AVIC411.com

Internet, streaming audio, google maps, etc

i have an f700 . i have seen some questions on your site about ppl trying to get internet access to work . you can use google maps or any streaming media . to do this you need a bluetooth manager to pair your bluetooth device .

i use this: http://www.adeneo-embedded.com/srt/en/d ... n.id:=1332

for internet access, you can use PAN . i have a windows mobile 6.1 that has "internet connection sharing" via bluetooth .

it's easy, just pair your phone to the avic . then activate internet connection sharing over bluetooth on your phone .

now you can use google maps or you can install a CE web browser (Opera: http://www.opera.com/mobile/)

have fun

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have an f700 . i have seen some questions on your site about ppl trying to get internet access to work . you can use google maps or any streaming media . to do this you need a bluetooth manager to pair your bluetooth device .

i use this: http://www.adeneo-embedded.com/srt/en/d ... n.id:=1332

for internet access, you can use PAN . i have a windows mobile 6.1 that has "internet connection sharing" via bluetooth .

it's easy, just pair your phone to the avic . then activate internet connection sharing over bluetooth on your phone .

now you can use google maps or you can install a CE web browser (Opera: http://www.opera.com/mobile/)

have fun

so you've actually had it running? wow, could you post pics?

Looks pretty basic. Copy the cab file to the device and then dbl-click it to install it.

List of requirements:

· CAB File Installer/Uninstaller (to use binary package)

· USB Host Support (or Serial Port Support)

· Bluetooth Stack with Integrated CSR Chipset Driver

· Graphical Shell (Standard Shell , AYGShell API Set if no Mouse device)

· Bluetooth Stack with Integrated USB Driver (or UART-Only Driver)

· Microsoft Foundation Classes

· Object Exchange Protocol (OBEX) /Obex Server + Obex Client

· C Libraries and Runtimes

o C++ Runtime Support for Exception Handling and Runtime Type Information

· Component Object Model (COM/DCOM)

· MSXML 3.0/ XML Core Services and Document Object Model (DOM)

· Bluetooth HS/HF and Audio Gateway Service

The following environment variable:

· Sysgen_bth_a2dp = 1

The following modules are optional (add profiles)

· Bluetooth Pan

· Add the registry : [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Bluetooth\HandsfreeProfileOn]

· Add the BTSCOSND audio driver for audio routing to Bluetooth hardware in Built-in WAV1:

SYSGEN_BTH_AUDIO

You can download the trial for free. Looks like it will last 30 min.

I guess the big question is.... Who wants to be the gunea pig :)

Looks pretty basic. Copy the cab file to the device and then dbl-click it to install it.

List of requirements:

· Sysgen_bth_a2dp = 1

· Bluetooth Pan

· Add the BTSCOSND audio driver for audio routing to Bluetooth hardware in Built-in WAV1:

SYSGEN_BTH_AUDIO

so anyone tried it yet?

List of requirements:

· Sysgen_bth_a2dp = 1

· Bluetooth Pan

SYSGEN_BTH_AUDIO

so anyone tried it yet?

I nominate gremlin190. After all he is the one who said it seems pretty basic. Come on gremlin take on for the team.

This has been discussed many times on here. I don't have programming know how or I would give it a shot.

I think the AVIC has some of the stacks required for TCP/IP. I noticed it had an icon for BT DUN which is Bluetooth Dial Up Networking. Now my idea was a bit different. I want the internet connection to be as easy as possible for the AVIC. This is why I don't think a WiFi adapter in the SD slot is the best solution. I purchased a USB 10/100 wired ethernet adapter that has CE 5 drivers available. In fact a few months ago I posted all this info on a thread and no body chimed in. In included the driver and the registery edit needed to make it work.

I happen to own a D-Link DIR-450 EVDO router with a Verizon Wireless EVDO card installed. This is mounted in the trunk of my car. So if I could let the router take care of the connection and just dynamically assign a IP to my F700 through a wired connection, it would be the least complicated solution for the AVIC.

What I would like to run on my AVIC is the Windows Mobile version of SlingPlayer. Not sure how to make that happen either...

Well, whatever you install to Windows CE can be removed via the remove programs dialog in the control panel. I don't have mobile internet on my phone or else I'd try it. Well, that and I don't know if it could possibly modify crucial files which the uninstaller wouldn't fix.

But the possibilities that would be opened up with this (if it is indeed confirmed by more than one person) are vast. You could incorporate internet content into something like leet launcher to pull traffic, weather, mobitv, internet radio, etc..

It's sort of funny that the original poster doesn't even show any proof though. No screenshots, nothing.

You can also get the FON routers that support USB for 39 bucks and they support EVDO cards. also PAM networking on bluetooth should work on these units i just broke my avic tonight the Usb for the ipod seemed to come loose inside the unit i pulled it out to fix or return. Id love for ppl to Opensource develope on this unit since it is a pda pc

That'd be amazing and I'd spend the money for it. I currently have a Dash Express that has a cell phone built in - live traffic updates, and yahoo live searching. I love it - but I like my F700 more. I'm gonna ebay it soon (the Dash Express)

I'd absolutely pay a monthly access fee for my F700 to be online. I had considered building a carputer but the components are so astronomically expensive to build myself, I just went for the F700.

You can build a carputer for under $400 and use a HU like your F700 to display it. But why when with the right software you can make the F series do it internally?

My other vehicle has a carputer from mini-box.com and it works perfect. I spent about $360 on all the parts.

Ok, I requested the eval version and downloaded the cab file. Attaching the setup XML for the cab file

Does anyone know the CPU type used in F90BT? Is it an ARM or X86 ?

Also which version of CE runs on it?

I do application design/development for windows mobile and have access to the tools to build and deploy.

I will try to decipher the contents of the cab and see what would be effected if we did deploy it on our F-series.