AVIC411.com

Hacked EZRider 3.0?

so if its out now can we get some links for downloads? as well as for maps, poi's, buildings and the license?

h5550 already provided a link. Just do some reading/searching or use some Google-Fu for the rest.

Well.. big thanks from me to the guy who hacked this prog! :D

Question: Did anybody find newer EU maps than 2009.02.1 for Teleatlas and Q3 2008 for Navteq?

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Can I use Europe.DEM file (all of Europe) instead of the existing western,eastern etc.dem files that are stock ?

If I just update files I have on my AVIC as stock (with newer versions) do I still need to add a new license or is the 'scene' license just for if I want maps for a region I didn't have as stock ?

Yeah, you can use either DEM file, shouldn't be an issue I believe.

You'll need a license for any non-stock maps (as well as building files etc.) regardless of region.

i cant get this to work, i copied over the new ezrider and used that license asbisand all i get is constant reboot loop. i delted the asbis license and still the same thing. any ideas?

same problem here.trying to use europe maps on UC unit with ezrider bot continous loops is only thing i get.

Just to inform you, that it is possible to put the maps on an SD card. What you do is to use 2 SD cards with the file structure: igo\content\map. You then put TeleAtlas maps in the map folder on one card and Navteq maps on the other. You must delete the maps in the map folder in the My Flash Disk. Igo looks at the SD card if it can't find the maps on the Flash Disk.

You then boot the Avic with the SD card of your choice. You cannot change maps on the fly.

Dem and Building files works for both TA and Navteq maps as previosly stated.

I had no success moving Dem and Building files to the SD card, even though I tried to set the path in sys.txt. Maybe sombody has a solution

Turn restrictions appear to be better so far in simulation than they were with the TeleAtlas maps from the update.

I'll be able to test ride the turn restrictions tomorrow when I go into Chicago.

Who ever was the genius that hacked the ezrider, thank you very much.

Here's the update after using Navteq for one day driving to and from Chicago, about 85 miles round trip.

Road signs: Not one showing on the way to. One showing on the way back. It appears to only show the road signs at junctions with other interstates. In a way that's about all we had with the lane arrows pre 3.0. Not a big deal for me.

Turn Restrictions: They don't appear to be ANY better that Teleatlas. In fact while on the interstate a no left turn sign popped up about 1 1/2 miles from the nearest exit and went off about a half mile later. There's no cross roads as to why it should have appeared at all. Also a no left turn arrow came up at a major intersection where there was no signs posted. That intersection has never ever had a turn restriction. I've been going through that area since 1969!!

Routing: Set on the fast method, on the way to Chicago it wasn't that bad of a route at 5 in the morning. I didn't take it though. I went my normal route which it recalculated twice on the way. Not too bad considering Teleatlas would always try to get me to "turn back". After five attempts of trying to get me to turn back it finally routed me the way I was going. The route back, same route method but it wanted me to go a way that I would neve dream of attempting to go. Within the first mile it recalculated 14 times until it finally relented and put me the way I wanted to go. The rest of the way it recalculated six more times.

Speed Limit displays: Only on the interstate with Navteq. Teleatlas with IGO 8.3 showed the speed limit for most of the route. There was a stretch of about two miles consecutively that it showed the wrong speed limit. +1 for Teleatlas.

Dems and elevation of street bridges - Teleatlas all the way. Navteq is a bit boring.

Tomorrow I'll try the easy method and see what it does.

As far as turn restrictions go, I think I'm going to review the coding a bit more. It is really strange that the newest versions of two of the worlds largest map providers be so inaccurate regarding this. We just might be asking it to show in a wrong way.

The opinions expressed here are my own, don't take it as gospel.

As far as turn restrictions go, I think I'm going to review the coding a bit more. It is really strange that the newest versions of two of the worlds largest map providers be so inaccurate regarding this. We just might be asking it to show in a wrong way.

The opinions expressed here are my own, don't take it as gospel.

There would be an easy way to check it... Try routing through, say, downtown Chicago. If it sends you wrong way on a one-way street, then definitely maps are f*d-up. If it is routing correctly but turn restriction signs are not showing up right (this would be from your skin, not stock, I imagine), then it is a change in the way 8.3 deals with them. They coould have changed the phasemodel for turn restrictions, so old code would produce random results...

nice work! been out all weekend just found this! so i have the TS 2009.2 maps and the navteq 2009 q1 maps waitin on this.. all i need is this ezrider and the worldwide license... i found the license on a gps forum is this gonna work or is there one specific to ezrider?