AVIC411.com

Will bypass still work with 06-F150 auto lights???

Will i have to turn to off position before startup, then flick lights on, off, to bypass, then allow unit to load up, then switch over to auto?..i also read a post somewhere on programing something that would take care of this when started, but to avoid additional wiring, i dont drive this truck everyday, and wouldnt mind switching the lights over after its loaded....im going for install today, wish me luck....Thanks, Clay
If yours works like mine, you will have to put the headlight switch in the off postition before starting the vehicle. Once you start the truck and see the Pioneer Loading... on the upper left corner turn the lights on (all the way over to headlight position) and then back to off. Then you can flip it back over to the auto postion. Also, before you do this you will have to cover up the light sensor on the dash (or wherever it is on a 150) so that it will think it is dark out.
It will work I have a '05 F150 Lariat Supercrew and the light switch trick works. Also, I did not cover a light sensor. I was out when the sun was its brightest and it worked. Look at the picture the I will post with this reply. Sorry that it is big, but I just did it a couple of minutes while my kids were watching HoodWinked in the rear. Sorry I could not get the actual speed I was going. It was kind of hard to get a good picture while driving...lol
mine works no prob....

get in, make sure ebrake is off, start truck (even with lights in auto position either during the day or night), as soon as you see the start up screen....flick the lights once to the parking light position and back to auto position and there you have it.....

i have a 05 F150 Supercrew....
I think I'm just going to get the thing off ebay that allows you to hook it up and it'll flash your lights automatically on start up. Actually it makes the unit think you flashed your lights, but it doesn't actually flash your lights.

I didn't want my lights flashing because of my HID headlight retrofit in my 05 F150.

Duke
[quote name="F150 Duke"]I think I'm just going to get the thing off ebay that allows you to hook it up and it'll flash your lights automatically on start up. Actually it makes the unit think you flashed your lights, but it doesn't actually flash your lights.

I didn't want my lights flashing because of my HID headlight retrofit in my 05 F150.

Duke[/quote]

What? You don't like mine?
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166&start=0]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 66&start=0[/url]

:)
[quote name="ducatiboy"] [quote name="F150 Duke"]I think I'm just going to get the thing off ebay that allows you to hook it up and it'll flash your lights automatically on start up. Actually it makes the unit think you flashed your lights, but it doesn't actually flash your lights.

Duke[/quote]

What? You don't like mine?
[url=http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=166&start=0]http://www.avic411.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 66&start=0[/url]

:)[/quote]

You're the guy I'm looking for. I was told about you in another forum and I couldn't remember where to find you and I though he said ebay.

I'm still on the fence with this Z1. Mainly because I have green interior lights and the Z1 has blue lights.

But I'll be hitting up that thread once I make my final decision.

Duke
[quote name="03Vic-HPP"]The blue doesnt really look bad with the green (I have green too), there is so much color on the screen that you really dont notice it.[/quote]

I was kind of thinking the same thing. That is what is helping me get over it. Now the only other thing is the lack of RDS.

Duke
[quote name="03Vic-HPP"]Yeah I do kinda miss that, I got to really like it on the stock Ford radio...[/quote]

Which is why I'm hung up on the Kenwood 6019. It has this feature and the ability to add the other features the Pioneer Z1 has for about the same price. Only downside is I haven't been too keen on the screen shots I've seen of the Kenwood 6019.

Duke