AVIC411.com

Hacked EZRider 3.0?

My drive is European, not whether it affects. Works well in simulation. On the road, I have not tested yet, but I guess it will work properly. Just replacing ezrider.exe. I assume that your unit is properly updated to version 3.01.

the reboot problem happens on UC (united states,canada) units trying to work european maps i guess. noone offered a fix for that yet i think.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm in Holland and I keep getting the reboot problem as well. Had to go back to the unhacked EZRIDER

is your unit also UC?

No, it's EW (guess that means Europe something). I installed EU v3 on it without troubles but using the hacked EZRider and License in this thread causes constant reboot. No idea what's causing it.

Isn't EZRider in US same as EU?

I have a EW unit and using it with european maps. Installed the hacked EZRider with global license (together with the Pioneer licenses) and the TA 2009.02 maps. So far everything working great.

I also tried the Navteq 2009Q1 maps. Working great too.

(switched back to Teleatlas though...)

Right now Im totally happy with my unit. If it would have worked that nicely from day 1 I would sing praises for Pioneer. (But being it the way it was Im just not so pissed at Pioneer anymore) :lol:

-C

I have a EW unit and using it with european maps. Installed the hacked EZRider with global license (together with the Pioneer licenses) and the TA 2009.02 maps. So far everything working great.

I also tried the Navteq 2009Q1 maps. Working great too.

(switched back to Teleatlas though...)

Right now Im totally happy with my unit. If it would have worked that nicely from day 1 I would sing praises for Pioneer. (But being it the way it was Im just not so pissed at Pioneer anymore) :lol:

-C

What firmware do you have installed? I have 3.003, perhaps I need to upgrade to 3.01

I did my F500BT yesterday with the hacked EZrider 3.0. Everthing works great.

My unit is on 2.00600, what I did was basically swap the whole APL2 folder with the one extracted from 3.0 package. change the sys.txt to set the device type=PIONEER749UC. and have both the generical world license and my original license file in the APL2\IGO\License folder.

However, I did notice some minor problem, not sure it's because of the hack on exrider.exe or is because the mod I added from thread: viewtopic.php?f=34&t=26206 last night. I didn't test this before adding the mod.

What happens is, if I boot up the device without an SD Card inserted, while using the Navigator, I then put in an SD Card with media file on it. The media player will automatically start to play, however, after that I can not swith back to MAP.

I flashed the firmware from the official F910 update from the Pioneer Website. Used that APL folder too.

Later got the APL2 folder from the forum here and the ezrider from this thread.

Basically I would recommend using the Wince image from the PLT folder of THAT update you use the APL folder from. That way the components match.

I asume you used the factory menu (uBoot) to flash the wince.img?

-C

I do have the road arrows that show on the map. :) It must be default since I don't have it in the sys.txt file. I've been racking my brain with the turn restrictions being all screwed up. Made some changes last night and then again tonight. I thought I had it figured out, but I don't.

The Navteq routing today was a joke using the easy routing method. The lack of speed data on all roads except some interstates is a downer. Doesn't even show on LSD. I'll ride out Navteq the rest of this week, but when I have some time this weekend I'll be switching back to Teleatlas.

I took another look at it in Gurjon skin that somebody managed to bolt on to AVIC. Turn restrictions are messed up there as well, so I think it is a little gift from Pioneer... They probably asked NavNGo to rearrange the phasemodel just for the hell of it...

I'll look at routing later, but lack of posted speed limit info has little bearing on routing algorithms. Those use road class and average/max speed on the road segment...

Phew.......I thought I was losing it. Might as well disable the code for turn restrictions for the time being. Thank you Boris for searching that out. It's much appreciated.