AVIC411.com

Where do you mount the HD radio adapter?

where ever they fit as every vehicle is different

i try to put stuff where it is easily accessible incase there is a problem that needs troubleshooting or they want to add something and i need to get to the IP-Bus connector

BetsBuy mounting mine beneath the glove box, however the biggest feedback I'd have is make sure you get a decent antenna. I am still of the opinion that my HD Radio offers much poorer reception performance than my factory radio. Really very disappoint even though I installed a amplified antenna.

i'm not gonna lie, HD radio is the worst thing ever offered as an optional accessory, if the radio stations are going to use it then it should just be in the tuner, i always recomend sat radio unless you live in a major city that actually uses HD radio then its just a waste of money, about 70% of the unit we install come back and switch because of how poor the reception is and how few stations use it(most of which thin they have to get it or there radio will stop working because they are confused with HD television). way to drop the ball again terrestrial radio.

i always recomend sat radio unless you live in a major city that actually uses HD radio then its just a waste of money.

Well, I live in a major city and hence would never go back to satellite radio. The signal I get in Chicago is great, and since I rarely travel, HD radio is a great solution. Sure, paying for a HD tuner isn't great, but neither is paying for a satellite tuner + a monthly fee. :) To each his own, I suppose.

And yes, if you're not near a big city, satellite is really the only choice for digital radio.

i'm not gonna lie, HD radio is the worst thing ever offered as an optional accessory, if the radio stations are going to use it then it should just be in the tuner, i always recomend sat radio unless you live in a major city that actually uses HD radio then its just a waste of money, about 70% of the unit we install come back and switch because of how poor the reception is and how few stations use it(most of which thin they have to get it or there radio will stop working because they are confused with HD television). way to drop the ball again terrestrial radio.

I agree. I lost the last good FM rock station out by me a couple of months ago, and figured I'd try HD first, since the tuners were relatively cheap, and no monthly fees. I'm out in the country, so there are no HD stations, and it feels like the FM stations got weaker (antenna is the in-glass style). And when I travel, and get close to DC or Baltimore, half the time, I'm on the frindge, and you can hear it switch back and forth between digital and analog.

I may have to try sat. again. All I know is the last time I had it, I would lose signal to tree cover.

Oh, to answer the original question, mines mounted on top of the radio, since my Fusion had a lot of space above.