AVIC411.com

Hacked EZRider 3.0?

so NAVTEQ 2009Q1 mapps are the best ones right now right? can use the NAVTEQ POI files with the hacked ezrider file?

Yes, you can, even if it's not recommended, because the TeleAtlas POI's are way better then the Navteq's.

@tommyis3:check your PM's.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

so NAVTEQ 2009Q1 mapps are the best ones right now right? can use the NAVTEQ POI files with the hacked ezrider file?

Yes, you can, even if it's not recommended, because the TeleAtlas POI's are way better then the Navteq's.

so can i put the navteq 2009q1 maps and use the teleatlas POI's instead? where can i get the latest teleatlas POI's?

will i loose my hwy signs with the navteq maps?

so can i put the navteq 2009q1 maps and use the teleatlas POI's instead? where can i get the latest teleatlas POI's?

I have no idea if the Navteq maps include or not hwy signs; for the rest, google is your friend.

BTW, I didn't updated my F500 to 3.0, I waiting for the last two weeks for Pioneer to ship 3.0 upgrade... :evil:

My PNA with navteq maps have highway signs, and lane guidence, so u wont lose them. I'm not sure I'm going to use the navteq maps though......the files are smaller, which to me means (duh) less information! I checked, and my navteq poi files are the same size, or bigger than the teleatlas files. Also, all my navteq .3dl files are almost all exactlly the same size as the teleatlas files. What do u guys think?

My PNA with navteq maps have highway signs, and lane guidence, so u wont lose them. I'm not sure I'm going to use the navteq maps though......the files are smaller, which to me means (duh) less information! I checked, and my navteq poi files are the same size, or bigger than the teleatlas files. Also, all my navteq .3dl files are almost all exactlly the same size as the teleatlas files. What do u guys think?

bigger doesn't mean better, well i guess we just have to try it out first before we make our judgements, the TA maps we currently have for the 3.0 sucks, turn restrictions are wrong, streets are so old,

wats a PNA?

wats a PNA?

Personal Nursing Assistant

wats a PNA?

PNA = Personal Navigation Assistant (Garmin, TomTom, Magellin ect)

So far what I can tell is the the 2009 q1 Navteq maps have much less speed data in Northern Illinois. Of the few routes I've simulated it only shows the speed limit on the interstates. The seems to be less of the huge overhead signs as well. The latter I'm fine with. One thing the Navteq does that the Teleatlas did not is that it shows the country road numbers too. Never saw that with Teleatlas.

About POI:

USA_Illinois_Premium_2008.10_090212_Tele_Atlas.poi : 16,196,780 bytes

USA_Illinois_2008.Q4_090227_NavTeq.poi : 2,990,104 bytes

About buildings :

USA_Illinois_2007.09_071004_The_Sanborn_Map_Company.3dc(TeleAtlas) : 812,160 bytes

USA_Illinois_2008.Q4_090219_NavTeq.3dc : 709,062 bytes

USA_Illinois_2008.08_080812_Nav_N_Go.3dl(TeleAtlas) : 1,008,689 bytes

USA_Illinois_2008.Q4_090218_NavTeq.3dl : 967,717 bytes

And this is typical for every country or state...

bigger doesn't mean better, well i guess we just have to try it out first before we make our judgements, the TA maps we currently have for the 3.0 sucks, turn restrictions are wrong, streets are so old,

From what I have read, Navteq maps are somewhat smaller, but still have better mapping data (may be better compressed or something) that TeleAtlas...

About POI:

USA_Illinois_Premium_2008.10_090212_Tele_Atlas.poi : 16,196,780 bytes

USA_Illinois_2008.Q4_090227_NavTeq.poi : 2,990,104 bytes

About buildings :

USA_Illinois_2007.09_071004_The_Sanborn_Map_Company.3dc(TeleAtlas) : 812,160 bytes

USA_Illinois_2008.Q4_090219_NavTeq.3dc : 709,062 bytes

USA_Illinois_2008.08_080812_Nav_N_Go.3dl(TeleAtlas) : 1,008,689 bytes

USA_Illinois_2008.Q4_090218_NavTeq.3dl : 967,717 bytes

And this is typical for every country or state...

My TA POI for Illinois has 15,818 kb

My Navteq poi for Illinois has 15,719 KB I purchased the upgraded poi's from NavTeq, thats prolly why its 13,000k bigger than ur navteq poi.

From what I have read, Navteq maps are somewhat smaller, but still have better mapping data (may be better compressed or something) that TeleAtlas...

I'll give them a try! The ones I have I just purchased last week for amigo. So All I have to do is Transfer my Navteq map folder over to the avic, and replace the stock ezrider with this new hacked ezrider? Am I missing anything?

My TA POI for Illinois has 15,818 kb

My Navteq poi for Illinois has 15,719 KB I purchased the upgraded poi's from NavTeq, thats prolly why its 13,000k bigger than ur navteq poi.

So far I didn't came over the Navteq premium POI's, only TeleAtlas or NNG. It would be interesting

to compare, since I'm pretty unhappy with the TeleAtlas POI precision...

So All I have to do is Transfer my Navteq map folder over to the avic, and replace the stock ezrider with this new hacked ezrider? Am I missing anything?

Backup completely your AVIC, because you need to make room for the Navteq maps...