AVIC411.com

New Pioneer map/software update

I saw that Pioneer has released a new map and software update (cnsd-100fm) for the F900 on their european website, which among other features seems to have fixed to 2D head up problem.

Does any one know if this is the long awaited "3.0 update", or just a minor fix to the existing software?

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw that Pioneer has released a new map and software update (cnsd-100fm) for the F900 on their european website, which among other features seems to have fixed to 2D head up problem.

Does any one know if this is the long awaited "3.0 update", or just a minor fix to the existing software?

Do you have a link?

Confirmed :

The SD card also contains new software features, including:

• Highway signboard navigation

• Improved contrast on display

• Heading-up in 2D mode

• Faster touch panel response

It's the 3.0 With iGO 8.3 (signboards)

Confirmed :

The SD card also contains new software features, including:

• Highway signboard navigation

• Improved contrast on display

• Heading-up in 2D mode

• Faster touch panel response

It's the 3.0 With iGO 8.3 (signboards)

Are you sure this is the new firmware update 3.0 and igo 8.3 with the 2009.02 maps because this are the newest tele atlas maps at the moment :?::wink:

This is not 3.0 as there are only a few "nice to haves" included not a single real bug.

IGO 8.3 uses Navteq maps not Teleatlas anymore.

Hotline is closed for the day over here in Europe, maybe one of the US guys can shed light on this.

See you

Jörg

This is not 3.0 as there are only a few "nice to haves" included not a single real bug.

IGO 8.3 uses Navteq maps not Teleatlas anymore.

Hotline is closed for the day over here in Europe, maybe one of the US guys can shed light on this.

See you

Jörg

8.3 can use both Navteq and TeleAtlas. Signboard navigation and track-up in 2D are definitive indicators of iGO 8.3 though.

Hmmm,

I wonder if you're going to have to purchase a sd card to do the 3.0 update due to it now being free. Also, I wonder if it's encrypted in a way so you can't copy it. It would make some sense for them to do that since they supposedly will be charging for the update.