AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to try your mod, how do I install it?

Thanks

you must know your way around testmode, read the hacks thread

I took my data.zip, unzip it using 7zip.

replaced the files and rezipped.

The zip file is now 10 meg, not the original 5.

Did I do something wrong?

I want to try your mod, how do I install it?

Thanks

you must know your way around testmode, read the hacks thread

I took my data.zip, unzip it using 7zip.

replaced the files and rezipped.

The zip file is now 10 meg, not the original 5.

Did I do something wrong?

now you really need to read the hacks thread, i bet if you proceed on what you're doing you'll brick your unit,

New version of DATA.ZIP from Stanislavovich

http://depositfiles.com/files/j8o6gyntn

Fixes:

11.06.2009 7.3

1. Back button in "Destination" menu didn't work

2. Current/Next street were not being restored after map move

3. Removed option to select voice language in regional settings (shows current language only)

4. Removed parking brake check from some buttons: "2D-3D", "delete route".

New features

11.06.2009 7.3

1. Added POI search around address. Also redid "Where to search" screen with icons, like all others.

2. Duplicated MSN button in Find Menu (For US)

3. Restored TMC button to "Destination" screen (for Europe)

4. Added "Record track" button to Cockpit screen, и automatic transparency for this and Plan buttons.

5. "Fullscreen Cockpit" setting (in Visual) removes left-hand information area

6. Adjustable lane guidance -- Top, Bottom, Off

WARNING: after intalling, go to Regional Settings and turn off Test Mode

PS Jason -- could you update the local copy please?

Hey Stanislavovich, been using your mod here in UK for about a week now, gota say I'm very impressed except for one annoying problem I'm having, although I don't know if its to do with your mod or not. When in navi mode with destination set I get the voice info such as 'take next right in quarter of a mile......... 400 feet.............' etc., but once I take the turn I keep getting 'route recalculation ' voice and the route recalc on screen, even though I am driving the route as instructed/displayed. And this is happening on MOST of the turns/manoeuvres during the route, not just the odd one: as soon as I complete the instructed manoeuvre it does a recalc.

I recently updated all my maps to TeleAtlas 2009.02 but I don't see how that should affect the spoken/screen directions.

Any ideas you may have would be welcome.

Hey Stanislavovich, been using your mod here in UK for about a week now, gota say I'm very impressed except for one annoying problem I'm having, although I don't know if its to do with your mod or not. When in navi mode with destination set I get the voice info such as 'take next right in quarter of a mile......... 400 feet.............' etc., but once I take the turn I keep getting 'route recalculation ' voice and the route recalc on screen, even though I am driving the route as instructed/displayed. And this is happening on MOST of the turns/manoeuvres during the route, not just the odd one: as soon as I complete the instructed manoeuvre it does a recalc.

I recently updated all my maps to TeleAtlas 2009.02 but I don't see how that should affect the spoken/screen directions.

Any ideas you may have would be welcome.

Interesting... I will ask him about it if he does not drop by himself. FWIW, I didn't try this latest one yet, but on the older version I did not experience this problem... I wonder if you could play with the off-route sensitivity setting...

Hey Boris, how ya doin :)

Sorry, I forgot to say it's the first version I'm on about, haven't tried the new one yet. But the problem is with any/every planned route, and I would say about 70% of the spoken directions/manouvres involve the recalc..........

It's got me baffled, and I've tried changing settings on the fly but no success. Right now I'm going through my settings to see if there's anything obvious(?) that I may have missed, I'll let you know.

EDIT > my off-route sensitivity is set at 7, but I don't even know what the 7 is: seconds, yards?????

Hey Dumpy,

I'm currently using the second version and have not experienced what you've described. The one Boris put in today is the third version. By chance, do you auto replan in your sys.txt? In case you do try either disabling it there and let Navi program do it through the settings. Please excuse me for using the word settings as I know how really don't take kindly to the word.

I have auto-replan in my sys.txt and turned off the off-route calculation altogether. For off-route sensitivity I have it set to 4 and the delay at 5 sec.

Hey Boris, how ya doin :)

Sorry, I forgot to say it's the first version I'm on about, haven't tried the new one yet. But the problem is with any/every planned route, and I would say about 70% of the spoken directions/manouvres involve the recalc..........

It's got me baffled, and I've tried changing settings on the fly but no success. Right now I'm going through my settings to see if there's anything obvious(?) that I may have missed, I'll let you know.

EDIT > my off-route sensitivity is set at 7, but I don't even know what the 7 is: seconds, yards?????

I think sensitivity is just a 1-10 or so slider, doesn't necessarily correspond to any hard distance from the road. I suppose you could try clearing out SAVE folder and reload the new mod...

i've only used the first version so i don't know if this is already fixed, whenever i click in the map and have the cursor to show up when i click the planmode button it always displays the car position instead of the cursor position, like i've said i haven't tried the newer version but this is something that i've noticed and fixed in my version of his version, hahaha, my version of his version, bwahahah

i've only used the first version so i don't know if this is already fixed, whenever i click in the map and have the cursor to show up when i click the planmode button it always displays the car position instead of the cursor position, like i've said i haven't tried the newer version but this is something that i've noticed and fixed in my version of his version, hahaha, my version of his version, bwahahah

I could not check that just now but in any case could you send me what did you change for that in hahaha your version?