AVIC411.com

New Nav mod (Updated Mar 23, 2010) (Now 3.0 version)

I added a nav voice mute button and cancel route button while navigating, and tried to make it as minimal as possible when not navigating. Let me know what you think.

That would eliminate my last little complains on Yuri's mod:

- missing actual clock in top right

- buttons for cancel route and mute sound

- visual GPS signal

my thoughts:

1. About the buttons for cancel route and mute sound: i would move it to the lower right corner (horizontal)

2. The actual altitute i don't need at all...

3. Don't forget that the empty boxes on the left side (when not in navigation) show the street signs, so they are not useless in all cases.

4. I hope the boxes on the left are still transparent like in Yuri's...

• Replies 683
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say thank you for all your hard work. so ... Thank you. I have been playing with a skin for your amazing mod and have it about half way done. Once I get the second set of menus done I will post the skin here if anyone is interested.

I added a nav voice mute button and cancel route button while navigating, and tried to make it as minimal as possible when not navigating. Let me know what you think.

I posted the photoshop mock ups on here because they looking better than a camera phone picture in my truck. That is why the not navigating screen looks goofy.

[attachment=1]nav_off.jpg[/attachment]

[attachment=0]nav_on.jpg[/attachment]

looking good! like to have this, while waiting for the full 3.0

my thoughts:

1. About the buttons for cancel route and mute sound: i would move it to the lower right corner (horizontal)

2. The actual altitute i don't need at all...

3. Don't forget that the empty boxes on the left side (when not in navigation) show the street signs, so they are not useless in all cases.

4. I hope the boxes on the left are still transparent like in Yuri's...

As with my last few skins/mods you will be able to move anything around that you would like just by changing a few x and y values.

Thanks Boris, i found the screen. But so far it shows "Maneuver", "Street", "1", "2", "5", "10", "20", "30". Nothing to see about "cancel route" or "stop voice". Or was it scheduled for a future release?

Cancek Route is in the latest release (check the thread for the latest download link). Voice Mute is planned for the next one.

I think I am confused then, I did the upgrade from this thread http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25487 and I have the new bluetooth menu, quicker button respose, among other changes. Then I used Yuris data.zip and made a few changes to navigatemap_800_480.ui and added some images.

That's firmware only. To have complete 3.0 you have to have the complete apl2 folder applied also. That has the new data zip and maps.

ok i think I got it mapped out now. I was away from the site for a while and a lot has been happening. So with the full up date you can't mod yet ... is that correct? or is it just certain mods don't work because of minor change?

with the 3 you pretty much have to redo everything as it is igo 8.3 and the previous data.zip won't work with it

ok i think I got it mapped out now. I was away from the site for a while and a lot has been happening. So with the full up date you can't mod yet ... is that correct? or is it just certain mods don't work because of minor change?

Yes mods are still easy and available to do , but the ui files are just alittle different so all the mods have to be implemented over the new ui files.

Yes mods are still easy and available to do , but the ui files are just alittle different so all the mods have to be implemented over the new ui files.

not too difficult, I've spent a couple days now working on some mods... big differences in UI files, they've cleaned up the code A LOT