AVIC411.com

I've had inconsistent results with my F90BT and iPhone 3GS (32gb). Previously, I was successfully using a Touch 2G with the video cable provided with the F90BT. No problems playing audio, video, or charging.

Since switching to the 3GS, charging has stopped working and like others have reported, I get the airplane mode warning (which I just ignore.) I have not had issues with video, audio or bluetooth that I know of.

I bought the Scosche charging adapter and at first was happy that charging appeared to work. I was disappointed that the accessory warning still appeared but I understand now that this is a separate issue.

However, all is not well with the Scosche adapter and Pioneer. My wife started to report that when she was driving, she couldn't get the phone to charge. It was like the adapter wasn't even plugged in. We played around with it for a couple weeks and found that at least 50% of the time, the phone would not charge. I took a look at Scosche's support page, and as it turns out, the pioneer cables are NOT supported. Bummer! I also took a look at Griffin's support page since they have a similar device, and again Pioneer cables were called out specifically as not working.

I'm sending the Scosche back to Amazon and will be trying out a CableJive +USB Charge Converter. CableJive actually has a kit made specifically for the Pioneer cables that includes the +USB Charge Converter, but since I had a mini USB car charger, I opted for the just the converter. I assume this solution is similar to another poster's comment about using a Y-Splitter and injecting power via a usb car charger.

Hopefully this solves the problem. I'll play around with video and audio some more once this comes in.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Desh, certainly let us know how you fair.

I looked and as far as i can tell my 3gs is NOT charging when plugged in using the CD-IU230V to the F700BT. At least not consistently. At one point i noticed it showed the charging screen (and no airplane mode message) and it seemed to be charging. However, at this point it would not play audio/video.

I don't really see myself using the iPhone with the AVIC much as my iPod has a lot more space (and it works consistently!). But i would like to help others solve this issue.

• 1 month later...

My CD-IU230V has arrived, cant wait to try it on my F900/3GS setup tonight. I'll be back with results!

PS. Apple USB cable charges great with the Pioneer USB-port (and speaks with the F900 nice, but there is of course no audio/video without the CD-IU230V). I get the "flight mode question" too but if I simply ignore it it'll go away in a few seconds without actiually entering flight mode).

Great, now I'm confused. I have the Pioneer IU230V cable currently running with my iPod, but am having issues with the right channel cutting out frequently. I was just headed out to pick up a new cable, but I might have to wait. Apple is going to be updating their iPod lineup early next month, and I was planning on picking up a new touch (as long as a 64gb version is released) which is rumored to be running the same software as the iPhone 3GS. Again, these are all just rumors coming out of the iPod community right now, but if I am reading this thread correctly, the iPhone 3GS is only working with the Pioneer IU230V cable, so it would be safe to assume that if the new iPod Touch was running 3GS software, I would run into the same problem?

Great, now I'm confused. I have the Pioneer IU230V cable currently running with my iPod, but am having issues with the right channel cutting out frequently. I was just headed out to pick up a new cable, but I might have to wait. Apple is going to be updating their iPod lineup early next month, and I was planning on picking up a new touch (as long as a 64gb version is released) which is rumored to be running the same software as the iPhone 3GS. Again, these are all just rumors coming out of the iPod community right now, but if I am reading this thread correctly, the iPhone 3GS is only working with the Pioneer IU230V cable, so it would be safe to assume that if the new iPod Touch was running 3GS software, I would run into the same problem?

Are you using the F90 or the F700?

the results seem to be inconclusive.

How to play MKV files on iPhone 3G S?

With high definition video quality, MKV has become one of the most popular video formats online. Movie fans are strongly willing to download movies in this format as their private collection. But meanwhile, these people definitely have found that the MKV files they downloaded online, which cost much waiting time while downloading, can not be recognized by almost all portable devices. Have you ever been in this dilemma? Are you frustrating?

I still remembered how cheerful I was when I got iPhone 3G S soon after Apple first released it, and how depressed I was when I added MKV movies to it via iTunes on my Mac but it did not work. After that, I was thirsty for finding out a video converter for Mac to solve my problem. Fortunately, I found a freeware called Videora iPhone 3G S Converter on Google by chance. This software is available for both Mac and Windows, and can convert my MKV files to iPhone

3G S supported video formats basically, so that I can play the resulting movies that originate from my MKV files on iPhone 3G S successfully. By the way, once the conversion is completed, the video will be automatically added to iTunes. What I should do next is simply sync my iPhone 3G S with iTunes. So it is really dead easy to use.

Have a look at the following picture; it is the main interface of Videora iPhone 3G S Converter, which shows you what to do if you are a first time user. Just go along with it, you will finish converting MKV files with ease, because every after interface has very detailed instruction to guide you like this.

how-to-play-mkv-on-iphone-3g_clip_image001_0000.jpg

However, as we all know, freeware usually can only meet some basic requirements of video converting; therefore, with the pursuit of more excellent converting quality and much higher converting speed, I am still trying to search for a more satisfactory converter for my iPhone 3G S all the time, even it need payment.

After purchasing and trying several converters, finally I meet a nice video converter for Mac, which has a unique function that many other converters don't have--it gives a "time remaining" estimate when converting, and avoid guessing how long time it will take, so that I needn’t be extremely frustrating while waiting for the unknown converting time. And the fact has been proved that its estimated time is nearly the same with the actual time.

Compare to the above mentioned Videora iPhone 3G S Converter, this software has much better converted quality and much higher speed. Moreover, it also does not have the audio-video out of sync issues, which problem many other converters have. I confess that I have not used the editing feature yet, but, in keeping with the rest of its superior performance, I'm sure the editing feature is excellent.

All in all, these two video converters for Mac have helped me a lot to enjoy MKV movies on my iPhone 3G S. Thanks to this point, I write this article to show my gratitude to them, and also share them with people who have no idea with how to play MKV files on iPhone 3G S.

• 8 months later...

I've got a new twist on this.

I have the F900 and a generic version of the Pioneer cable, that I finally got around to installing this weekend. My wife and I both have the 3GS, hers white, mine black, that is the only diff, they are both 32Gig. So I plug mine in and it does the plane thing, won't charge but works fine other than that, all music, video even internet streaming audio works perfectly. My wife plugs hers in and it WILL charge hers, in fact it added 2% just sitting there testing for less than a song!

Only hardware diff between our iPhones is the model numbers, it seems the white one is a little newer(based on the numbering) than my black one, even though I got mine much later than she did.

Any thoughts?

i have a 900bt and an iphone 3g. i have ver 1.0 on the avic and 3.1.2 on my iphone i am using the officale apple cable and i can use everything fine sound, charges,control from screen. but i cant get it to play any video. i think i have it conected right. but idk. the video is under aux 2 is that right? i dont see any other video inputs.

i have a 900bt and an iphone 3g. i have ver 1.0 on the avic and 3.1.2 on my iphone i am using the officale apple cable and i can use everything fine sound, charges,control from screen. but i cant get it to play any video. i think i have it conected right. but idk. the video is under aux 2 is that right? i dont see any other video inputs.

incorrect, you need to have it plugged into the rear RCA jacks, and they're AV1, and that needs to be set to Ipod.