AVIC411.com

iPod Touch Limited Right spearker sound

Hi all,

I have had the AVIC-F700BT for over a year and prior to purchasing my iPod Touch I had an older 4GB Nano. I never experienced this problem until I bought my Touch.

I plug in the iPod Touch and begin listening to music, after about 2 minutes or so, the right speakers are very limited/low and you can almost hear a buzzing sound coming out of the speakers. I havent been able to find anything about it, except the following post. However no one else replied: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=25568&p=173981&hilit=+ipod+touch#p173981

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

I think it's a defect in the Pioneer iPod cable being very cheap. I had the same problem but fixed it by switching to the Apple iPod cable. Don't know if this will work for everyone but it's worth giving it a try and if it doesn't fix it I guess you can always just return the Apple cable?

I think it's a defect in the Pioneer iPod cable being very cheap. I had the same problem but fixed it by switching to the Apple iPod cable. Don't know if this will work for everyone but it's worth giving it a try and if it doesn't fix it I guess you can always just return the Apple cable?

What cable did you use exactly? I would love to swtich the cable and try this out. Can you please post a link, it seems there are many of us having this problem!

What cable did you use exactly? I would love to swtich the cable and try this out. Can you please post a link, it seems there are many of us having this problem!

Here's a link to the cable I'm using now: http://store.apple.com/us/product/MB129 ... MjE0NTAzOA

However I just saw this thread: viewtopic.php?t=26067

In there people are talking about how the cables that plug into the back of the avic unit could also be the problem. When i switched out my cable I made sure that the RCA cables weren't being smashed when I had to shove everything back into my dash so that could also be why I fixed it.

I started having this problem a while ago. Only with the iPod. People say it's the USB cable, or the RCAs, etc etc. I can say I taped up both, and still had the problem yesterday. I exchanged my unit (under warranty) for a new F700BT, as this has just kept coming back. Sometimes it will be fine for almost a month before it comes back, and I was tired of it. It'll happen, I'll shut my car off, come back later - and the right side of the car is working again. Other people said it's something INSIDE the AVIC unit that comes loose, and thus the unit itself is the issue. In any case, I'm going to monitor this, of course, and see if it crops up again with my new AVIC.

• 5 months later...