AVIC411.com

Microphone F90BT

Hey guys,

before i get this installed i want to make sure the bluetooth gives me no problems due to the mic.

Can anybody with experience or good sources confirm a nice place to place the microphone so that its not too out there but at the same time doesn't become a hassle.

I'm getting it professionally installed and I've seen some people install it as part of the dash, or where the mphs are, so that its not too visible, but i'm scared that this will just make it harder to replace or move around in case i ever have problems with it. On top of that im scared that installation in such places will only lead to more chances of them messing up, even though its one of the most respectable around Boston. On the other hand, I dunno if i want it too visible like clipped at the tip of the ceiling near the windshield like some people have it.

Any advice?

Thanks.

Daughter had hers installed with the wire running up the "A" pillar, and clipped on to the sun visor. I installed mine in the dash - right between the passenger and driver.

I feel I've got to speak up to be heard clearly, but no-one has ever complained about problems hearing me.

In my G35, I've got it right next to the "reset trip" button/stick. The wire is completely tucked inside the steering column to the center console. Very slick and I haven't had complaints. The GPS antenna works fine under the plastic of the dash. No metal above = fine GPS reception, plastic above = 100% stealth.

• 3 weeks later...

very helpful guys but im scared i'll have to keep turning my face to the left when i speak if the mic is going to be on a pillar. Usually my face faces the dash but im scared if the guy has to drill holes to get it there, it might just cause more problems.

Like the photo above, I mounted mine with the wire coming up the A pillar, and then mounted it on the sun visor with the supplied clip. works great. only issue is when I put the visor down, but for me, thats about 5-10 times a year it seems, so no big deal.

Wheres the wire coming from? Where did you drill to make place for the mic to come from inside the back of the avic, to the front?

Here's how the wire is run:

From the radio plug > back behind my dash > pulled tight, the wire runs under my steering column (my steering wheel is height-adjustable -- so I angled it all the way down, ran the wire behind the column, then put it back in normal driving position) > microphone in front of gauge cluster.

Your dash is most likely not totally solid all the way forward to your engine bay. There are plenty of openings through which you can run your mic, WITHOUT having to drill any holes. A good way to demonstrate this is by laying down with your door opened, and look up through the driver's side footwell. When you remove the radio, you should be able to feed a wire down behind your dash, through the driver's side footwell.Then, it's just a matter of making sure the wire looks neat, and is out of the way, so as to not cause a potentially dangerous foot/pedal-tangling situation.

Like the photo above, I mounted mine with the wire coming up the A pillar, and then mounted it on the sun visor with the supplied clip. works great. only issue is when I put the visor down, but for me, thats about 5-10 times a year it seems, so no big deal.

+1