AVIC411.com

Update pioneer f700bt USA 2.00010 to 2.00050 Eu, Done!!

Google translator

Hello friends, I upgrade my browser pioneer model f700bt USA version to version 2.00010 and 2.00050 EUROPE

I have not had any problems. Now I notice that is faster by pressing the menu, in fact I have not noticed any difference and working perfectly.

I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your equipment

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Google translator

Hello friends, I upgrade my browser pioneer model f700bt USA version to version 2.00010 and 2.00050 EUROPE

I have not had any problems. Now I notice that is faster by pressing the menu, in fact I have not noticed any difference and working perfectly.

I am not responsible for any damage you may cause to your equipment

do you have any mods before installing the update?

Is your voice control still functioning after firmware update?

voice recognition in single anointing English language, if you take it in the English language I do not think we changed anything and continue to function perfectly

I had thought to change the radio emisors changed as European: 92.2, 92.4, 92.6 but is still in American mode, 92.1, 92.3

pd: traductor google

I had thought to change the radio emisors changed as European: 92.2, 92.4, 92.6 but is still in American mode, 92.1, 92.3

pd: traductor google

Of course, it's been determined that this, together with RDS/TMC, is a hardware issue, and cannot be fixed by software....

(European is 92.1, 92.2, 92.3 etc. b.t.w. )

Do you know any hardware we can buy to do this???????????

Of course, it's been determined that this, together with RDS/TMC, is a hardware issue, and cannot be fixed by software....

(European is 92.1, 92.2, 92.3 etc. b.t.w. )

Do you know any hardware we can buy to do this???????????

Nope, you'd have to either exchange major circuit boards in the unit, or exchange custom Pioneer integrated circuits.... Cheaper to buy the european version :wink:

also i want ask questions.

i chanse Serial number of my UC AVIC-F90BT, from UC to RE (russia?)

(29xxxxxx to 2Axxxxxx)

after reboot - my FM start from 87.xx to 92.xx, with 0.05 step.

1) can anybody, with WinHex skill (and EW serial 2Cxxxxxx) can make copy flash from EW avic to me

(i mail detail instruction)

2) can anybody help me with calculate cheksum ? i think is last two bytes of this dump.

but few CRC16 algoritm don/t help me.

UC.0400: B18EC05E FFFFFFFF 20000000 FFFFFFFF
UC.0410: 00200310 000159B 00292008 0000AA0F
UC.0420: FFDFFCEF FF9FEA64 FFD6DFF7 FFFF55F0

photo from my acic f90bt

[attachment=0]avic_f90bt_fm1.jpg[/attachment]

Great job Carver.

Looks like you have enabled the RDS text display as well on your US version, goes to show that this problem looks like it's software rather than hardware (ie RDS, TMC etc)!

I have both a US & EW version F700bt and would like to experiment to see how i can change the US version to use the European FM/AM radio stepping & hopefully enable TMC too.

I have modded my US version 700 with a map display mod/extra buttons & now can see TMC control centre (displayed as center being US language) but doesn't try to tune to a station (generally 100.9mhz over in UK) find a fix for traffic details.

If you can give me instructions on what to do with both units to grab serial number or copy flash, i'll try & help you out.

Great job Carver.

Looks like you have enabled the RDS text display as well on your US version, goes to show that this problem looks like it's software rather than hardware (ie RDS, TMC etc)!

I have both a US & EW version F700bt and would like to experiment to see how i can change the US version to use the European FM/AM radio stepping & hopefully enable TMC too.

I have modded my US version 700 with a map display mod/extra buttons & now can see TMC control centre (displayed as center being US language) but doesn't try to tune to a station (generally 100.9mhz over in UK) find a fix for traffic details.

If you can give me instructions on what to do with both units to grab serial number or copy flash, i'll try & help you out.

I wouldn't get my hopes up yet..... I'm sure you could/can enable the software/user interface, but if the hardware is not there (TMC/RDS), it's not going to work.... :?

The same applies for the frequency steps, just displaying it doesn't mean it's actually tuning to those frequencies...

Maybe,

I am really tempted to open both devices up & having a look inside to compare the boards and see if there is any actual difference as a lot of people assume, speculate & claim (without proof) that either hardware is actually different and that it is not software. I suspect that any differences are all software driven (Just like your mobile phone/DVD player is locked to network/region etc) as it makes sense to keep R&D costs down & is done via a software switch/bootloader/serial number/WinCE Registry Key. There seems to be 4 different versions: UC, EW, RE & AU and would cost Pioneer far more to develop different versions of the same model of 500's, 700's, 900's, just wouldn't make sense at all to make 11 different models (inc 90bt & 7010bt).

I have heard that MSN direct (or directband (59-75khz) as the correct term) uses a very similar RDS (55-59khz) style of obtaining data but just running at a different frequency. Most popular channel for TMC in London & SE UK is Classic FM which is about 100.9. All of these fuctions use & require a radio receiver which both contain, so i don't see what hardware differences are required.

I would like to try changing the serial number on the UC version to a EW version & see if it makes any difference but need some info how/where do this before I have to resort to taking both devices apart.