AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

Here's what I have in my sys.txt for 3d

[map]

3d_roads=1

3d_tunnels=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=8550

3d_max_zoomlevel=400

3d_min_zoomlevel=40

3d_max_zfar=400

auto_nightmode=0

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=1700

3dcarsizemax=3400

3d_dem=1

3d_dem_detail=2

I think I'll comment out the code in blue and see if it does the trick.

Commenting out the items in blue did not make a difference. Has anyone else been having this problem? It may be specific to a 500 model.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's what I have in my sys.txt for 3d

[map]

3d_roads=1

3d_tunnels=1

3d_max_tiltlevel=8550

3d_max_zoomlevel=400

3d_min_zoomlevel=40

3d_max_zfar=400[/color]

auto_nightmode=0

3d_scale_carmodel=1

3dcarsizemin=1700

3dcarsizemax=3400

3d_dem=1

3d_dem_detail=2

I think I'll comment out the code in blue and see if it does the trick.

Those migth haму some effect. Do you have anything defined for [smartzoom] or anything like that?

Commenting out the items in blue did not make a difference. Has anyone else been having this problem? It may be specific to a 500 model.

AFAIK, the Navi part in 500 is exactly the same as in the rest of the lineup...

Those migth haму some effect. Do you have anything defined for [smartzoom] or anything like that?

No, I don't. Do you think I should?

AFAIK, the Navi part in 500 is exactly the same as in the rest of the lineup...

When 2.0 came out for the 500, I never installed for fear of losing all my previous work. I wonder if that affects it in a way. I'll stay away from the simulate and flyover for now. You know, I haven't even used the unit for navigating for about two months. Used it a little on Saturday to test this zip. I had to turn it off as I was too distracted while playing with the features. It is fun to mess with it by trying new things.

Thanks a lot for all the work you've put in. Everything looks great in my F500BT that I just recent got.

I do have one problem though... After loading CMh928 latest mod I decided to put try this out, but not getting turn by turn voice. I did not mess with the the setting which is on Samantha and tried both built in speaker and preout through car speakers which I have setup with the amp. Did I miss something? Only thing I have done was replace the DATA.zip file within CMH928 mod and loaded in. BTW sound does come out as far as clicking tones and music off of ipod connection. Just gettting dead silence for navi direction. Stock was pretty annoying but I would at least like to know I have a turn coming up as I have this unit below in front of the shifter.

Thanks a lot for all the work you've put in. Everything looks great in my F500BT that I just recent got.

I do have one problem though... After loading CMh928 latest mod I decided to put try this out, but not getting turn by turn voice. I did not mess with the the setting which is on Samantha and tried both built in speaker and preout through car speakers which I have setup with the amp. Did I miss something? Only thing I have done was replace the DATA.zip file within CMH928 mod and loaded in. BTW sound does come out as far as clicking tones and music off of ipod connection. Just gettting dead silence for navi direction. Stock was pretty annoying but I would at least like to know I have a turn coming up as I have this unit below in front of the shifter.

check your language settings or any other settings

No, I don't. Do you think I should?

If you don't, it probably shouldn't...

When 2.0 came out for the 500, I never installed for fear of losing all my previous work. I wonder if that affects it in a way. I'll stay away from the simulate and flyover for now. You know, I haven't even used the unit for navigating for about two months. Used it a little on Saturday to test this zip. I had to turn it off as I was too distracted while playing with the features. It is fun to mess with it by trying new things.

That might have something to do with that, I think the executable changed a bit in 2.0...

Ok I have check all the settings off the unit and everything seems to be in order. I did not disable navi tones or anything. Where else can I look to fix this problem?

This is just a wild card guess. Check your AV settings. I've read where others had issues with the sound and some setting in the AV interface may have changed on they're own.

Here's an official description of the mod:

- Cockpit design:

* Trip Computer output is not adjustable:

"current speed"

"destination ETA" or "current time" (if no route).

"distance to next via point" (top right), When approaching a camera is replaced with distance to camera and output in yellow with red border.

* Clicking Maneuver - choose/cancel detour

* Clicking the Compass switches: "3D navigation with track up<->2D navigation with North up", In 2D, compass becomes an airplane.

* Clicking the Plan Route button switches to "Map" mode. Return to Cockpit mode is always possible with the "Map" hard button.

- In "Map" mode

* Button on the left displays 2D zoom presets. Save zoom adjustments with long clic. Preset buttons disappear automatically after a few seconds.

* Button on the right (flags) shows/hides route planning buttons/

* Button below it displays vehicle type and route calculation method. Clicking displays method selection buttons. Those disappear automatically after a few seconds.

- In the Route menu

* Itinerary - Route description with via points -- how far and when you'll get there. From there you can visit via points on the map.

* Multiplan -- only alternatives, preserving via points..

Settings features:

* "Next Info" in "Screen setting" - What to display in the upper line of the Cockpit -- next street or next via. !!! Vias NOT displayed in simulation!!!

* "Guidance superiority" in "Sound Setting" - force camera sounds off if it overlaps routing directions. THere's a bug/feature in iGO 8: cameras turn route directions off, author choses to sacrifice cameras instead.

- Camera settings:

Any camera type can be turned off separately (no yellow border). There will be neither visual nor sound warning when approaching a camera.

Custom Audio Warnings:

For every camera type you can select audio behaviour

* Off: No audio notice.

* Alarm: If not going faster than camera speed, there will be no audio alarm. If speed is within acceptable range: In 1000, 450 and 250 meters there will be one warning sound for attention. If going faster than limit + overspeed: In 1000 meters there will be a single alarm, then, starting with Alarm distance there will be constant alarm sound, increasing in frequency as you approach the camera. In 150 meters there will be last attempt to bring you to your senses. After that, warnings are useless anyway.

* Warning: If not going over camera speed: no sound. If speeding (no overspeed applied): From specified alarm distance until the camera there will be constant audio warning of the dangerous zone.

* Reminder: In 800 meters there will be a single reminder, independent of speed.

Usage samples: Alarm – Speed Camera, Warning – speed bump, Reminder – POI.

* Verification beep - Always do a single beep 150 meters before camera. Used for testing camera locations.

------

* Distance cameras (average speed?) not checked

* No voice warnings.

Thanks for the listing Boris.

I've also noticed today while I was out that turn restrictions is also on this mod (really nice). As we I know though, that's only as reliable as the map data allows.

Yes, as well as speed limit (to my surprise it was showing speed limits even on some small country roads around Plainfield... this one you have to turn on, though).

Now that author is back there should be more developments coming.

Also, author welcomes changes, as long as they are tested and preserve the main idea of the mod.