AVIC411.com

Internet, streaming audio, google maps, etc

@ziplocbodybag , I did attempt to use Internet sharing and could not get it work with Avic.

I use Internet sharing via bluetooth or USB to tether my touch diamond and my laptop almost every day.

It appears that Avic is controlling the type of devices that can be connected the USB port. Only USB mass storage seems to be active. Not sure how the ipod is controlled via that port.

Internet sharing utility primarily uses "RNDIS Internet Shaing". It requires a RNDIS Internet Sharing driver to be installed on a Windows CE device for it to work. It could be a driver issue, but it almost appeared that it did not even detect that an internet sharing device is connected.

It is worth puruing further. I am a little crunched on time now. But will do it after the SDIO wifi test.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have a Windows Mobile Phone like the Touch Pro, or any phone that had video out this is really the easiest way to go. Pair a bluetooth mouse and/or keyboard with your phone to navigate the web browser(or any other features) on your phone then use the tv out to hook it up to the AVIC Video/Audio In. Use Pandora for Streaming audio, and Google Maps is free for WM phones I believe. Basically a limted carputer with minimal hacking to your AVIC.

The point isn't to have internet and programs using the internet on your phone.. anyone can do that. The point is having internet relayed to the AVIC itself so you can use the touchscreen and integrate programs right into the unit itself that access the internet. It makes things much simpler when you can just touch the screen instead of having to fiddle with your cell phone or use other hardware to navigate. That isn't what this topic is about.

got the card. Trying to get WLAn driver installed. It requires a reboot. We already know that Avic looses everything on the main disk after a reboot.

How do i use MortScript? Is there a link that someone can point me to. I have a bunch of files that are needed to be copied to Windows folder and also some registry keys that need to be added.

Here are the instructions so far. Dont try to use these yet. I have not tested them yet. But attaching the files for reference. Based on what others have been using on gpspassion to get this card working in a Windows CE device.

1) download and unzip Wlan.rar, copy Wlan folder to flash disk.

2) import wlan.reg and copy all files in win folder to windows of Avic

3) reboot Avic

3) plug in wifi card, wait for 5 sec before start Wlan.exe

I need to script the file and registry copy part.

Is there any way to import a whole reg file into registry on the avic manually? I tried to use the PHM registry editor, but the import option is greyed out and double-clicking the file does not seem to apply it to registry.

I would like to test the reg file before i create a mortscript for it.