AVIC411.com

Backup camera recommendations please...

My ND-BC2 just died over the weekend so I'm looking for a replacement. I would like to find something in color, with low light capability, that mounts to the license plate. I would like it to have a secure mount or low profile so that it doesn't get ripped off when going through car washes.

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

i almost bought that camera too until i saw how much the price is. I cant imagine what in the world that camera can do that less expensive cameras will do. I have a z1 upgraded to a z3 and bought a audiovox camera for $99 at best buy. (actually i got it for $79 as they were able to match circuit city's price when they were still around)

This camera works great and have never had any trouble. I drive an '04 GMC Yukon so Best buy mounted the camera inside the vehicle rather than outside as i'm able to have a wider view when backing up. We tested it both outside and inside and it made a difference.

Hope this helps u in your decision

Jamie

Thanks for the camera recommendation garret... I've been trying to find a good camera for a long time and I really like the reviews and the look of this one. I have the same problem you do with my 4Runner: inside mounting is not an option and I'd like to see my tow hitch. This looks like one slick piece of hardware... I have to wonder though wouldn't it be easily stolen if someone had the right size wrench?? What are your thoughts on that?

I have to wonder though wouldn't it be easily stolen if someone had the right size wrench?? What are your thoughts on that?

I have it bolted with 4 bolts and locknuts. It would take someone awhile to unbolt it. It's also fairly camoflaged unless you know exactly what your looking for.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the old camera fixed. It seems that the wire harness didn't like getting smacked around by the brushes in the automatic carwash tunnels. Doesn't matter now though. Truck was broken into at the mall today and AVIC is gone. Good thing I have insurance...I smell a 110BT in my future!

• 2 months later...