AVIC411.com

hmm, how did your truck get stolen when you have a transponder type unit in it stock? howd they get it running? this would suggest that maybe they towed the vehicle, and hence no of the things I have seen in this thread would prevent that, even the tilt sensor might not trigger it. But the gps location from web would tell you where it is.

As for your 8 sirens cntrylvr79, good attempt, but wouldnt 4 do the same thing, or even 2? and besides if they remove the power from a dozen sirens it wont make a sound. There are some things a car owner can do or have done that will be similar to the devices mentioned.. like ignition kill, and other kills like that for min. cost compared to a expensive alarm system.

The key is probably to customize the system for each vehicle, so that for the criminals it isnt so easy to jump in and know exactly where and how to circumvent the security. Best buy and Circuit City have very well known techniques for installation that thieves know just where and what to do. putting wireless kills, and extra sirens, and backup batteries, and sensors, and so on and so on will help, but in the end if the car gets towed, the car gets towed. maybe make it even more difficult by putting the boot on the wheel.. but at some point we have to say geeze enough is enough.. dont park or leave the vehicle in those risky situations, and see that insurance is ample for taking car of such a loss.
The forums and members here are a unique community. Intelligent members putting their heads together and sharing information makes this forum by far the most usefull tool in this indusrty.

I'm curious how many members have invested in some type of aftermarket accessories before investing into a security system?

I personally was a victim of car theft (f250 FX4 06 King Ranch) and was lucky enough to have got it back. It was minus the entire interior, but at least I got it back. Getting the interior replaced with my insurance company has not been a pleasant one, but that's entirely a different subject.

I think that with all the great minds here, we could start a smarter community when it comes to protecting our investment. Share your thoughts and ideas, and what you have done to beat the scum bags that want to take your hard earned toys.

Make sure you notify and amend to your policy everything you've added to your vehicle, or you'll loose it all! I lost 24k in my learning experience, and i would like to help the rest of you from the same doom.

Here are my plans for the F250 once it's back together.
Remote Start and Security
Battery back up on brain
Tilt Motion Sensor
Dual Zone Radar sensor
Satelite communication module (Call by phone-Start-Windows-Locks)
Vehicle GPS Tracking device with battery back up

With the Satelite device when notified by GPS unit (Dials cell phone when alarm triggered) I will be able to enter a code that will shut down the ignition as well as the fuel pump, and rather than use the funtion of rolling windows down I will trigger the door switches (Windows & Locks) useless untill signal resent. At that point, whoever is behind the wheel will be lock inside the vehicle and can't get out if the thief can't break glass. I would also love to install a train horn under the passenger seat to add to mud factor now rapidly accelerating. I will be able to go on the internet and see at any time where the vehicle is. I will be in control, not the thief, not the police, me! Cool Huh?

Have any ideas or comments? :twisted:
Ok although I'm rarely more than 1000ft from my car, here's the list.

Alarm/remotestart blah blah
shock sensor, motion sensor, battery backup, 8 sirens 4 inside 4 outside, 3 separate starter/fuel disable spots.

Bars welded inside doors to prevent slim jims from opening.

Connector rod for outside doorlock removed

Laminate on all windows (except windsheild) keeps window in 1 piece if attempt to break it.

And some other things I've made that I'm not going to go into detail about. I wouldn't say my car is unstealable, cause that's just not true. I'll be damned though if it's going to be loud and painful for anyone who tries.
Yeah 2 or 4 would do the same job, but the intent was to make the sound so annoying and loud that it would get someone's attention. As for cutting power to the system. It's really not possible. Disconnecting or damaging the main battery will trigger the alarm and all of the sirens are powered individually by their own backup batteries. I know no car is unstealable, but previous experience has taught me what a good theif looks for when their going to take a car.
  • 2 months later...
Although this would be the wrong forum to raise this topic in, I feel like everyone should know what the overlying problem is... Your cars are fine, your security systems are fine, these are not the problems, the problem is that there is too many people. I could go on and on for a few pages here describing in DETAIL the effects of overpopulation, but I'll sum it up and leave you all with ONE thought. If there was half as many people on earth, there would be half as many AVIC's stolen....
  • 2 months later...

One of the best ways I found to keep a vehicle safe is to have layers of security (as was already mentioned). First and foremost layer, the alarm. An annoyance at best for a car theif, the second layer, would be some kind of kill switch for one of the 3 things a car needs to start (spark, air, or fuel). I myself had a kill switch hidden that shut off my fuel pump. No pump, no fuel, no fuel... no go. There are also some interesting quick connects for aftermarket steering wheels that work really well too. No steering wheel.... no steer right?

But, ultimately, if the theives are versatile enough to have a tow truck.... bye bye birdie. There really isnt anything, short of the boot or removing your wheels, that will keep a tow truck at bay. LoL, even removing your wheels wouldnt stop a flat bed tow truck.

I think though, out of all of those, a gps tracker would work best. No car is safe, period. If its wanted, it will get stolen. So... ok, its stolen, you can now at least track where its going via the gps tracker and possibly get it back with the help of the fuzz.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

just had a rash of car b&e at my shop..they didn't get very much..last year the same kids were cought om my video cameras i went out an found the kids called the cops and they didnt even get charge with video of the doing it..now there back...i will wait with a bat tonight when they come back..