AVIC411.com

OBDII/Dash/Car stats / possible programs?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

To those of you who were intested in using my Standback HUD software (video links earlier in topic) to control their Standback tuners in their cars, I have an F500BT OS image you can now update your unit with which will include all the necessary software updates to use it (drivers/.NET CF2.0/Software).

See my last post here for info on what all I had to do to get it working:

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25385

How do you connect the F500BT to the Standback unit? What sort of connection do we need to find for those of us who do not have a Mazda or BMW?

It connects via USB. So far this only works for Standback units since I wrote the standback software, I had the code to modify to make it work for these WinCE units. If we had a USB to CAN cable for which we could find WinCE drivers, I could probably modify my software to use it instead of the Standback hardware.

It connects via USB. So far this only works for Standback units since I wrote the standback software, I had to code to modify to make it work for these WinCE units. If we had a USB to CAN cable for which we could find WinCE drivers, I could probably modify my software to use it instead of the Standback hardware.

I know the ElmScan.Net software I use with my OBDLink scan tool has their source on their website. Since it's basically a glorified FTDI 232 (I forget if it's a 232R or 2232H) you can probably use their ARM driver (see http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm) to add support to some of these scan tools.

Just a thought. :)

It connects via USB. So far this only works for Standback units since I wrote the standback software, I had to code to modify to make it work for these WinCE units. If we had a USB to CAN cable for which we could find WinCE drivers, I could probably modify my software to use it instead of the Standback hardware.

I know the ElmScan.Net software I use with my OBDLink scan tool has their source on their website. Since it's basically a glorified FTDI 232 (I forget if it's a 232R or 2232H) you can probably use their ARM driver (see http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/D2XX.htm) to add support to some of these scan tools.

Just a thought. :)

The Standback uses the same driver, so it'd only require a unique id inserted in the registry so it matches the device to that same driver. BUT, that won't tell us the api for unit it's self. Just because we have a channel to speak on doesn't mean we know what command structures it expects to ask for data from the device. That's the hard one. I think I summarized that one above somewhere as well. That's the hard part to get a hold of.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Guys, I'm Hamish from EvoScan. My WindowsCE 4.2/5.0/PPC/WM5/6/7 (netcf2) software is being extended to cover more screen resolutions and more gauges and more vehicles for datalogging. I'm keen to work with you guys to get it working for the AVIC devices.. This seems like a cool project. Anyone got a spare AVIC device I can borrow to set it all up?

Hi Guys, I'm Hamish from EvoScan. My WindowsCE 4.2/5.0/PPC/WM5/6/7 (netcf2) software is being extended to cover more screen resolutions and more gauges and more vehicles for datalogging. I'm keen to work with you guys to get it working for the AVIC devices.. This seems like a cool project. Anyone got a spare AVIC device I can borrow to set it all up?

That would be great!!!

Now i hate that i am from Europe so you can`t test it on my device :(

Well, I wrote the avic-modder that you can use to mod the AVIC's OS, or I can just do any modifications you'd like for you. I also have experience getting another engine management/OBDII logger app running and successfully communicating via the AVIC's usb port. I'll help any way I can. I don't have a unit for you though, sorry. Wife's already mad about how often I have the thing connected to my PC verses being in the car "where it belongs". :)

Wife's already mad about how often I have the thing connected to my PC verses being in the car "where it belongs". :)

How and why do you have your avic hooked up to your PC?

I develop the software for the avic on my pc and debug via usb on the avic.

Sorry, I am confused, how do you power the Avic when it is hooked up to your PC? Do you physically move the Avic to your PC or just use an emulator? I tried using emulators, but could not find any that work properly with 3.0