AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey

can sobody tell my what to do?. i am from holland and have the f900bt i read everiting but can find what i must do to load it

what i know is start up whit test mode and thats working! i see a windows

but what must i do then can sombody tell step bij step what to do?.

thanks a lot

hey

can sobody tell my what to do?. i am from holland and have the f900bt i read everiting but can find what i must do to load it

what i know is start up whit test mode and thats working! i see a windows

but what must i do then can sombody tell step bij step what to do?.

thanks a lot

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=18977

Start by going through that

You will need to repace your current data file with the one posted

Alright, so I've played with Yuri's version, and it's an entierly different breed of mod.

I found it to be a bit confusing at first, everything is hidden and it makes you think *ugh, now where is that* but once you get the hang of it and know the gui a bit more you can flip through it fairly quickly.

Design overall is pretty simple (the way I like it) most buttons are hidden that you do not use on a regular basis, but they are easy to get to if you need it. GUI is VERY user freindly, most of the settings you will ever need are at your fingertip (litreally) which is fairly nice, although as NSEW pointed out earlier in a PM you better watch the road and not the screen otherwise you'll drive into a ditch... so that becomes somewhat of a downfall, maybe WAY to many options, some things should be kept hidden so users dont fiddle with it and pay attention to the road.

Errors, I did not stumble upon any, but I only played with it for about 10minutes just to see the capabilities. Considering the amount of features the new GUI has, I was expecting more errors, the more features things usually have the higher chance of failure... this is not the case in this instance.

Settings - Just WOW I can't believe how many more features Yuri was able to add, the list under Settings > Navigation have tripled if not more, from the distance of a warning to you getting notified there's railroad tracks coming up; There is maybe a handful of people that will ever need most of these, for the truck drivers, cab drivers, and consultants like myself it really does help... you can be given a warning that there's tracks infront of you so you can plan accordingly.

Yuri, by far very good work! Thanks for sharing! Boris, thanks for assisting the users with any misc help they require.

the 3.0 looks pretty nice, have you tested it out Boris?

3.0 is pretty nice, but I am waiting for Yuri to rewrite this skin to support iGO 8.3 before I am upgrading :)

As is, other than newer maps (and possibly a chance to use Navteq ones) 8.3 doesn't do all that much to me: I never use 2D head-up mode, and Road Signs... I have them on my Navigon. They are nice the first time you see them, but that's about it. I'd much rather have a good navi interface and features that Yuri exposes.

the 3.0 looks pretty nice, have you tested it out Boris?

3.0 is pretty nice, but I am waiting for Yuri to rewrite this skin to support iGO 8.3 before I am upgrading :)

As is, other than newer maps (and possibly a chance to use Navteq ones) 8.3 doesn't do all that much to me: I never use 2D head-up mode, and Road Signs... I have them on my Navigon. They are nice the first time you see them, but that's about it. I'd much rather have a good navi interface and features that Yuri exposes.

The part that I most like about the 3.0 is the speed difference, it's amazing what they've done, it's almost as if they shouldnt sell it and pay people to update, maybe then so many people wouldnt return their unit.

If Yuri rewrites the skins to support iGO 8.3 I'll also upgrade, at this time, I'm somewhat pleased how the unit is running with the YURI MOD, and with new new features and the customization I'm definitely satisfied.

I never use 3D, the unit as it is runs WAY to slow to keep me happy in 3D

The part that I most like about the 3.0 is the speed difference, it's amazing what they've done, it's almost as if they shouldnt sell it and pay people to update, maybe then so many people wouldnt return their unit.

If Yuri rewrites the skins to support iGO 8.3 I'll also upgrade, at this time, I'm somewhat pleased how the unit is running with the YURI MOD, and with new new features and the customization I'm definitely satisfied.

Strange... It runs fast enough in 3D for me, unless I up the simulation speed to 1000 mph...

Strange... It runs fast enough in 3D for me, unless I up the simulation speed to 1000 mph...

It skips on mine, it kind of skips on 2D, but 2D is somewhate bearable, I thought before that it was the mods, but when I reformatted and updated it still ran the same. I did raise the memory, but still no dice...

This get's my vote as #1 mod!

The only thing I miss is the voice mute button.

in what way do you think it will be possible to add that button? I do not like to put it on the screen, what if I put it in the bottom line to the avoid screen: during the navigation the button "avoid" is active, when you push it you can choose the blocked distance, delete route and ... switch on/off the sound.

if it is suitable let me know, that i can do.

Yuri

This get's my vote as #1 mod!

The only thing I miss is the voice mute button.

in what way do you think it will be possible to add that button? I do not like to put it on the screen, what if I put it in the bottom line to the avoid screen: during the navigation the button "avoid" is active, when you push it you can choose the blocked distance, delete route and ... switch on/off the sound.

Yuri

Yuri, that works!

I do not like to put it on the screen, what if I put it in the bottom line to the avoid screen: during the navigation the button "avoid" is active, when you push it you can choose the blocked distance, delete route and ... switch on/off the sound.

Yuri

That's a great solution.