AVIC411.com

skip warning and nag for AVIC F900BT 4.001000 update

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey guys. Thanks for ur hard work getting these fixes together. I finally got around to copying them to my f90 but since I did, the main menu settings button doesn't work. It lights up when pressed but doesn't load the settings screen. I have daftia's mod installed already, but no other changes. Also I noticed the images on the av screen are incorrect. For example, when on fm, it shows the iPod image at the top left (even though the source screen has them all correct) and the wrong time (correct time is shown when on a map though). Anybody have an idea how I could fix it?

Another thing to mention, the sd card I backed up to isn't reading at all, so I guess I don't have the original files to swap back in....

Hey guys. Thanks for ur hard work getting these fixes together. I finally got around to copying them to my f90 but since I did, the main menu settings button doesn't work. It lights up when pressed but doesn't load the settings screen. I have daftia's mod installed already, but no other changes. Also I noticed the images on the av screen are incorrect. For example, when on fm, it shows the iPod image at the top left (even though the source screen has them all correct) and the wrong time (correct time is shown when on a map though). Anybody have an idea how I could fix it?

Another thing to mention, the sd card I backed up to isn't reading at all, so I guess I don't have the original files to swap back in....

You didn't mention what FW you have on your AVIC. Please note that there are files for FW 3.01xxx and FW 4.01xxx in the first post.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, ive searched around the forum and it seems this is the topic to post my issue. I am also having issues with my music playback. The music will play in any screen but the map screen and sometimes the list display page. I thought it was my SD card, but playback from my USB flash drive is the same. Both of these medias worked before. I have less than 1000 songs in either and the unit will play the songs, but there will be a long delay if playing on the map screen and skip (using the knob) will not work unless i press the Menu key. While being on the Destinations/Contacts/Audio Source screen, music playback is perfect, but that defeats the point of my GPS (btw this is F900BT). For months, i had the unit upgraded with the FX3.1 software. No theme mods or anything else. Then, i saw the new 4.x software and upgraded. Still no problems for about 3-4 weeks. I then started having problems, so I thought it was time to clean house and also update my maps again. So i changed to the MB-IDT3.0-4_Rev_c theme, installed the TA 2011.Q1 maps (only half of course since the damn flashdisk is too small) and reloaded the files in the first post for 4.x. Still same issue. Cant play music and see my map at the same time...might as well use my iPhone4 which can do both....So, are there any suggestions? Should i go back to FX3.1 and give up on 4.x for now? I hate going backwards (except when Windows ME came out, POS). If you need any info, or if you need a video of what im describing (before i throw something at my unit due to the frustration) let me know.

I am not experiencing the issues that kwistofoo is mentioning. Time is displayed correctly and all icons seem to be correctly represented.

Thanks in Advance

Well don't know what's wrong exactly, but one thing for sure, as many members have expressed, FW 4.0 has no apparent difference when comparing to FX 3.0, so I guess you lose nothing by downgrading if this fixes your issue.

Otherwise, I would suggest going back to stock or a simpler mod and see if there is still issue, and then add things gradually to iron out the culprit ... this nag msg hack should be the last thing to add!

Just my two cents ... :-P

Good lucks!

• 2 months later...

Hello,

Thanks for the great job, as always.

I got a problem with AVIC_F900BT_4001000_fixpack1.rar

the problem is my Setting menu does not work at all. I click on button, and nothing happened.

Just while typing this message I realized I am running 3.020200 but installed 4.010200 version. Is it the root of the problem?

Will go check right now.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...