow access to your phone book...click yes.

5. Tap "phone book transfer" in the Pioneer menu. Go through the screens and select ok to start the process. This usually takes 5 minutes for my 200 numbers.

6. If your aren't promted to allow access to your phone book, or if you are but you still can't get it to work then:

-Turn off BT on your TP. Turn off the Pioneer. Soft reset your TP. Turn on BT on your TP. Turn on Pioneer and after they connect you should be prompted to allow access, then the transfer should work.

-If still no luck...try this software http://www.jetwaremobile.com/

Good luck (BTW I'm using NRG's Energy ROM dated 4/16. It has TONS of tweaks and all the newest drivers so that might make a difference)

Thanks for the info but not sucess, at least for me. Maybe because I have an euro F900, maybe due to my HTC Rom, maybe due to the weather, the moon phase ...

My problem is that the HTC do not automatically syncro as you state and when you want to send the contacts the AVIC is not selectable on the HTC the to select it (possible becasuse on this moment the AVIC has no visibility set).

Today I have tried another workaround that I have to investigate deeper. The procedure was:

1) once that the Navi and the phone are already connected and without disconnect them, select a single contact on the phone and choose to transfer via Bluetooth. Obviously up to now, nothing happens as the "Pionner Navi" does not appear.

2) In order to appear selectable without disconnecting both units I selected

Phone settings > Connection > New Connection > Pair from phone.

3) Just then, the Navi appear in the HTC being possible to select it and the HTC send the contact.

4) After complete the sending I aborted the pair from the phone returning to phone setting menu and select transfer contact saying OK to everything.

With this method I finally send a single contact.

I have tried to send several contacts one by one before point 4) and when you get bored, oerform step 4) and ALL of them appear on the Navi (plus the one sent before tha has been maintained)

Later I tried selecting up to 6 on a single shoot and works OK even having sending more than one package after to select transfer contacs again.

After each step 4) I had more contacts transmited and finally was too late and I quit having achieved to sent around 40.

Today I did not try with this method send the whole agenda, but I think that I have tried before obtaining always an error msg trying to send the complete set of contacts (around 200)

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info but not sucess, at least for me. Maybe because I have an euro F900, maybe due to my HTC Rom, maybe due to the weather, the moon phase ...

My problem is that the HTC do not automatically syncro as you state and when you want to send the contacts the AVIC is not selectable on the HTC the to select it (possible becasuse on this moment the AVIC has no visibility set).

Today I have tried another workaround that I have to investigate deeper. The procedure was:

1) once that the Navi and the phone are already connected and without disconnect them, select a single contact on the phone and choose to transfer via Bluetooth. Obviously up to now, nothing happens as the "Pionner Navi" does not appear.

2) In order to appear selectable without disconnecting both units I selected

Phone settings > Connection > New Connection > Pair from phone.

3) Just then, the Navi appear in the HTC being possible to select it and the HTC send the contact.

4) After complete the sending I aborted the pair from the phone returning to phone setting menu and select transfer contact saying OK to everything.

With this method I finally send a single contact.

I have tried to send several contacts one by one before point 4) and when you get bored, oerform step 4) and ALL of them appear on the Navi (plus the one sent before tha has been maintained)

Later I tried selecting up to 6 on a single shoot and works OK even having sending more than one package after to select transfer contacs again.

After each step 4) I had more contacts transmited and finally was too late and I quit having achieved to sent around 40.

Today I did not try with this method send the whole agenda, but I think that I have tried before obtaining always an error msg trying to send the complete set of contacts (around 200)

Thanks cfdezg, that works great, I am new here and was having problems with my AT&T Fuse/ Touch Pro transferring to my F90bt and that worked great. But what I did was like you the first two steps and during the third was to press menu >select contacts>All, then menu>send contact>Beam- all on the phone in the contacts menu. Wait for it to find the Pioneer Navi then tap to send and wait. Once it is finish sending go, to transfer contacts on the Navi and press it, then the unit will download all of the contacts from the phone. Not sure if it matters but I also have all of my contacts saved to my SIM card and to the phone.

Brian