AVIC411.com

Pioneer site says no gracenote updates for Z3?

OK, just tried the June 09 update from the canadian Pioneer website.... That one is complete, and installed perfectly on my unit :mrgreen::mrgreen:

http://www.pioneerelectronics.ca/POCEN/Products/Navigation/AVIC-Z1+AVIC-Z2+AVIC-Z3+Gracenote+CDDB+Database+Update

Is this on a native Z3 or and unlocked/upgraded Z1/Z2?

It's on a HD1 ugraded to HD3-II level, equivalent to a Z1 upgraded to Z3 ....

(with the HDD Firmware Update to Version 3.100400 )

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That sounds like a writing program issue. What program did you use to write the info?

I'm using CDBurnerXP - burning in mode 1. I've tried ISO, Joliet, ISO/Joliet. The patch itself installed fine, all of the gracenote cd's I've burned just sit there.

Try the canadian one I mentioned in my previous post ? The European one in incomplete, it's not going to work !

After updating to the canadian update, my unit says Gracenote database is 2009-1-20. Is this correct? So the June update has january data? What should it read when updated with the correct database?

I will for sure check out the European site now:)

After updating to the canadian update, my unit says Gracenote database is 2009-1-20. Is this correct? So the June update has january data? What should it read when updated with the correct database?

Yes, I think that's correct... bit of confusion with release date and database date.... Latest release is June '09, with apparently the Jan.09 database....

Yes, I think that's correct... bit of confusion with release date and database date.... Latest release is June '09, with apparently the Jan.09 database....

That's what I've been trying to tell you guys :D

• 1 month later...

I just tried to install this update, and it failed; it gave a non-descript error message and just failed.

"There was an error and the update failed"

This happened on TWO different Gracenote updates--the first one was the 8-1-08 upate and the second one was this update.

Each one started out just fine . . . I was prompted to perform the update, and it started and when it reached around 25% on the 8-1-08 update, it failed, while the update failed at less than 10% on the 6-30-09 update.

Anybody got any ideas as to what might be happening?

Thanks in advance!

Exaclty what unit with what software firmware gracenote are you updating from and what files with what size are on your update cds?

I have a Z1, upgraded to a Z2 and then to a Z3, through the kindness of board members who provided their images.

I tried using the download from the link provided in this thread, but it was from the Canadian site, so I went to the US site, searched and found the download for the US (which appears to be the same), and tried it as well.

No bueno on either one.

Everything works fine on the unit; today is the first time I've visited this site in months, and saw there was a new update, so that's why I tried to install it, it just refuses to install.

Have you tried manually copying the files onto your hard drive? I couldn´t get the update to install with a cd. But when I copied the files to hard drive it worked. It sounds strange that it would begin updating and not finish (makes me think there is something wrong with your update files).

If it starts, but doesn't finish, it would seem to indicate a problem with your CD...

Make sure you burn the CD at the lowest possible speed, and preferably NOT using windows, but some 3rd party burning software like Nero....

Also, some makes of writable CD seem to work better then others, so you could also try another make....

• 2 weeks later...