AVIC411.com

Internet, streaming audio, google maps, etc

I was able to successfully connect to my phone (Touch Diamond) via WMWifiRouter running on the phone.

So technically i have internet access on the phone. Now it is time to find some utlities to test internet access.

I do see data flowing between the avic and the phone.

Does any one have standalone browser suggestions.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

success, i am able to get the card working in avic. I am having some trouble associating with my wifi network at the moment. but it is able to scan and show all wifi networks nearby.

That was exactly the reason that I mentioned a USB wired ethernet adapter. It would just aquire an IP from the connected router and would not require any action by the user.

SD wifi does not work any different than the USB wifi. It aquires the IP the same way from DHCP as an USB wifi card would do. I eventually got SD wifi card to connect to an access point without any issues.

USb wifi is slightly more complicated in this device since we would have to deal with USB Host Mode. Plus USB will also prevent us from using an Ipod.

Edit: I missed the "wired" part. Yes wired would eliminate the need to configure and will give you better bandwidth. I guess, One step at a time :)

sorry, I did not get to spend much time with this in the last few days.

the wifi card works in connecting to a wifi network and aquires an ip address. I tried opera but could not get the internet going yet.

I think there are some internet connection settings that need to be made to make the internet work.

Here was the thread I posted a few months ago. I purchased a USB 10/100 ethernet adapter that had Win CE5 and CE6 drivers available for it. They provide all registry entries and of course the drivers. The adapter was on $10 at my local Fry's Electronics. If one of you that know how to read registery could take a look at the info they provide and tell me if this is difficult that would be awsome.

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=20471

@kd6icz

That pdf seem to be for including the driver as part of the image when building in platform builder.

However, it looks like all you have to do is

1. Boot the avic to test mode

2. copy the two dlls to windows folder (listed in 1st page of the pdf)

3. Import the reg file into avic

4. Then plug the ethernet adapter into the usb socket.

As mentioned earlier, the usb socket is typically in client mode (instead of host mode). But hopefully avic detects the card and switches it to be the right mode.

I used regedit from mioautorun.zip file from gpspassion to import reg files. I will try to attach it if you cannot find it.

• 1 month later...

Sorry, I have not been able to spend much time.

I think here is where i left off.

1. SD Wifi card does work inthe Avic

2. You need to copy the driver files posted earlier in the thread.

3. I tried to copy the Opera browser to the flash drive and run it from there. But i could not make it use the network connection.

I will give it a shot once i get 30 update installed. But currently this is on hold due to time crunch.

• 2 weeks later...