AVIC411.com

Which Specific Bluetooth Profiles Does X-Series Support?

Does anyone know what Bluetooth profiles are supported by the X-Series AVIC units?

For example, does it support the Bluetooth....

...Phone Book Access Profile (PBAP), which would allow it to access phone books automatically on our phones if they support PBAP? Or does one still have to transfer contacts one at a time to the AVIC X-Series, using the...

...Object Push Profile (OPP)?

...What about AV2P, etc?

All I can find is that some of the X-series AVIC units are Bluetooth 1.2 certified. But that's just the Bluetooth communication standards level they are compliant with. The standard doesn't tell us which Bluetooth PROFILES are actually supported by the unit (Bluetooth is friggin' confusing...).

Anybody know what Bluetooth profiles Pioneer programmed into the X-series units?

pulled >300 contacts from my Palm Pre just fine. when you say AV2P, do you really mean A2DP? The lack of support for this was my biggest gripe on the unit.

HSP is obviously supported. PBAP, but also OPP for if the phone doesn't support PBAP.

These are the only one's I've been able to tell it supports so far

Anyone know if there is a way to turn off PBAP? No issues with the HU, but my phone asks if I want to accept a PBAP request every time it connects. More annoying than anything else... :roll:

Do you have an LG phone ? This a a known issue with some LG phones and there is no way to turn it off. The problem is in the phone software and LG would have to issue an update with a fix for that, but they don't seem to care enough.

If you don't accept PBAP access right away then AVIC cannot read your contacts and voice recognition will fail.

pulled >300 contacts from my Palm Pre just fine. when you say AV2P, do you really mean A2DP? The lack of support for this was my biggest gripe on the unit.

HSP is obviously supported. PBAP, but also OPP for if the phone doesn't support PBAP.

djwhitey,

I have a Palm Pre too and can't for the life of me figure out how to transfer the phonebook. How did you do it?

Thanks in advance!

djwhitey,

I have a Palm Pre too and can't for the life of me figure out how to transfer the phonebook. How did you do it?

Thanks in advance!

you go to phone -> phonebook transfer, then you press 'OK' when it prompts and then Pre will ask if you'd like to grant Pioneer Navi phone book access. once you grant it, the navi will start pulling the phone book. mine took < 10min for 300-500 contacts

Okay, so you're 100% sure the X-series supports *both* the PBAP and the OPP profiles?

Anyone know if there is a way to turn off PBAP? No issues with the HU, but my phone asks if I want to accept a PBAP request every time it connects. More annoying than anything else... :roll:

Do you have an LG phone ? This a a known issue with some LG phones and there is no way to turn it off. The problem is in the phone software and LG would have to issue an update with a fix for that, but they don't seem to care enough.

If you don't accept PBAP access right away then AVIC cannot read your contacts and voice recognition will fail.

Yes, I have the LG Venus. I can accept that there is no way to turn it off I guess. One thing that really bugs me is I need to reconnect the bluetooth every time I make a phone call. I'll call someone (or receive a call) and everything works as expected but the next phone call in or out gets sent through the phone's earpiece, not the car speakers even though the HU shows who is calling and lowers the music and everything! When I disconnect the bluetooth and reconnect, everything works again for one call. Then I need to do the disconnect/reconnect before the next call!

Any ideas?

Yes, I have the LG Venus. I can accept that there is no way to turn it off I guess. One thing that really bugs me is I need to reconnect the bluetooth every time I make a phone call. I'll call someone (or receive a call) and everything works as expected but the next phone call in or out gets sent through the phone's earpiece, not the car speakers even though the HU shows who is calling and lowers the music and everything! When I disconnect the bluetooth and reconnect, everything works again for one call. Then I need to do the disconnect/reconnect before the next call!

Any ideas?

Are you acceping the request for PBAP as soon as it pops up on your phone ? If you do not do this immediately you get all kinds of problems with the connection. You might also check with Verizon to see if there is a firmware update for the phone, that may help.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
also, interestingly enough pioneer only lists the x910 and z110 as ad2p, the x10 and the u310 just are listed with blanks. does that mean they dont support ad2p? probably

None of the X or U series support AD2P. Only the Z110BT supports this feature.