AVIC411.com

Buy now! 60 Dollar price on mapupdate w/3.0

Instead of setting fireworks off it, let someone have it for $500. You are still going to be $500 ahead than setting it on fire.

I agree, it is not as trouble prone as other units out there, but if you know how to run a windows based computer, you know how to get this thing working. Once in a while I lose bluetooth, and occasionally I get the blue screen of death. It all seems to be related to how hot it is. If I am not running A/C, or the car has been sitting in the hot sun for a while, I seem to get more errors. Once the car is cooled off, or in the winter, the unit is functioning fine.

All in all, for the price most of us paid (under $400) there is no comparison. And occasional reboot does not break my day.

At this point, blowing it the fuck up would probably be so satisfying as to offset the 500 bucks I lost. I really do hate this unit.

I am going to pull an office space on this thing and take it to a field and bash the shit out of it with a sledgehammer and pick axe.

By the way, dont call me unfair, I will wait to blow it the fuck up - I want to see if the 3.0 (or what is it now 3.1, since they already found bugs even before release?) update actually fixes it.

Even this morning the retarded unit decided to hang for 50 seconds after I disconnected a call. Oh and thats after I had to restart the car to get my ipod to connect. What a piece. I may instead take my 12 gauge to it.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right...,I have not a clue what sort of changes 3.0 does to the unit...

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=25326&start=0

as for the stealing from them nonsense...I don't want to...but they are forcing maps down our throats in order to get a firmware update.

1) Firmware updates aren't always free. Especially, since this is a major OS update, not some bug fixes. If you're dying from some bug (a real bug, not some inconvenience) they haven't addressed (unlikely) you might have a leg to stand on.

2) They aren't forcing you to do anything. In fact, you're making all the choices for ... yourself! YEAH FREE WILL!

3) Bottom line, if you don't want to steal, then don't steal. It's really that simple.

Updates are not free. Fixes are.

Your right...,I have not a clue what sort of changes 3.0 does to the unit...

http://avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php? ... 26&start=0

as for the stealing from them nonsense...I don't want to...but they are forcing maps down our throats in order to get a firmware update.

1) Firmware updates aren't always free. Especially, since this is a major OS update, not some bug fixes. If you're dying from some bug (a real bug, not some inconvenience) they haven't addressed (unlikely) you might have a leg to stand on.

2) They aren't forcing you to do anything. In fact, you're making all the choices for ... yourself! YEAH FREE WILL!

3) Bottom line, if you don't want to steal, then don't steal. It's really that simple.

What needs to be fixed? I mean, I can see where they can make improvements to the unit, but I can't say any of the core features need any fixes.

Ouch, I stand corrected in regards to the update charge for the iPod touch.

Didn't pay anything for my 3.0 firmware update for the iPhone. AT&T doesn't get shit from me as I am with T-mobile.

Still doesn't justify you belittling others.

Oh, wait, sorry Jesus.

So, I have to be wrong or a thief to justify bashing people?

Got it!

What needs to be fixed? I mean, I can see where they can make improvements to the unit, but I can't say any of the core features need any fixes.

Bluetooth, ipod connection, general OS sluggishness, backup camera response, NAV, Piss poor UI arrangement and more.

Bluetooth, ipod connection, general OS sluggishness, backup camera response, NAV, Piss poor UI arrangement and more.

Sounds like you're just mad because of performance issues, and not any real bugs. Because the only bug you actually pointed out was iPod connectivity, and from what I've read, you just need to reconnect it every month or so.

Which bring me back to my original point; they are not responsible for improving their unit for free, they are only responsible for making sure all the advertised features function (and they do function). If you aren't happy with their quality/performance, simply return/boycott their product and buy from their competitors.

Stealing or demanding handouts is not the right way to do anything.

And not that anyone cares, but I've pre-ordered as well.

Sounds like you're just mad because of performance issues, and not any real bugs. Because the only bug you actually pointed out was iPod connectivity, and from what I've read, you just need to reconnect it every month or so.

Which bring me back to my original point; they are not responsible for improving their unit for free, they are only responsible for making sure all the advertised features function (and they do function). If you aren't happy with their quality/performance, simply return/boycott their product and buy from their competitors.

Stealing or demanding handouts is not the right way to do anything.

And not that anyone cares, but I've pre-ordered as well.

ipod disconnects more than once a day - not performance issue.

bluetooth hangs easily once a day - not performance issue.

sluggishness - it would be a performance issue if it werent so bad as to be dangerous and often unusable.

locking up and rebooting - not a performance issue.

I don't want anything for free, I want the unit I paid $1000 bucks for to work. I am out of return policy or I would have gladly returned it. i am boycotting Pioneer.

I am not stealing or demanding a hand out, I want my product to work as advertised.

Its a pretty simple concept to understand, I don't know how you get it twisted so easily into assuming I am whining for free stuff.

And anyone can whine about my complaints if they want. Its pretty obvious I am not the only one with these issues or else there would not be rampant unhappiness across this forum.

Obviously people are excited for 3.0 not for the new maps, but for the *FIXES*. Some of us think its preposterous for Pioneer to try and profit further off of us by charging extra for the fix. I am one of those people.

I don't want free maps, I could care less, I do, however, expect for the unit I *paid* for to work the way it was advertised to work.

It was not advertised to crash and freeze and perform sluggishly. Simple as that.

After letting it fully start up (I get the little "mobile phone is connected" message), I don't experience any of these issues (can't speak about the iPod thing, but everything else is fine including bluetooth, voice activation, screen response time, etc). If you are getting these issues because you do not allow it to finish it's startup, then it's operator error. If, however, you do let it start up properly and you are still having these issues, you probably just got a bad unit.

And obviously this board will be full of unhappy members. That's like saying, why are there so many alcoholics at this AA meeting? Because the majority of people making their first post here do it for one reasons; to find out was was wrong with their system (yes the system had a lot of bugs at release).

But I confess, I would be pretty unhappy with the performance of this unit if I blew $1000 on it. Fortunately, I did my research (thanks to these boards) and waited for it to hit a price point I could feel comfortable about (~$500 for by my F90BT).

I don't understand why people bitch and complain about their units not working on here.

Talk to the manufacturer. If you don't like their response, do the world one of two favors:

1) Buy a different unit and quit your bitching

2) Kill yourself, and thereby quit your bitching.

Seriously. No one wants to here you cry about how your unit doesn't work. Frankly, you aren't going to find any sympathy, and it's not the right place for you to complain about your unit. Talk to Pioneer.