AVIC411.com

How To remove the Navigation Warning

I want to show you a procedure that worked in an iPAQ310 that can be also valid on AVIC F-Series

iPAQ 310 is a 4.3" Personal Navigation Assistance which comes also with a iGO8.0 customised version. Its screen resolution is also 800x480 and its CPU is quite the same than the AVIC ones.

It sounds to me that NavNgo first worked on the development of iPAQ software and later on AVIC as some structure on the navigation side is maintained. Of course AVIC is a more serious equipment but what worked for the iPAQ can also work for AVIC or at least point the direction to search.

Please find some methods to remove this warning extracted form iPAQ customization forum http://www.gpspassion.com/forumsen/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=101001&whichpage=1

data.zip:project_config\hp_sagan.ini: remove nav warning message.

[before]
drive_carefully=1

[After]
drive_carefully=0

Note: When resuming from standby while on battery the message is not displayed. When resuming from standby 
while charging the warning message is displayed.I have had only inconsistent results.

Below two further customizations which may be added to the first post.

Disable "Drive Carefully" warning

To completly disable the #8222;Drive Carefully#8220; warning follow these steps:

File:
data.zip \ui_hp_sagan\common\ui\drive_carefully.ui

Replace:

With:

Therefore we only have to look for the script where the message is launched and put a semicolom before the line. That's all!.

Now, I have performed a first seach and unfortunately in piooner.ini ther is no drive_carefully=1

Then looking into \ui_pioneer\common\ui\ there are a lot of .ui files and the more likely to me is legal.ui.

It is also to mention that within each language file zip file stored in "\APL2\iGo\CONTENT\LANG" there are included some .xhtml files and one of them is drive_carefully.xhtml.

So, who want to test it?

Ther

In ui_pioneer\common\ui\variable_def.ui, There's the following variable :

;Show or not the drive carefully message layer

But as it's allready assigned to "0", I don't know if it can change something.

I don't think that it's the file legal.ui that drives the message ... =>

[...]

[...]

It's not the drive carefully message :-(

Found in ui_pioneer\common\ui\general.ui the following section :

Title.SET "Safety Instructions"

run sc_ScrollingLayerInit ui_SafetyScreenXHTML

run sc_ScrollingLayerDone

Perhaps it's there that we must comment some lines ... I don't have my car with me so impossible to do the tests.

Should also note that on the iPaq under ui_hp_sagan\common\ui\variable_def.ui, there was a variable called vDriveCarefully_show.

Nuked that one too on my iPaq and tried several tests:

1. Message didn't display on first startup (hard reset, boot, select nav options all the way to the map screen)

2. Suspended, plugged it in, turn on. Message displayed. :(

3. Suspended, unplugged, turn on. Message displayed. :(

Repeated steps 2 & 3 a few times and still got the message every time. Need to re-install Cygwin today so I can grep the whole tree for vDriveCarefully_show to see if there's a script that re-sets the variable somewhere on a suspend/exit.

Anyway, the Pioneer UI files don't have the vDriveCarefully_show variable. Also recall the experiments Dr. I-Forgot-Your-Name-Sorry and a few others have tried (deleting iGo from the flash entirely, pressing MAP and still getting the message) seem to indicate we still need to alter navi.exe somehow to nuke the message on the AVICs.