AVIC411.com

f90bt or x910bt? That is the question...

Hey guys, I'm currently in the market for a navi for my truck and have been doing my research online for the best product. Seems like the Kenwood 6140 is probably the best choice, reliably wise. But features wise, the avic product is unmatched. My problem lies in that the more research I do about the avic-f90bt the more confused I get. Some people say it's great but a lot of people say it's laggy and buggy. Now, I just started to read about the new x910bt, which supposively running the new software is less laggy and buggy. But since it's so new, I've hardly been able to read many reviews about it to get a good grasp on it. My local shop can do the f90bt for only $200 less than the newer x910bt, so for $200 I would rather have the peace of mind of running a better unit. Can any of you users running the x910bt chime in and let me know how the newer unit is running. And also any of the owners running the older f90bt chime in as well and let me know your experiences and what you expect with the release of 3.0 update. I would really like to get my unit installed by next week but I want to make sure I don't regret my decision. The avic units seem to have great features, on paper, but I very worried about the real world performance. Should I go with the kenwood?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dammit drod!! you beat me to a similar question. LOL :cry:

If you don’t mind I will piggy back of you your question. :mrgreen:

General consensus of the F90bt.

Hey All, I’m trying to make up my mind if I should fork over money to Pioneer for a new F90bt. I have been reading stories where people have purchased these units and had to send them in to Pioneer to fix them. Now I’m looking at one the has the 2.0 update will I be safe buying this unit? I also saw some for sale that didn’t exactly say they had the new update already installed. Would I stay away from this one?

The bottom line is can I buy this unit, put in my car and at least have it do have the things it claim too?

If you have never owned a Kenwood, there is a frustration/learnig curve to them, not nearly as easy to use as the pioneers. they also have bugs, and updates also. Pioneer was just really slow at releasing updates, but seeing as they already have one for the x series is good to see.

Expect to buy the 3.0 update if your going to a F series, which will basicaly makes the decks pretty musch the same. The control kob also looks much improved.

The Z series is a sweat deck, basically the X series on steroids, with even more features. You may want to check that one out too.

Really hard to beat the F90BT at it's price point. Got mine for ~$500 after Live Cash Back (now Bing Cash Back).

And before you buy, please understand it is a VERY slow unit. Takes forever to boot up fully and gets pissy if you interrupt the startup process, but functions nicely once it's up and running.

Really hard to beat the F90BT at it's price point. Got mine for ~$500 after Live Cash Back (now Bing Cash Back).

And before you buy, please understand it is a VERY slow unit. Takes forever to boot up fully and gets pissy if you interrupt the startup process, but functions nicely once it's up and running.

I don't find it to be THAT slow. Takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute to be completely started up and fully functional for me. And in that time, I've rolled down my windows, opened my sunroof, folded out my side mirrors, buckled my seatbelt, put my phone in the holder, and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, it's ready :D

I don't find it to be THAT slow. Takes about 30 seconds to 1 minute to be completely started up and fully functional for me. And in that time, I've rolled down my windows, opened my sunroof, folded out my side mirrors, buckled my seatbelt, put my phone in the holder, and WHAT DO YOU KNOW, it's ready :D

1-2 min if I use my radio (radio comes on in about 10 sec), but If I'm using my SD card it takes several minutes.

And I always wait till I get the "moble phone is connected" before I touch anything.

Go with Pioneer f90bt I think its the best unit out there on the market and best price for a kick ass nav and If you buy it now I think you can get the 3.0 firmware on it for free you wont have to pay that $60 dollars like us I am not going to get in to that.. and people that keep sayin shit bout it being slow download the 2.0 firmware and stop bitchn it is not slow the most after you download it only takes 30 sec look on youtube they got videos and shit.. people always bitchn bout something man anyway good luck

Go with Pioneer f90bt I think its the best unit out there on the market and best price for a kick ass nav and If you buy it now I think you can get the 3.0 firmware on it for free you wont have to pay that $60 dollars like us I am not going to get in to that.. and people that keep sayin shit bout it being slow download the 2.0 firmware and stop bitchn it is not slow the most after you download it only takes 30 sec look on youtube they got videos and shit.. people always bitchn bout something man anyway good luck

so ur telling me the unit start up in 30 seconds and shit no matter what you throw at it I totally disagree cuz my shit dont start up that fast and i gotz the 2.0 download upgrade the radio and shit is fast but when i try to load up with my SD card it like hangs for a long time maybe i just gotz a bad unit or maybe u havent tried loading up on a SD card anywayz writing without punctuations is hard as fuck...to read.

If you buy it now I think you can get the 3.0 firmware on it for free you wont have to pay that $60 dollars like us

How do you get this firmware update? I have asked Pioneer about it by email and have not gotten a response yet, but I just bought mine about 2 weeks ago.

I would stay far away from either the F or the X. Wish I had passed when it came time to buy my F. Its like a waking nightmare.

Tacomaboy if not the X or F then what? I am seeing new Fs going for 650-700 online. I cannot see myself paying full price for a new Z $1400!! I would get a brand new freakin 42in plazma on the wall. haha

Too bad we cannot upgrade the old z1-3 software to the 110bt.

by miggity79 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:05 pm

so ur telling me the unit start up in 30 seconds and shit no matter what you throw at it I totally disagree cuz my shit dont start up that fast and i gotz the 2.0 download upgrade the radio and shit is fast but when i try to load up with my SD card it like hangs for a long time maybe i just gotz a bad unit or maybe u havent tried loading up on a SD card anywayz writing without punctuations is hard as fuck...to read.

I do use my sd card bitch i have a 8gb wit bout a 125 song and i dont have any problems so u probly did get a fuckd up unit u probly bought yo shit off ebay cheap as bitch thats what you get fucker its not my problem that you can read without punctuation bitch

by miggity79 on Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:05 pm

I do use my sd card bitch i have a 8gb wit bout a 125 song and i dont have any problems so u probly did get a fuckd up unit u probly bought yo shit off ebay cheap as bitch thats what you get fucker its not my problem that you can read without punctuation bitch

jitendra, you write like a freakin retard. I live in North Philly, and I've seen homeless people that can write better than you.

Don't bother trying to argue that point. You'll lose. Everyone has seen it happen to those that try.

Similarly, I was unaware that it was "cool" to write the letter "z" after every other word after 1995. Perhaps he's stuck in a time rift.

miggity79, you should be more accepting of people that may be stuck in time rifts. It's not polite to rip on people from another time. They can't help it.

As you wish my demi-god.

Plus, his inability to use the quote button and giant 128 song library are really intimidating.

Edit : BTW, I was the only one who used "z". I fail.

I fail because I blamed you for the time rift. I was being timecist, sorry.

On the other hand, I concur. His inability to use the Quote button and noobery are very intimidating.