AVIC411.com

Pioneer site says no gracenote updates for Z3?

I was looking at the Z3 on the Pioneer website and it says under the Documents tab :

"The Gracenote CDDB database update is currently not compatible for the AVIC-Z3."

Does that mean that the last update that we have on there is the best we are going to have?

I have a Z1 with Garrets Z3 upgrade drive.

Thanks,

John

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know what the deal is with the Z3, but in Europe Pioneer had the same with the equivalent European version (HD3-II). Beginning of the year they supplied a software update via the website to solve the issue, so I would immagine the same thing is possible with the Z3....

See: http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/support/support/upgrade/AVICHD3II.html

I also think it was/is only a problem with "native" Z3s, not Z1/Z2 updated to Z3

• 4 weeks later...
Would the European update even work on the Z3? I'd try it but my wife will not be happy if her Z3 is hosed! :)

Somebody else tried it, and actually, if you have an updated Z1/Z2 to Z3 (which you have), then you can just use the US gracenote update, without having to update the firmware....

It seems the Gracenote prblem is only with native Z3s...

I went to the Canadian Pioneer site, and there is an update listed for the Z3 so that you can install the Gracenote CDDB update. I installed the Pioneer update and then followed up with the Gracenote update and it works like a charm. The update is said to have been made available in February. Hope this helps.

The latest(most updated) gracenote database is the one thats included in Pioneer's CNDV-800HD DVD Map upgrade Disc.

So basically, if you have a Z3, thats the most updated version.

Although they are due to release a new one for this year.

Looks like they abandoned the Z3 series updates.

The latest(most updated) gracenote database is the one thats included in Pioneer's CNDV-800HD DVD Map upgrade Disc.

So basically, if you have a Z3, thats the most updated version.

Although they are due to release a new one for this year.

Looks like they abandoned the Z3 series updates.

Latest Gracenote update on the European site is June 2009....

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/content/support/support/upgrade/AVICHD1BT.html