AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

Nav mod 3.0 is one of the best I have tried so far. Good feature set and it works very nicely. Thanks for all the effort.

However the drop-down road sign seems a bit too small to be useful. I would prefer the same drop-down road sign seen in the default if it's all possible. :D:D:D

Thank you again ...

+1. Boris, can u tell us how to add the default road signs from 3.0 back please? Other than that this mod is very nice.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nav mod 3.0 is one of the best I have tried so far. Good feature set and it works very nicely. Thanks for all the effort.

However the drop-down road sign seems a bit too small to be useful. I would prefer the same drop-down road sign seen in the default if it's all possible. :D:D:D

Thank you again ...

+1. Boris, can u tell us how to add the default road signs from 3.0 back please? Other than that this mod is very nice.

One other request: Have street labels in 3d. It shows on 2d.

Thanks

Jimbo

Thanks

Jimbo

Nothing to do with the skin, this is (somewhat) controlled by the color scheme...

Aug. 31 update.

http://www.4shared.com/file/129128249/7 ... /data.html

Road signs are moved down a bit so they do not cover next street name, and minor improvements.

Thanks

Jimbo

Nothing to do with the skin, this is (somewhat) controlled by the color scheme...

Aug. 31 update.

http://www.4shared.com/file/129128249/7 ... /data.html

Road signs are moved down a bit so they do not cover next street name, and minor improvements.

Boris i think i found a bug. When u press the route button :arrow: cursor button :arrow: info, it seems things are overlaping there.

Boris i think i found a bug. When u press the route button :arrow: cursor button :arrow: info, it seems things are overlaping there.

Yeah, I've seen that, thanks. It seems that some templates are processed a bit differently on RU units than on ours. We're looking at it.

What's the chance of getting Yuri's zip to work with the gurjon skin half patch in the future?

I really like Yuri's work too, but I feel sort of locked into this gurjon one right now.

Well, they are talking to each other, although this is not a half-patch thing (half-patches are for optional features like fuel calc and car changer). Osmenog's port of Gurjon skin already works the way skins are supposed to work in iGO: a rather generic DATA.ZIP that handles start-up of the system, and a skin file that is selected. I imagine that if someone would go through Yuri's/andr2000's DATA.ZIP, change all references to ui_pioneer to ui_igo8, add skin info file to it and drop it into content\skin, it might work. Of course we'd need to add a standard iGO skin sleection button to DATA.ZIP as well

Finally have you come across a spud file creator that allows the advanced cameras to be accepted, the one I have obtained does not.

try attached (for ezrider 8.0)

Thanks very much, this works very well and am now testing the spud file that I have created.

Colin

What's the chance of getting Yuri's zip to work with the gurjon skin half patch in the future?

I really like Yuri's work too, but I feel sort of locked into this gurjon one right now.

Well, they are talking to each other, although this is not a half-patch thing (half-patches are for optional features like fuel calc and car changer). Osmenog's port of Gurjon skin already works the way skins are supposed to work in iGO: a rather generic DATA.ZIP that handles start-up of the system, and a skin file that is selected. I imagine that if someone would go through Yuri's/andr2000's DATA.ZIP, change all references to ui_pioneer to ui_igo8, add skin info file to it and drop it into content\skin, it might work. Of course we'd need to add a standard iGO skin sleection button to DATA.ZIP as well

This is really good news. Changing the references from Pioneer to IGO should be easy, you lost me on the other two items.

I envision one day we'd be able to run any zip through the skin changer.

This is really good news. Changing the references from Pioneer to IGO should be easy, you lost me on the other two items.

I envision one day we'd be able to run any zip through the skin changer.

The idea is to drop GJxxx.zip file into content\skin, and then add a standard (from generic iGO data.zip) button for selecting skins to DATA.ZIP in the iGO directory.

Finally have you come across a spud file creator that allows the advanced cameras to be accepted, the one I have obtained does not.

try attached (for ezrider 8.0)

Thanks very much, this works very well and am now testing the spud file that I have created.

Colin

Working fine, but I have another question - sorry!

When a spud file is created, under type does it hold a name e.g. RPSPost or does it hold the spud number e.g. 14.

The reason I ask is I would like to change the spreadsheet so that it is more suitable to the UK.

Thanks for all your help.

Colin

Boris the sign posts are now overlaping the next street bar?

Nope, Just checked it, one of the fixes in the prev. release was that shields are moved under the next street line. Make sure you're running the latest one.