AVIC411.com

skip warning and nag for AVIC F900BT 4.001000 update

I just found out that the following issues are also related to the Nag Msg hack. Try this with your setup:

1) Menu->Settings->System Settings->Sys Info (Debug Mode Settings)->Return Key->Phone Menu or Contacts List ... not supposed to ...

With 1) performed, continue on 2) below ...

2) Map->Settings Icon (Navi Settings)->Return Key->Debug Mode Settings ... not supposed to ...

3) Menu->Destination->Route Functions->Load Route->Simulate: now pressing either STOP or CANCEL ROUTE will return to the Nav Settings screen, while it supposes to return to the map.

Is carver still around :?:

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is UC or EW ?

UC == US and Canada, EW == Europe. There is a need to differentiate the model SKUs of each AVIC meant for different markets since each has different tuner features unique to that market (like TMC in EW, MSN Direct in UC).

What is UC or EW ?

UC == US and Canada, EW == Europe. There is a need to differentiate the model SKUs of each AVIC meant for different markets since each has different tuner features unique to that market (like TMC in EW, MSN Direct in UC).

Does this mean that if I have a UC X710BT model without the MSN Direct, I can use the FW 3.0202 from the its european counterpart?

Thanks.

What is UC or EW ?

Does this mean that if I have a UC X710BT model without the MSN Direct, I can use the FW 3.0202 from the its european counterpart?

Thanks.

I wouldn't recommended it, since the Euro FM tuners use different steps in frequency than the US/Canada counterpart. You might also end up sending the uCOM (the ASIC on the AV board) commands that are incompatible with the US AV board (there are resistor straps on the board that the uCOM uses to determine what type of board it's soldered to).

FourG, it seems that you are very knowledgeable ...

The AM/FM tuners problem, if any, can be identified very quickly. Regarding the uCOM, are you refering to the commands send for video display or anything (fps)?

What is UC or EW ?

So i must replace these 3 files and I'm done?

FourG, it seems that you are very knowledgeable ...

The AM/FM tuners problem, if any, can be identified very quickly. Regarding the uCOM, are you refering to the commands send for video display or anything (fps)?

uCOM is kind of the "brains" of the AV board, it acts on behalf of the Navi to control most things in the system not directly related to navigation or SD/USB audio sources (handles volume control, audio source selection amongst FM/AM/IPBus/iPod/Navi, as well as some power and reset behavior). If you do a search for the F-Series Service Manual in this forum, the appendix in the back has a bunch of block diagrams and schematics that lay it all out pretty well.

Are people still experiencing errors with this mod? I want to install it but am unsure about the issues that can result from it. Will this also get rid of the navi warning that pops up when doing like 80 on the highway?

1, I haven't had any problems with it, and I really like it!

2, I doubt it, that should be in your settings.

So I just read all 11 pages of this thread, and I still don't know what to do. Today I installed the Pioneer update to take my unit from 2.0 to like 2.00008 on my US F90BT, which was simply dropping in the SD card and it installed everything on it's own.

I can download this .rar file from the 1st post, but then what the heck do it do with it? Is there an actual STEP-BY-STEP of how do to this that can be added to the 1st post for true newbies like myself who come here looking for specific how-to's? Everything from a link as to where to get the software to get into the stereo, how and where to install it on the SD, when to install the SD into the stereo, where to move the old files (I assume we wanna save them for just in case) before we install the new files, etc...a true step-by-step.

Reading over these forums, it seems like a buy of people that either have a complete clue as to what they're doing, or guys like myself who come here hoping for a simple fix, but instead get confused w/ a bunch of guys talking code in their sleep ;)

EDIT - This is a PERFECT example of what I'm talking about. If anyone can copy and paste the information into this thread to make it apply for the Nag Screen, that would be awesome. Also, I have yet so see if anyone mentioned if this worked on an F90BT.

Step by step instructions.

Please Note: I assume no responsibility if you brick your unit. Following these instructions is at your own risk and peril.

I've made this as straightforward as I can, assuming a limited knowledge of computers, but really, if you don't know at all what you're doing, you probably shouldn't be doing this.

1. Get the testmode files from This Post.

2. Unzip that and copy the Testmode and MiTACAP folders onto an SD card

3. Grab the silence.wav file from the top of this thread

4. Make 4 copies of silence.wav and rename them so you have four files which are all silence, named: PSG1Hi.wav PSG1Low.wav PSG2Hi.wav PSG2Low.wav

5. Copy those files onto the SD card

6. Put the SD card into the Fxxx headunit and turn it on.

7. It will boot to test mode, with some info about copying stuff. Wait a few seconds then tap the X in the top right corner to get rid of that window.

8. You should now have a windows Start button in the lower left corner.

9. Use the Start menu to open windows Explorer. Do this twice so you have two Explorer windows going.

10. On one explorer window, navigate to My Flash Drive, Data, Sounds. You'll see 6 or 7 sound files in there. I *strongly* urge you to back them up.

11. On the other explorer window, navigate to the SD Card and find your four wav files.

12. Tap a wav file, tap the 'Edit' menu, tap 'Copy'.

13. Go back to the other explorer window, tap the 'Edit' menu, tap 'Paste'

14. Repeat for each file.

15. When done, just close the two explorer windows, then turn off the car.

16. Wait a few seconds, remove the SD card, and turn the car back on. Poke around in the AV menus, there should be no more keybeeps.