AVIC411.com

Hacked EZRider 3.0?

I have a quick question guys. I have a PNA device with IGO AMIGO, and have bought the newest maps with lane guidence, and highway signs. It looks very similar to what we have on the AVIC. The maps are provided by Navteq. I know we use teleatlas maps. Who's maps are better? Also with this ezrider, anyway to use the navteq maps, if its worth it? Thanks!

The map coverage depends on the area; generally speaking, you cannot tell which map is better,

it depends on the country and area. As rule of thumb, if an map for a given country or state is

bigger(IE 30MB vs 28MB), then is a good chance to have better coverage on the bigger map.

But don't forget, this rule is just an guesstimate, nothing more.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have a quick question guys. I have a PNA device with IGO AMIGO, and have bought the newest maps with lane guidence, and highway signs. It looks very similar to what we have on the AVIC. The maps are provided by Navteq. I know we use teleatlas maps. Who's maps are better? Also with this ezrider, anyway to use the navteq maps, if its worth it? Thanks!

The map coverage depends on the area; generally speaking, you cannot tell which map is better,

it depends on the country and area. As rule of thumb, if an map for a given country or state is

bigger(IE 30MB vs 28MB), then is a good chance to have better coverage on the bigger map.

But don't forget, this rule is just an guesstimate, nothing more.

So I should be able to copy my navteq files to my avic and give it a shot then. What would I need? There is a licenses folder on the PNA, would I need to change anything in this hacked ezrider? Thanks!

So I should be able to copy my navteq files to my avic and give it a shot then. What would I need? There is a licenses folder on the PNA, would I need to change anything in this hacked ezrider? Thanks!

You should add the worldwide license too, just in case... :wink:

You should add the worldwide license too, just in case... :wink:

Where does one acquire the worldwide license file?

NAVTEQ maps work too!! I just have a corrupt Georgia and South Dakota map. I don't know if Navteq has 3dc files or not since I couldn't find any. Next I'll try to mix and match the Teleatlas files with the Navteq. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. I'll let everyone know.

post-24694-12872758560073_thumb.jpg

NAVTEQ maps work too!! I just have a corrupt Georgia and South Dakota map. I don't know if Navteq has 3dc files or not since I couldn't find any. Next I'll try to mix and match the Teleatlas files with the Navteq. Keeping my fingers crossed on that one. I'll let everyone know.

sweet,

You can mix'n'match TeleAtlas an Navteq maps, but there is a known problem: the maps doesn't connect.

In other words: You CANNOT make a route from an TeleAtlas map onto a Navteq map.

You can mix'n'match TeleAtlas an Navteq maps, but there is a known problem: the maps doesn't connect.

In other words: You CANNOT make a route from an TeleAtlas map onto a Navteq map.

Thanks for the info regarding the maps, h5550. Do you know if we can use the Teleatlas 3dc files with the Navteq maps?

Thanks for the info regarding the maps, h5550. Do you know if we can use the Teleatlas 3dc files with the Navteq maps?

Yes, you can use any Navteq/TeleAtlas/WhateverProvider buildings/POI/landmarks/petrolstation/whatever addons.

Results usually are OK, at least there are not known bugs ...

Yes, you can use any Navteq/TeleAtlas/WhateverProvider buildings/POI/landmarks/petrolstation/whatever addons.

Results usually are OK, at least there are not known bugs ...

Yes sir, you are correct. I just added the 3dc for Illinois and I'm a happy camper. Turn restrictions appear to be better so far in simulation than they were with the TeleAtlas maps from the update.

I'll be able to test ride the turn restrictions tomorrow when I go into Chicago.

Who ever was the genius that hacked the ezrider, thank you very much.

Where does one acquire the worldwide license file?

The search function is Your friend...

H5550

Before I posted that I did use the search function, and I still cant find the worldwide license file, could some-one please point me in the right direction.

Appreciated very much...