AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

I took the new Nav mod for a 60 miles ride yesterday. The latest version worked out very nicely. It was clear and clean. One thing I noticed however was that the settings I put before ride were lost when I turned on the unit again. Any ideas :?::?::?:

More specific, I lost the Smart Zoom settings. Can I set those in sys.txt?

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took the new Nav mod for a 60 miles ride yesterday. The latest version worked out very nicely. It was clear and clean. One thing I noticed however was that the settings I put before ride were lost when I turned on the unit again. Any ideas :?::?::?:

It should keep them. Which settigns were they, and do you override any of them in SYS.TXT?

It should keep them. Which settigns were they, and do you override any of them in SYS.TXT?

No. I lost the Smart Zoom setting. In particular, Limt to zoom in/out. I like it to be 200ft and 300ft.

No. I lost the Smart Zoom setting. In particular, Limt to zoom in/out. I like it to be 200ft and 300ft.

I'll test it again...

New update from Stanislavovich. For firmware 2.x/iGO 8.0 ONLY

http://www.4shared.com/file/130180814/a ... _DATA.html

1. When route is present, output either current time or ETA. Switch by tapping time (in route only). In cruise mode -- always current time. Remembers last state.

2. Icon next to time output -- clock for current time and flag for ETA.

3. Dashboard. Displayed by tapping the current speed in navigation screen. Red section onb the speedo when over the speed limit.

4. Speed logs. Call from Dashboard-"Speed Logs". Logs speed when it changes by 1 Km/h, Stores date, time and speed. Stores 400 values (about 5 minutes in city driving. When current log fills up it is stored as Previous log" (accessible through "Prev Log") and zeroed. Thus you have speed log for last 5-10 minutes which should be enough for disputing tickets. Current log can be cleared- "Clear log", you can add current speed- "Add", and stored to save\userlists\speed_log_saved - "Save Log". Current and previous speed logs are in the same location: speed_log and speed_log_last. Copy to a card and use as evidence.

5. Trip Computer. Called from the same location.Button to choose which ?? to use.

New update from Stanislavovich. For firmware 2.x/iGO 8.0 ONLY

http://www.4shared.com/file/130180814/a ... _DATA.html

1. When route is present, output either current time or ETA. Switch by tapping time (in route only). In cruise mode -- always current time. Remembers last state.

2. Icon next to time output -- clock for current time and flag for ETA.

3. Dashboard. Displayed by tapping the current speed in navigation screen. Red section onb the speedo when over the speed limit.

4. Speed logs. Call from Dashboard-"Speed Logs". Logs speed when it changes by 1 Km/h, Stores date, time and speed. Stores 400 values (about 5 minutes in city driving. When current log fills up it is stored as Previous log" (accessible through "Prev Log") and zeroed. Thus you have speed log for last 5-10 minutes which should be enough for disputing tickets. Current log can be cleared- "Clear log", you can add current speed- "Add", and stored to save\userlists\speed_log_saved - "Save Log". Current and previous speed logs are in the same location: speed_log and speed_log_last. Copy to a card and use as evidence.

5. Trip Computer. Called from the same location.Button to choose which ?? to use.

is he putting that in the 3.0 version

Update for Firmware 3.x/iGO 8.3 by andr2000

13. Map autotilt when road shields appear

14. Next Road name not covered by shields

15. Fixed autotilt adjustments

16. Added new features from Stanislavovich's latest version

17. Lane arrows can be displayed together with shields.

Same link: http://www.4shared.com/file/129128249/7 ... /data.html

Hello,

I just tried this mod (on 3.0, version , great stuff, very customizable, easy and clear!

But as I'm in europe, I really need TMC. I don't see any button anywhere to control it. Is it implemented?? From what I've read here, I understand it should be, but I'm not sure...

I also think that directions indications should stay on left of the screen, and speed infos should be on right side, so I suggest to move speed info to top right and left distance at the place of actual speed. It will be great also to have choice between "time left to distance" and "time at distance" .

Just suggestions.

Most embarrassing is the position of the speed alert icon, wich is overlayed by the ipod art cover (I don't care about this Art Cover, how to remove this??)

Thanks for all!

Franck

Update for Firmware 3.x/iGO 8.3 by andr2000

13. Map autotilt when road shields appear

14. Next Road name not covered by shields

15. Fixed autotilt adjustments

16. Added new features from Stanislavovich's latest version

17. Lane arrows can be displayed together with shields.

Same link: http://www.4shared.com/file/129128249/7 ... /data.html

Hi Boris:

I love the new mod. One problem that comes up is when I hit the speed number while in route, the system reboots. If I don't hit the speed, it works fine. Is there something I am ddoing wrong?

Thanks

Jimbo