AVIC411.com

Voice Recognition "Play Song?"

Hello,

Can you say "Play Song (song name)?" instead of "Play Artist (artist)?" when you are using your iPod?

Im having trouble with the commands for the Voice Recognition and I dont know what they all are.. :oops::oops:

Ive seen the ones that come up on the screen when you activate VR but the Pioneer Manual on the CD wasnt much help... Can anyone help me with this?

How can I use the VR to play a specific song???

Thanks!

Does not work to play a specific song. The manual explains it all. Pages 149 and 150 in the F90BT manual. I don't know which page numbers for the other units. I tried to paste the instructions in here, but the pdf file doesn't let me "copy". Just go to Google and google the model number of your head unit and the words manual and pdf.

I was frustrated with not being able to pick a song too. I have had to resort to saying "Show Artist X". Then select the Album Y before picking the song Z.

In the end, I remind myself I have thousands of songs so it would probably be difficult for the VR to differentiate all of them. It's bummer I can't just pick the one specific song I want to hear, but oh well. I demo'ed Ford Sync and its VR seemed to work better. But, Pioneer VR is OK, I guess.

With the VR, you can pick the artist, album, playlist or genre.

I was watching a youtube video featuring the F700BT and it shows the guy just voicing the command while the music is playing and then it switching. I have to press in my knob everytime I want to use a command. Am I missing a set up feature or have a button selected wrong or is this proper operation? I got the unit from a freind and am trying to read the manual as I come across "issues" but this looked like a decent place to ask the question.

I have not tried to play a specific song yet...I usually can't remember the correct name as it is in the catalogue anyway :oops:

The problem with "play song" is that there are so many songs of the same name by different artists.

For example I have:

2 Angels

2 Beautiful Disaster

2 Believe

3 Better Days

2 Boston

2 Breakdown

2 Brown Eyed Girl (cover and original though they may be, theyre very different versions)

3 Change Your Mind

2 Dont Stop

2 Down

2 Everywhere

2 Fallen

....... Im sure by now you get the point.

Songs also frequently have unpronounceable or difficult names.

Still a feature that I would love however

Does not work to play a specific song.

Incorrect, "play song" most definitely works. I use it all the time. However, I do find that the accuracy rate is a bit lower than "artist" or "album" commands. As watkch01 noted, I'll bet a lot of us do have songs of the same name performed by multiple artists (whether they're completely different songs or covers of the same song). But additionally, because there are just so many more songs - period - than artists or albums, the VR has a lot more trouble figuring out exactly what you want to hear. In other words, it probably gets confused not just by identically-named songs, but also ones that sound similar - the titles rhyme/have similar sounds/cadence/whatever it is that the VR focuses on.