AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0101 install instructions for F Series

*****I did this on my F Series*******

You do not need 3.0 for this to work, it includes it.

1. click this link to download firmware http://ds1.downloadtech.net/cn1010/firmware/AVIC_X-Series_Firmware_Update.zip

2. Click this link and follow instructions (very easy) http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/ephox/StaticFiles/PUSA/Files/Instruction%20for%20AVIC%20X-Series%203.010100%20Firmware%20Update.pdf

Enjoy Version 3.0101 and Map Version 2.0004!

what's the difference between 3.01 and 3.0 ive been searching for a while with no answer.

search the pioneer website!!!!!

Ver 3.010100

CHANGE HISTORY:

- Fixes the case that “distance to destination†is incorrectly displayed in French Canadian kilometer mode.

- Improves the reliability of “Delete All User Data†feature

- Improves 2D map display performance in scales > 20,000ft.

- Fixes the case that city names on 2D map may not be displayed when large amounts of MSN Traffic data is present.

- Enhances reliability during firmware update process.

- Fixes the case where Track Log data is not retained in memory when unit is shut off.

- Improves reliability of iPod alphabetical search feature.

Umm.. there is no way this is going to work. The X-Series 3.0101 update is an update on top of 3.0. Even if you somehow got the files from this update onto your F-series, it still would be missing the map and license files, the new system sounds, etc. You have to put a full 3.0 install on the unit in order to run this update.

Umm.. there is no way this is going to work. The X-Series 3.0101 update is an update on top of 3.0. Even if you somehow got the files from this update onto your F-series, it still would be missing the map and license files, the new system sounds, etc. You have to put a full 3.0 install on the unit in order to run this update.

Cool. I'll get back to work on getting the 3.0 on first.

Hey WildBillMassey,

Thanks alot for this post!

I just need to ask you, are you SURE that i do not need to download and install 3.0 in order to put this on update on my unit? i.e. are you sure this is all i need to install in order to have 3.0.1?

I have an Australian unit and i have the latest australian maps too so will i be able to just install this update and then put on my australian maps once done?

Thanks again