AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

This Mod Rocks ! I just purchased a 500BT and saw that it had potential, but found that it was buggy and some of the necessary functionality was missing. I was thinking to return it especially because I had no way to turn off the "auto Reroute" and it kept entering TTS voice setup when I was zooming via the front knob. This mod fixed both of these and I'm keeping it now! The only thing I'm waiting for now is 2D, North Up and it will be perfect. Thanks Everyone - I'm looking forward to hacking it further ! Cheers

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok i think I got it mapped out now. I was away from the site for a while and a lot has been happening. So with the full up date you can't mod yet ... is that correct? or is it just certain mods don't work because of minor change?

Yes mods are still easy and available to do , but the ui files are just alittle different so all the mods have to be implemented over the new ui files.

not too difficult, I've spent a couple days now working on some mods... big differences in UI files, they've cleaned up the code A LOT

any pics of your work? can u post zip and what you have done?

Thanks Boris, i found the screen. But so far it shows "Maneuver", "Street", "1", "2", "5", "10", "20", "30". Nothing to see about "cancel route" or "stop voice". Or was it scheduled for a future release?

Cancek Route is in the latest release (check the thread for the latest download link). Voice Mute is planned for the next one.

Thanks! Indeed i had an older release. Now i have the "Cancel route". Cool! 8)

Oops - I guess I jumped the gun - Seems that the on/off for the "auto Reroute" is not working. I can click it to off but it just turns itself back on again. Is there Any way to get this functioning?

Also, I tried modifying my pioneer.ini file. However, when I re-zip it up, it fails to work. Is there a different type of zip utility that I should be using?

Thanks - njzzzz

Oops - I guess I jumped the gun - Seems that the on/off for the "auto Reroute" is not working. I can click it to off but it just turns itself back on again. Is there Any way to get this functioning?

Also, I tried modifying my pioneer.ini file. However, when I re-zip it up, it fails to work. Is there a different type of zip utility that I should be using?

Thanks - njzzzz

What ZIP utility are you using now? Generally, WinRAR or 7-Zip work the best -- you need to make sure that changed pioneer.ini is being written to the same folder inside the archive.

Never tried turning auto-rerouting off, will test later...

Thanks - njzzzz

What ZIP utility are you using now? Generally, WinRAR or 7-Zip work the best -- you need to make sure that changed pioneer.ini is being written to the same folder inside the archive.

Thanks! I don't know why but most (if not all) modern GPS manufacturers don't offer the option to turn off auto reroute except IGO. I was happy with my old Magellans that didn't nag me every 2 seconds, and I often find that the first chosen route is best - Which I like to get on and off of and keep zoomed out.

I've been using 7-zip and the standard windows extraction. It might have something to do with the compression of .bmp files which seems to be different size when compressed again.

I'm thinking to add this line to my pioneer.ini file to see if that works:

[navigation]

autoreplan_action="OFF"

Thanks - njzzzz

Thanks! I don't know why but most (if not all) modern GPS manufacturers don't offer the option to turn off auto reroute except IGO. I was happy with my old Magellans that didn't nag me every 2 seconds, and I often find that the first chosen route is best - Which I like to get on and off of and keep zoomed out.

I've been using 7-zip and the standard windows extraction. It might have something to do with the compression of .bmp files which seems to be different size when compressed again.

I'm thinking to add this line to my pioneer.ini file to see if that works:

[navigation]

autoreplan_action="OFF"

Yep - I just tried WinRAR as well. I don't know why, but my zip files will freeze the GPS at "System Startup In Progress". When I put your zip DATA.zip files in - It works just fine. I tried simply uncompressing your files and recompressing them and they don't work either. I'm confused

Yep - I just tried WinRAR as well. I don't know why, but my zip files will freeze the GPS at "System Startup In Progress". When I put your zip DATA.zip files in - It works just fine. I tried simply uncompressing your files and recompressing them and they don't work either. I'm confused

Strange. If it is WinRAR, are you sure you are compressing it as ZIP file and not RAR (silly, but just in case). Also, are you sure you are telling it to keep folder structure when compressing the archive? Open the one that does not work and see if the folder structure is still there.

With this skin, you can increase the time it takes before autoreplan starts (this one does save for sure, I have it changed) -- raise that, and it probably will give you the route you want with minimum nags.

Also, you could set auto_replan to off in SYS.TXT. DOn't need to mess with archiving then.

Strange. If it is WinRAR, are you sure you are compressing it as ZIP file and not RAR (silly, but just in case). Also, are you sure you are telling it to keep folder structure when compressing the archive? Open the one that does not work and see if the folder structure is still there.

With this skin, you can increase the time it takes before autoreplan starts (this one does save for sure, I have it changed) -- raise that, and it probably will give you the route you want with minimum nags.

Also, you could set auto_replan to off in SYS.TXT. DOn't need to mess with archiving then.

The structure is still there. Ive tried WinZip, WinRAR, 7-zip - None of my zipped files will work. I've even taken a working file, unzipped it - re-zipped it and that won't work either.

The increase in time in "AutoReplan is not long enough. I drive hundreds of miles sometimes. I like to see an overview of my journey and I like to go off route a lot. I guess I'm a holdover from my mapping and compass days. Sometimes I can go up a road 15 miles and the GPS will nag me every 1/10 mile.

Is there a possibility that you can add this line to pioneer.ini and send me the new zipped data.zip file?

[navigation]

autoreplan_action="off"

If so, my e-mail is njzzzz@aol.com

Thanks!

Actually - add that line to the older skin - the one that has the switch for "automatic re-route"

Thanks -

Wouldn't it be easier to just add it to SYS.TXT -- no need to mess with archives then.

And something is definitely wrong with your archiving... Rezipping an unzipped DATA.ZIP should work, as long as the structure is still there...

Actually - add that line to the older skin - the one that has the switch for "automatic re-route"

Thanks -

Wouldn't it be easier to just add it to SYS.TXT -- no need to mess with archives then.

And something is definitely wrong with your archiving... Rezipping an unzipped DATA.ZIP should work, as long as the structure is still there...

I originally added it to sys.txt and it didn't work. So i thought that the unit might be bypassing that file. And I don't have any idea why my zip files are not working - I didn't change any of the structure. I'm doing a virus scan now.

I originally added it to sys.txt and it didn't work. So i thought that the unit might be bypassing that file. And I don't have any idea why my zip files are not working - I didn't change any of the structure. I'm doing a virus scan now.

It most definitely is using SYS.TXT -- I have quite a few settings there. I'd check that you have syntax correct, and that there's no overriding setting in pioneer.ini... Although I think SYS.TXT might actually take precedence over it...

Can anyone tell me were it declares the vehicle icon and the route text? I can't seem to pin point it. Once I find that my skin will be ready for you guys to test. It is not in browsemap_800_480.ui or navigatemap_800_480.ui which is were the majority of my skin changes have been made.

post-22402-12872757980791_thumb.jpg