AVIC411.com

Buy now! 60 Dollar price on mapupdate w/3.0

I want to order this but I've read but didn't find my answer. So does 3.0 firmware basically turns my unit into an X series? And with the Maps on the SD card does that means for the new maps to work they have to be in the SD slot all the time.

you must not have read much because I read this answer at least 2 weeks ago. 3.0 basically makes the f-series an x-series.(software wise). and you load the update onto your units flash drive and will not have to keep the sd card in.

Now onto everyone else complaining.

I have a 700bt. 2.06 update. The only complaints I have are the bluetooth freezing up for a bit on me and the terrible outdated maps. Guess what though, I bought the update for the 60 bucks and thought it was a great deal compared to what some updates for other manufacturers want.

I challenge anyone here that is pissing and moaning about these units to find a comparable unit for under $1000. You cant. And by comparable I mean a reputable company, bluetooth, ipod, etc. I also would love to meet the person who has ever seen flawless technology. It does not exist and never will. Theres always improvements that can be made after releasing something. Look at microsoft for example. How many years since windows xp was released and theyre still finding flaws in it that can lead to all kinds of issues.

I myself would prefer garmin navif=gation because Im a huge fan. So lets compare kenwood. The entry level dnx5140. Retail price is about $1000. No bluetooth, thats and extra 150 for the add-on. 2 sets of preouts, not 3 like the f-series. Navigation is garmin but no lane assistance. And to top it off boot time isnt that much better. I installed one for a customer yesterday and tested the start up time compared to pioneer. It might be 10-15 seconds faster. whoopidy doo.

So eveyone complaining on how pioneer sucks and this should be free and blah blah blah. Get down off your soapbox and grow up. Pioneer makes some of the best products out there. They are still offering support and upgrades for these units when they could just as easily say its outdated and theyre not going to.

I for one will continue to buy pioneer products as they make some of the best I have ever seen and had the pleasure of owning.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand why people bitch and complain about their units not working on here.

Talk to the manufacturer. If you don't like their response, do the world one of two favors:

1) Buy a different unit and quit your bitching

2) Kill yourself, and thereby quit your bitching.

Seriously. No one wants to here you cry about how your unit doesn't work. Frankly, you aren't going to find any sympathy, and it's not the right place for you to complain about your unit. Talk to Pioneer.

Thats what forums are for. To discuss how crappy the system is.

I got lots to discuss about this. I wonder how many people have called Pioneer to complain? A ton I suspect, if my Car Audio dealer is correct - he said one guy punched his system in. Hahah thats awesome.

Get down off your soapbox and grow up.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

ffffffffuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnnnyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.... :lol: ROFL

Yeah yeah I am trolling some. But seriously I am pissed. I think its terrible customer service to "offer" a fix for 60 bucks when the system is so broken. If it wasnt broken, why would they need a fix?

They should release a patch at least to fix the bluetooth and the speed issues? I dont want the map, and I dont care about the iGo8.3.

Yeah yeah I am trolling some. But seriously I am pissed. I think its terrible customer service to "offer" a fix for 60 bucks when the system is so broken. If it wasnt broken, why would they need a fix?

They should release a patch at least to fix the bluetooth and the speed issues? I dont want the map, and I dont care about the iGo8.3.

It's not a fix, it's an update. Fix implies something is not working. Update implies something is out of date or inefficient. Fix != Update

You're just going to have to accept that speed issues are not technically bugs. Yes it's frustrating and annoying, but it's not a bug.

As far as your bluetooth issue, maybe it's just not very compatible with your current phone? My bluetooth works fine (unless I try to make or receive calls during startup, then it can be buggy but it usually works itself out during my drive).

I don't understand why people bitch and complain about their units not working on here.

Talk to the manufacturer. If you don't like their response, do the world one of two favors:

1) Buy a different unit and quit your bitching

2) Kill yourself, and thereby quit your bitching.

Seriously. No one wants to here you cry about how your unit doesn't work. Frankly, you aren't going to find any sympathy, and it's not the right place for you to complain about your unit. Talk to Pioneer.

Thats what forums are for. To discuss how crappy the system is.

I got lots to discuss about this. I wonder how many people have called Pioneer to complain? A ton I suspect, if my Car Audio dealer is correct - he said one guy punched his system in. Hahah thats awesome.

Agreed. Forums would be pointless if everyone shared the same opinions.