AVIC411.com

New Pioneer map/software update

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i called pioneer yesterday and the guy said he had heard nothing about an update for the US versions of the avic

Very strange there is no link on the Pioneer US website to "CNSD-100FM Map and Operating Software Update for the AVIC-F700BT and AVIC-F900BT" as there is on the Pioneer EU website :?:

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/38/301/CNSD-100FM/specs.html

i called pioneer yesterday and the guy said he had heard nothing about an update for the US versions of the avic

Very strange there is no link on the Pioneer US website to "CNSD-100FM Map and Operating Software Update for the AVIC-F700BT and AVIC-F900BT" as there is on the Pioneer EU website :?:

http://www.pioneer.eu/eur/products/25/38/301/CNSD-100FM/specs.html

I wouldn't be too worried about the missing link, you have the roadshow next weekend and the updates are in Europe not available before beginning of July. Maybe Pioneer in the US just make one step after the other and avoid thousands of phonecalls to their hotlines for a product that is not for sale yet.

Should be there next week or so

Jörg

if they really fix the 2D head up and some minor things like SD card song memory or cutting off last couple of seconds of each song then I would really not complayin at all. I can even bare to wait for load up.

The 2D head up was a big big big mistake they did. I assume only idiots can use 2D Up North, its impossilbe to navigate on the map if you are on a HWY or need to do fast decision, or I'm taht stupid that I cannot understand it :D that probably I'm but I would greatly appreciate that fix along those small 2 another concers.

The reason most of us are here comes from the same attitude: Everything has to be cheaper, so companys outscource whatever they can. So did Pioneer with the programmng of the AVIC. Unfortunately a Chinese or Indian programmer who has never had a car, not to speak about a navi unit, would never be able to program a system that meets the requirements of industralized coutries in Europe and the US.

Thats truth as its written. And its a big mistage of managers to do development or at least project management to those countries. They dont care about that and have no idea what is important to get. and because of that we get a 2D North UP systems :D

Its just sad that pioneer a company with so much reputation does not care about it as it did before.

The reason most of us are here comes from the same attitude: Everything has to be cheaper, so companys outscource whatever they can. So did Pioneer with the programmng of the AVIC. Unfortunately a Chinese or Indian programmer who has never had a car, not to speak about a navi unit, would never be able to program a system that meets the requirements of industralized coutries in Europe and the US.

Thats truth as its written. And its a big mistage of managers to do development or at least project management to those countries. They dont care about that and have no idea what is important to get. and because of that we get a 2D North UP systems :D

Its just sad that pioneer a company with so much reputation does not care about it as it did before.

Of course the navigation part was written in Europe, and iGO is probably the most popular navigation software in the world (top 3 definitely)... and they never designed 2D mode to be used for anything other than route overview. That's why there is a setting to switch to auto-magnified 3D when nearing a maneuver...

Of course the navigation part was written in Europe, and iGO is probably the most popular navigation software in the world (top 3 definitely)... and they never designed 2D mode to be used for anything other than route overview. That's why there is a setting to switch to auto-magnified 3D when nearing a maneuver...

To be honest: North up is not really an issue for me personally, over here in Germany we call direction up the "Ladies setting" as mostly women turn maps direction up and have problems with left and right on north up. I don't want to offend anybody, but that's a fact which was set way back in the evolution. I would go crazy if the Map would turn around all the time and I would loose orientation, that is whiy all papermaps in the world are north up.

My major issue is the telephone pop up which blocks the system so you have no chance to tell the person calling your eta or enter a new destination given to you over the phone

RE: Feature and Specification|B00002|2105559876 [#1252276]â€

Sent: Tue 6/09/09 5:34 PM

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc. Update map is scheduled to release this fall.

Thank You,

Kathy

Customer Service Representative

--Original Message--From: dirtysouthryd3r@hotmail.com

Date: 06/07/09

To: customer.support@pioneerservice.com

Subject: Feature and Specification|B00002|2105559876[#1252276] Email:dirtysouthryd3r@hotmail.com

Inquiry Type:Feature and Specificationlst

Publishers:0002lst

Titles:B00002-Car Products-Navigation

Inquiry:i was just wondering, i've heard many rumors of a firmware 3.0 update for avic-f700bt series as well as the other avic-f series nav systems. Is there any clue on when this will be coming out and if this will have up-to-date maps. I have 2008 maps, but they do not even include my house which is in a new subdivison on the map. Road doesn't exist on the maps

According to Kathy at customer service update is coming out in the FALL :D

lol customer service is always the last to know. I don't know about Pioneer, but alot of those customer service centers are overseas in India and stuff. That's like emailing Apple's help line before WWDC and asking them about how much the new iPhone was gonna be... no way they are gonna know! :wink:

To: dirtysouthryd3r@hotmail.com

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc. Update map is scheduled to release this fall.

Thank You,

Kathy

Infos i got from Pioneer today:

The Update will be available in July

It will be a customized IGO 8.3

They are working on a further Firmware update but no ETA yet

Jörg

This fall or juli :?:

To: dirtysouthryd3r@hotmail.com

Thank You,

Kathy

Infos i got from Pioneer today:

The Update will be available in July

It will be a customized IGO 8.3

They are working on a further Firmware update but no ETA yet

Jörg

This fall or juli :?:

I was told July, but that's for Europe

Here is what a rep told me through email;

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Scheduled to release late Summer, early Fall.

Thank You,

Kathy

--Original Message--

Date: 06/09/09

Subject: Feature and Specification|A00001|2142936585[#1252747]

Inquiry Type:Feature and Specification

lstPublishers:0002

lstTitles:A00001

Inquiry:Are there any plans on releasing a 3.0 update for the F90bt series dvd navigation radio? The software is very bugging and cuts off the last 2seconds when playing songs from the sd card. Also a rep informed me that the map update would be released this summer, is this true>

Here is what a rep told me through email;

Thank you for contacting Pioneer Electronics, Inc.

Scheduled to release late Summer, early Fall.

Thank You,

Kathy

--Original Message--

Date: 06/09/09

Subject: Feature and Specification|A00001|2142936585[#1252747]

Inquiry Type:Feature and Specification

lstPublishers:0002

lstTitles:A00001

Inquiry:Are there any plans on releasing a 3.0 update for the F90bt series dvd navigation radio? The software is very bugging and cuts off the last 2seconds when playing songs from the sd card. Also a rep informed me that the map update would be released this summer, is this true>

Typical Pioneer answer: Does she talk about 3.0 or the Map update? I'm sure it's the Map update so we still have no info about 3.0