AVIC411.com

Buy now! 60 Dollar price on mapupdate w/3.0

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What if there isn't a security lock?

So? Buy it. Don't implicitly condone piracy on a public forum to which Pioneer and police have access. It's one thing to do it. It's another thing to post about doing it. ;)

But no, seriously. I paid for it yesterday, and you should too. Surely $60 isn't much to ask, when compared to the price of your headunit and taking into consideration that you'll be getting a genuine product that is backed by Pioneer's service.

But no, seriously. I paid for it yesterday, and you should too. Surely $60 isn't much to ask, when compared to the price of your headunit and taking into consideration that you'll be getting a genuine product that is backed by Pioneer's service.

I am not really happy even with $60.00 price (plus tax and shipping so it is really $68.75). The only reason I update is because in Chicago area (N-E) maps virtually don't include speed limits. It really works only on highways and just a few roads (I actually know only one road where it works, and even that is bad as at some places it displays incorrect speed). It would be nice to have that feature not only as an assistance, but also it is required for the software to calculate quickest way to get from point A to point B. Without knowing speed limits, the software cannot determine correctly if it make sense to drive 0.5 mi longer but twice faster or stuck with 30 mph limit but shorter distance. Also, estimated arrival time is also always useless. Google maps on iPhone can tell me what NAVIGATION unit in my car cannot!

Also, it does not work well with iPhone. Whereas all the futures work well (making phones, iPod etc.), when you connect iPhone displays it was not made for iPhone which is annoying. 3.0 should solve this issue as I saw somewhere a banner saying it was made for iPhone.

I also hope it is going to work a bit faster. The response time is still way too slow.

Therefore, I am not happy to pay $68.75 for bug fixes and supposedly making some features actually useful - but who knows if newer maps will bring that, it is kind of gamble. That should be free, but of course having no choice I ordered the update.

I just only hope I will still be able to modify the unit so software bypass will still work as well as a nice mod displaying speed limit and current limit which I love.

Also, it does not work well with iPhone. Whereas all the futures work well (making phones, iPod etc.), when you connect iPhone displays it was not made for iPhone which is annoying. 3.0 should solve this issue as I saw somewhere a banner saying it was made for iPhone.

It's the new hardware in the X series that gets the iphone warning to go away, so far I've not seen anyone say that changes in the F series with just the 3.0 software would do that, nor would I expect them to, besides, it's not a warning that stops anything from working, just say "no, don't turn on airplane mode"

What if there isn't a security lock?

So? Buy it. Don't implicitly condone piracy on a public forum to which Pioneer and police have access. It's one thing to do it. It's another thing to post about doing it. ;)

I totally understand where you're coming from but I also am not really happy with the "package" update. The maps that are loaded now are fine with me. I've never ran across an area that was not mapped. The main reason why I chose to go with the f90bt over the kenwood was due to it's UI side and radio side not the navigation. I hardly use my navi. Hell, my unit is still a virgin and never been hacked.

My main concern if getting the update is purely for the firmware update. But of course, you can't simply just get a firmware update because of the iGo because they go hand in hand with each other. With that said, I can't justify spending any more money on a unit just for a firmware update. And I'm definitely not going sucker into their bright marketing discount scheme.

I must have missed it, it says $120 now - no $60 anywhere. Ive also called and left multiple messages but no one calls me back ... I like my radio, but Im starting to hate Pioneer.

**EDIT** Duh, I didnt add to my cart, Just did and its $60... Thanks for the heads up...

It stated in the lower rigth corner in a box, it says 60 dollar promotional price or something.

I think 60 dollars is pretty generous. I really think that is their way of making up for the mistakes. Word is the 3.0 was all the software written from the ground up from in house software programmers. I think think this is a great indicator that good things are yet to come.

So with that said im looking forward to 3.0 and I really hope its as good as it sounds. Its too bad though this couldn't have been 1.0. Owell, at least its here, and we should all have it in the next 30 days.

One thing I didn't know is they charge you immediately. Not when the item ships. That surprises me, considering its a preorder.

I saw that email as well. But my credit card has a pending charge from pioneer for the 68 dollars and change. Pre ordering from microsoft only did a reality check on the credit card making sure its good with a charge of a 1.00

I guess it is possible they were just checking if the account was good and are not going to actually charge it until then.

Yep. I preorder today as well but they don't accept Canadian orders as it is the us site. The canadian site says nothing about a preorder or even the product update itself! So since I know that I would get fleeced by the Canadian pioneer site (we always do; they doubles or triple prices here!), I got a friend in NY to order it for me. So all is well!s