AVIC411.com

WD passport?

Does anyone know if you can connect an external HD like a WD passport to the USB port and use it for music and video source? From what I've read, you can have a music source or video source but not sure if you can have both at the same time. I'm not even sure if you can use a passport drive with this unit. Also, would the external source menu look simular to the z2 as far as artist / album / track?

I can't speak of external hard drives and compatibility, but I do have a 16gb USB drive with mp4s and mp3s and both work fine. There is an option in the upper right of the navigation screen that allows you to switch between videos and songs. The only complaint i have is that divx files aren't supported on the SD card or USB drives. Organization is done via a folder hierarchy.

I can't speak of external hard drives and compatibility, but I do have a 16gb USB drive with mp4s and mp3s and both work fine. ...

So did you choose 16GB or is that just what you had. I am wondering because that is the listed limit in the manual. I would kinda like to know if that is really a hard limit.

• 3 weeks later...