AVIC411.com

Won't boot- Black Screen I tried everything

Well. Add me onto the boat as well. I tried doing a full backup, but once i deleted all the old files to put the fresh ones in, it said that the fresh complete backup took up too much space and the flash disk didnt have that space. I mean, i deleted everything...it must be the corrupted files that caused my unit to reboot constantly that is taking up all that phantom space. The unit will turn on, go to the splash screen then go black and all the buttons will switch off. I tried booting into testmode but it wont get past the first few seconds of testmode before it goes black. Hell, it wont even install the 2.0 update.

(quick question, when it's updating, it tells you right? Doesnt just go to the black screen?)

In anycase, i guess theres nothing left to do but send it back to pioneer...again for the second time (the first was for a faulty touch screen controller).

I'm so tired of this crap...two times back to pioneer. I've spent more time trying to fix and send this thing off to warranty repair than actually using it. The 30 day return to 6th avenue expired the day this thing went to hell the second time. I wish i could ask pioneer to just give me credit towards the purchase of another navi rather than send me back this POS that will break again.

Well. Add me onto the boat as well. I tried doing a full backup, but once i deleted all the old files to put the fresh ones in, it said that the fresh complete backup took up too much space and the flash disk didnt have that space. I mean, i deleted everything...it must be the corrupted files that caused my unit to reboot constantly that is taking up all that phantom space. The unit will turn on, go to the splash screen then go black and all the buttons will switch off. I tried booting into testmode but it wont get past the first few seconds of testmode before it goes black. Hell, it wont even install the 2.0 update.

(quick question, when it's updating, it tells you right? Doesnt just go to the black screen?)

In anycase, i guess theres nothing left to do but send it back to pioneer...again for the second time (the first was for a faulty touch screen controller).

I'm so tired of this crap...two times back to pioneer. I've spent more time trying to fix and send this thing off to warranty repair than actually using it. The 30 day return to 6th avenue expired the day this thing went to hell the second time. I wish i could ask pioneer to just give me credit towards the purchase of another navi rather than send me back this POS that will break again.

Mine said the same thing about the flash disk not having enough space to copy the backup files, which is why I unmounted and reformated/repartioned the flash disk. After that, I tried copying again, and all was good.

Mine said the same thing about the flash disk not having enough space to copy the backup files, which is why I unmounted and reformated/repartioned the flash disk. After that, I tried copying again, and all was good.

How do you unmount the flash disk?

I just wish i could get into testmode and see what ya all are seeing and possibly fix mine. But i cant even do that.

What have you tried so far? Did you disconnect battery terminals yet?

I disconnected the main harness from the radio (which results in samething of battery terminal disconnect)

I tried everything in the first post...

hard resets

2.0 firmware update

testmode dont work

How do you unmount the flash disk?

There is something in the control panel, I don't remember off the top of my head, but it is something that manages the disks. You can't format/repartition unless you unmount it. Then after its unmounted, you can delete it, then recreate it and repartition it. Make sure you do the 1.xxGB one, and not any of the other ones.

Don't tell them you bought if from Ebay, tell them you got it as a gift, they should come with a 1 year warranty if you buy it from an Authorized dealer. But if you tell them ebay they'll say no. Just hope it hasent been a year since it was sold to the Ebay seller...