AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

This is likely a silly question, but should we modify the "preload.ini" file under the config directory at all to help w/ anything particular to where this is running?

I noticed it has a lot of european/etc items listed there and was wondering if that should be caterred towards where the gps is running.

I.E. - tell it to preload our area/etc -- I am still trying to learn/understand how iGo works/etc

thanks,

Ben

I think this has been discussed before. You can edit it if you want to, but it should not affect anything. US units do not have an European mapping data on them, so there's nothing to preload either way.

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys,

how do I install this mod!!! do I just have to copy data.zip in my avic900bt... and nothing else... how will it take speedcam database.... plz explain!!!

yes, just like any other mods assuming you already have an updated sys.txt, make sure you back up your stuffs

yes, just like any other mods assuming you already have an updated sys.txt, make sure you back up your stuffs

And if it does not work, clear out SAVE folder in USER\UserData\iGO. Keep a backup in case you want to revert to your previous skin.

Guys,

how do I install this mod!!! do I just have to copy data.zip in my avic900bt... and nothing else... how will it take speedcam database.... plz explain!!!

currently i am using Cmh928 mod 4.5.09. so I am hoping that i have modified sys.txt.... correct me if i am wrong !!!

Guys,

currently i am using Cmh928 mod 4.5.09. so I am hoping that i have modified sys.txt.... correct me if i am wrong !!!

correct

Please do not switch on "Test mode", it is only for debug and shows those buttons to allow me all navigation through the screens.

Aha, you are correct I was in Test Mode. Kind of explains why Boris didn't see these on his unit. I turned it off and the options are gone.

there's no pedestrian option.
I guess that the device is used usually in car... for what pedestian mode you need?

There really is no need. I noticed today one of the options is to turn off snap to road. In essence that performs the same as pedestrian mode. Some of the members here in past explained that they take their vehicles off road, either in the mountains or playing in the mud. In the early days of modding the F series one of the options the in-dash folks incorporated was pedestrian mode. Your snap to road option should be a viable solution.

Route simulation and flyover does not have any option to pause, resume, slow or fast simulate.
really I never used that function. may be latter ...

Let me see what I can come up with. Just be forewarned I am not good at graphics.

I, like most here do this as a hobby. Before this unit I never worked with code. Boris has been a valuable member here and helped so many of us to get our units where they currently are. The majority of the people here will just use someone else's file and are hesitant to make changes. Others are willing to take the chance. It is very rewarding to us that take the chance when we see the changes as they're implemented. I know I have well over 300 hours into my unit. I took a break from it for about two months. Now you've revived my interests again. For this opportunity, I thank you.

Speed Limit stepping is in multiples of ten. Multiples of five is more appropiate for us in the US.
I am afraid that it will be not easy to manage the slider if there are a lot of point or it will be necessary to decrease the range. I do not know...

I agree it would be more difficult to manage the slider. What I did was modify the speed steps up to 75mph for US users. I'll attach it here if any members want to install in place of the file more in line with the metric based countries. The attached file will replace the speedcam_800_480.ui file located at data.zip>ui.pioneer>800-480>ui.

thanks for comments

in any case if you could send me the finished blocks of code to be inserted without destroying the main concept I do not mind to incapsulate it.

Stanislavovich - Thank you very much for taking time out for creating and allowing us the privilege to use your file. It is much appreciated.

Hi Stanislavovich,

Thanks for your work and gr8 mod!!! :D

is it possible to add digital compass to display which direction i am travelling to!! and a button on the main screen to delete the route!

is there a way to customize the zoom buttons [the 3 rectangle buttons which pops out on the main screen ], by default it takes too zoom out or too much zoom in...

you made 3d mode disappear to make direction up style.... it would be lot better if you could make it customizable to select if anybody need direction up style or want to enjoy 3D mode!!

by default i did not see current time if i select the route and click on map button... am i missing anything!!

plz don't mind, my list is long but if you could program the unit at this level then i am sure you can do much more if needed!! :wink::wink:

once again thanks for your modification... :mrgreen:

Hi Stanislavovich,

Thanks for your work and gr8 mod!!! :D

is it possible to add digital compass to display which direction i am travelling to!! and a button on the main screen to delete the route!

is there a way to customize the zoom buttons [the 3 rectangle buttons which pops out on the main screen ], by default it takes too zoom out or too much zoom in...

you made 3d mode disappear to make direction up style.... it would be lot better if you could make it customizable to select if anybody need direction up style or want to enjoy 3D mode!!

by default i did not see current time if i select the route and click on map button... am i missing anything!!

plz don't mind, my list is long but if you could program the unit at this level then i am sure you can do much more if needed!! :wink::wink:

once again thanks for your modification... :mrgreen:

I'll let him answer what he wants to change in his skin :)

Adding linear compass should be doable... I think it should be the same process as in any other mod...

Note that zooming with the volume dial is still possible (and easier than hitting onscreen buttons anyway) and that unlike stock skin, his has working SmartZoom zoom and tilt settings. You can play with it to set it to either always be 3D or to switch to 2D only when you want, and to default to reasonable zoom levels.

Like other iGO skins, this one makes more of a separation between map browsing mods and navigation mode. If you are in navigation mode, time is always there, lower left corner. When in map browse mode, the entire panel with directions, speed, time, etc. is removed to make room for map and extra controls. Hitting the Map button returns you to navigate mode and time will be there... Map browser is mostly for trip planning, setting cameras/speed bumps/etc., not for driving per se...

I've been looking through the code and I came across this:

This looks like the code for the 3 buttons you are talking about. It also looks like they use some presets that can be set by holding down the button (onlongclick?). My guess is you could manually set the zoom level you require by zooming using the knob and then hold down one of these buttons to store that zoom level as a preset. I haven't tried this as I am not by my car so I could be wrong.

hello

A couple of comments

time is shown in the left coner if there is no an active route. If a route is active, sorry, I show instead of time the destination time. it is more important for me to know the arrival time not current :)

second. in navigation screen you can switch 2d-3d by pressing the compas.

also I have changed the behavior of pushing dial during navigation from repeating last command to putting a pin.

Last version will be uploaded by BorisM soon with some bugs fixing and improvments. Thanks BorisM for helping

This looks like the code for the 3 buttons you are talking about. It also looks like they use some presets that can be set by holding down the button (onlongclick?).

those buttons appear if you push a button on the map screen on the left side. they allow you quickly to zoom the map insted of pushing back and forward the dial. With long click you can set up the corrsponding zoom for far, middle and close zoom.

in some time they disapper... click again

hello

A couple of comments

time is shown in the left coner if there is no an active route. If a route is active, sorry, I show instead of time the destination time. it is more important for me to know the arrival time not current :)

second. in navigation screen you can switch 2d-3d by pressing the compas.

also I have changed the behavior of pushing dial during navigation from repeating last command to putting a pin.

Last version will be uploaded by BorisM soon with some bugs fixing and improvments. Thanks BorisM for helping

Latest update reposted to http://depositfiles.com/files/digmdgfxz

Fixed:

1. Error message when displaying lane info

2. Clicking Camera button on Nav screen now stops beping insteado а throwing error

3. Clicking Route Functions button when there is no route present now displays a message instead of throwing error

New:

1. MSN Direct button for North American users

2. 5 Mph or KM/h step for speed cameras for NA users.

PS Jason -- could yoг update AVIC's copy? Thanks!

PPS: Megaupload was caching the old file... Here's a new link.