AVIC411.com

Complete 3.0101 install instructions for F Series

Hey WildBillMassey,

Thanks alot for this post!

I just need to ask you, are you SURE that i do not need to download and install 3.0 in order to put this on update on my unit? i.e. are you sure this is all i need to install in order to have 3.0.1?

I have an Australian unit and i have the latest australian maps too so will i be able to just install this update and then put on my australian maps once done?

Thanks again

This is NOT an all inclusive update to 3.01. It is just a package to step from 3.004 to 3.01. You cannot go from 2.x to 3.01 using just this package.

Ahh ok ok then thanks for that, i thought there would have to be more to it than just installing this file!

But so basically, all i have to do is install the 3.0 which has been published all over this forum recently, and then install this 3.01 update then right?

And also, sorry to ask the same question i already asked in my previous post, but even though these updates are not australian, can i still put my australian maps on it?

Thanks alot

what's the difference between 3.01 and 3.0 ive been searching for a while with no answer.

search the pioneer website!!!!!

Ver 3.010100

CHANGE HISTORY:

- Fixes the case that “distance to destination†is incorrectly displayed in French Canadian kilometer mode.

- Improves the reliability of “Delete All User Data†feature

- Improves 2D map display performance in scales > 20,000ft.

- Fixes the case that city names on 2D map may not be displayed when large amounts of MSN Traffic data is present.

- Enhances reliability during firmware update process.

- Fixes the case where Track Log data is not retained in memory when unit is shut off.

- Improves reliability of iPod alphabetical search feature.

can anybody tell me what the last feature do? how does it "improve reliability of ipod search"? Whats there to searching other than scrolling up and down? Just curious..thanks.

3.0 was working great, I did that yesterday. Today I installed 3.01... Seemed pretty easy, But the problem I'm getting now is it will turn on, but just have that message "System Start up in progress, please wait" for about 5 minutes, then it will turn off and reset, and keep doing it. Is there a way I can just go back to 3.0?

Thank you!

hey when i downloaded the 3.1 update on this page and i put it on my sd card,

i put it into my unit and it came up with the update screen and the background was all red, and it just said "incorrect software is on sd/usb"

anyone can help??

and yes this is straight after i installed 3.0

please help