AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

Many thanks to everyone for developing this mod - And support from BorisM is better then any paid customer support I've ever gotten! I was going to send my 500BT back for a refund but I have decided to keep it because I've learned a lot from this thread and I'm going to keep hacking my unit in 2.0. The only other items I'd like to see are:

1) The ability to turn "off" the Off-Route Recalculation as you can do in the stock Igo8 package (or)

2) Just turn off auto recalculation altogether and add a button on the map screen for route recalculation

3) Tracking Up in 2D (Yea, I know - not gonna happen)

Also, I've noticed that I load a saved route - and choose to start from a saved location rather then the GPS position, It's supposed to turn off the auto recalc - However, It still recalculates?? Any Ideas? Thanks -

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Many thanks to everyone for developing this mod - And support from BorisM is better then any paid customer support I've ever gotten! I was going to send my 500BT back for a refund but I have decided to keep it because I've learned a lot from this thread and I'm going to keep hacking my unit in 2.0. The only other items I'd like to see are:

1) The ability to turn "off" the Off-Route Recalculation as you can do in the stock Igo8 package (or)

2) Just turn off auto recalculation altogether and add a button on the map screen for route recalculation

Also, I've noticed that I load a saved route - and choose to start from a saved location rather then the GPS position, It's supposed to turn off the auto recalc - However, It still recalculates?? Any Ideas? Thanks -

- turn "off" the Off-Route Recalculation - I am developing

- a button on the map screen for route recalc - I am developing

- Tracking Up in 2D - sorry...

if you load saved route from destination menu then you will be in navigation mode, so recalculation will run. to avoide that you have 2 possibilities

- turn off gps (through navi settings)

- load saved route through map mode (where are the buttons route, cursor, find, fit etc). By that way you will be into the map screen (not navigation) and recalculation will be switched off, so you can simulate, investigate the route etc till you press "Map" button on the device - it means go to vavigation mode and recalculation from current position.

- turn "off" the Off-Route Recalculation - I am developing

- a button on the map screen for route recalc - I am developing

- Tracking Up in 2D - sorry...

if you load saved route from destination menu then you will be in navigation mode, so recalculation will run. to avoide that you have 2 possibilities

- turn off gps (through navi settings)

- load saved route through map mode (where are the buttons route, cursor, find, fit etc). By that way you will be into the map screen (not navigation) and recalculation will be switched off, so you can simulate, investigate the route etc till you press "Map" button on the device - it means go to vavigation mode and recalculation from current position.

Thanks for the quick reply! I'm a bit bewildered as to why Pioneer chose to strip out the off-route recalculation button. This is a bit of a castration to a very nice navigation unit.

I'm currently playing with Igo8.3 through Leetlauncher and I must say - I do like the stock interface very much - However, I prefer the layout and look of the map screen on this mod. As I expected - The off-route recalculation turned off is very nice - But the map "spinning" issue is more pronounced on the Igo8.3. If all goes well with off-route recalculation on this mod, I'll probably stick with 2.0. Thanks Again !

• 2 weeks later...

I posted a question about this mod last night (UK time) and the forum crashed five minutes later.

Should I take this personally!!!!!!

My question was:

This new skin looks very intersting but does not appear to have audible speedcam warnings. My current warnimngs are based on GTiMatt's script, has any one upgraded this new mod to include such audible warnings?

Thanks

Colin

IThis new skin looks very intersting but does not appear to have audible speedcam warnings. My current warnimngs are based on GTiMatt's script, has any one upgraded this new mod to include such audible warnings?

What means "audible speedcam warnings" ? :?

This mod can give you acoustic warnings for speedcam in different modes:

- Camera settings:

Any camera type can be turned off separately (no yellow border). There will be neither visual nor sound warning when approaching a camera.

Custom Audio Warnings:

For every camera type you can select audio behaviour

* Off: No audio notice.

* Alarm: If not going faster than camera speed, there will be no audio alarm. If speed is within acceptable range: In 1000, 450 and 250 meters there will be one warning sound for attention. If going faster than limit + overspeed: In 1000 meters there will be a single alarm, then, starting with Alarm distance there will be constant alarm sound, increasing in frequency as you approach the camera. In 150 meters there will be last attempt to bring you to your senses. After that, warnings are useless anyway.

* Warning: If not going over camera speed: no sound. If speeding (no overspeed applied): From specified alarm distance until the camera there will be constant audio warning of the dangerous zone.

* Reminder: In 800 meters there will be a single reminder, independent of speed.

Usage samples: Alarm – Speed Camera, Warning – speed bump, Reminder – POI.

* Verification beep - Always do a single beep 150 meters before camera. Used for testing camera locations.

------

* Distance cameras (average speed?) not checked

* No voice warnings.

The whole description from Boris is on page 8.

http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=24444&start=105#p168165

Thanks for responding.

OK fair point, although I have previously read Boris' post and all subsequent posts on that thread.

My system gives a spoken warning when approaching a speed camera, saying the type of speed camera and the speed limit, e.g. 'red light camera ahead 30 miles per hour'.

These I copied from GTiMatt's mad although I believe that there are other versions.

My question is whether anyone has integrated this type of audible warning into this new mod.

Thanks

Colin

Thanks for responding.

OK fair point, although I have previously read Boris' post and all subsequent posts on that thread.

My system gives a spoken warning when approaching a speed camera, saying the type of speed camera and the speed limit, e.g. 'red light camera ahead 30 miles per hour'.

These I copied from GTiMatt's mad although I believe that there are other versions.

My question is whether anyone has integrated this type of audible warning into this new mod.

Thanks

Colin

Not that I know of, although it should be relatively straightforward -- logic would be the same. The only problem would be due to all the extended warning types this skin supports.

And now I'll need to re-upload the new version...

06.08.2009 9.2

1. Found POI counter while searching

2. Off-Route Recalculation switch in Settings

3. When going off-route, Next Maneuver are shows "Recalculate" sign or turn restriction (priority). Tapping will start route recalc once (not saved).

4. On the Avoid screen, "Delete Route" button is changed: if the next destination is a Via point, it is "Skip next Via", otherwise "Delete Route"

5. Added Off-route Recalculation turn-on button to the Avoid screen (permanent turn-on). Visible only if Off-Route recalc was turned off.

FIXES:

1. Correct coordinates for a Favorite created at a current GPS position with long tap on FitToScreen

Download new version from: http://depositfiles.com/files/yli0tbknt

Have loaded and now await a test on Monday when I travel to Peterborough.

However a quick question. In the past I have replaced both 2d and 3d cars with vehicle images. With the new mod the 3d version appears to work ok but in 2d it does not, I still have the original arrows! I have tried replacing both daycar and daycar_big but this doesn't seem to work.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks

Colin

Sorry all, but another question.

I have tried to make the speedcam warnings more understandable than the various 'beeps'.

I thought I had worked out that the beeps were generated from the following sequence of script and made changes so as to call alternative voice files. The alternative files are not important as it is just for testing purposes.

;******************************************************
; Speedcam Sound scripts
;******************************************************

The problem is that it doesn't work as I still have what I think are the original 'beeps'!

The calls to the audio files must therefore be made elsewhere. but where.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Colin