AVIC411.com

Pioneer site says no gracenote updates for Z3?

So I installed the firmware update and it worked flawlessly, showing 3.100400 as my version. However, the GraceNote update still won't work. Sits at the CD-ROM Inserted screen and never goes past. Has anyone else tried the update? I've burned multiple times in various formats between ISO, Joliet, and ISO/Joliet (level 1 and level 2) and at speeds as low as 4x with NO luck.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have tried hard installing the June gracenote update, but it fails. Someone here said that the gracenote files could be copied directly onto an unlocked drive, but I haven´t gotten it working.

Can anyone with a succesful update post their .INF file? (maybe that´s what it takes to get it working).

I think the Gracenote version posten on the US site is still actually an older version, and the version posted on the European site is missing one or two files so it's not being recognised, and still has not been fixed....

OK.

MAN, Pioneer is slow.. Maybe I should be glad they are still in business..

I just sent an email via the European site asking about the missing file(s) in the update.... let's see if they respond ... :wink:

If nobody complains, it seems they won't notice themselves.... :?

The file on the European site is for an upgraded/fixed Euro Z3 (I forget the model number) and it does not require the extra files for updating the gracenote database. The native Z3 models require a different method of update and it was fixed with a Z3 update. I have tired adding those files to it, adding the DB files to an older update, etc. and it still says "Failure to verify version information". Just gonna have to wait until pioneer provides the US pre-Z3 updates.

The file on the European site is for an upgraded/fixed Euro Z3 (I forget the model number) and it does not require the extra files for updating the gracenote database. The native Z3 models require a different method of update and it was fixed with a Z3 update. I have tired adding those files to it, adding the DB files to an older update, etc. and it still says "Failure to verify version information". Just gonna have to wait until pioneer provides the US pre-Z3 updates.

Don't think so.... :| That's what I have (European HD1 upgraded to HD3-II, and additionally even updated with the Gracenote fix, but it does not "see" the gracenote disc with the June '09 version....

It worked fine with the older Gracenote updates in the past, both the US and european versions (there's no difference,)....

Like I said, it's just missing the inf file.....

Yes, I think so. I believe you misunderstood my post. Mines an upgraded Z3 as well. The problem is with the native Z3 units (bought as a Z3). If you have the Euro equivalent of a Z1/2 and did the software upgrade to a Z3 the gracecnote update with the .inf and .txt will work on it and the June will not. A Z3 unit, sold as a Z3 WILL update with the provided Euro update sans the inf and txt files. A Z1/2 upgraded to a Z3 still requires the Gracenote update with the INF and TXT files.

If you have a pre-Z3 unit and update it with the Z3 gracenote fix it won't make a difference because the update is for NATIVE Z3 hardware ONLY.

Actually I think something still isn't right. I've got a native Z3 and even with the update it still just sits there saying CD-ROM inserted. I called Pioneer and their tech support was useless.

Like I said, the .inf file is missing.... :?

OK, just tried the June 09 update from the canadian Pioneer website.... That one is complete, and installed perfectly on my unit :mrgreen::mrgreen:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POCEN/Products/Navigation/AVIC-Z1+AVIC-Z2+AVIC-Z3+Gracenote+CDDB+Database+Update

That's not the June09 update...It's the January 09 update.

From the website:

Version number: 09-01-0020

Database Date: June 30, 2009