AVIC411.com

VERY URGENT: ALMOST BRICKED, PLEASE HELP!!

Hey everyone,

Honestly if I could EVER need some help to avoid me getting into some serious trouble, it would be now, so please please help me out!

Last weekend i tried to install V3.0 on my F900BT, i did it without format and it didnt work, i had the "system startup" message problem and the 5 min reboots, so i reverted back to V2.0

Today i tried to install V3.0 again WITH format and so that didnt work again either, had the exact same problem as last time, and now that i want to revert back to V2.0, i have the EXACT same problem on my 2.0, i.e. there is a "system startup" message that wont go away and this reboots itself about every 2 mins!

I posted a thread a few days ago asking everyone if it would be safe to format winCE and then revert back to my old version and i got no reply, but here i am and honestly right now i am begging anybody to help me out with this, because as you can tell, the winCE formatting caused this and so does anybody know HOW to fix it? or have the older version of winCE or ANYTHING to help me?

Does anybody have the older version of winCE that worked with the V2.0? Im talking about the one that would go into testmode with the 2 folders "testmode" and "MiTACAP" and not this newer one that only needs on testmode folder.

Thanks so much, its so so urgent.

just checking.. but you mentioned upgrading with and without format.. u didnt mention transferring the x series (3.0) "myflashdisk".. did you do that? just to see what happens after i upgraded the wince ( w/ format) i let it try to boot.. it just kept rebooting over and over like yours.

yes thats exactly what happened, i installed the 3.0 from the X910bt that was posted up in that "complete install" thread but the ONLY reason i went ahead with it is because so many people, including F900BT owners, said it worked fine!

please somebody help me/us out!! i need the older winCE files =(

Today i tried to install V3.0 again WITH format and so that didnt work again either, had the exact same problem as last time, and now that i want to revert back to V2.0, i have the EXACT same problem on my 2.0, i.e. there is a "system startup" message that wont go away and this reboots itself about every 2 mins!

our system isn't bricked, just try upload 3.0 onto it, should work. i had the same problem when i put the v2.0 on it and the system startup wont go away. But then i uploaded the v3.0 on it, and it went away. :)

our system isn't bricked, just try upload 3.0 onto it, should work. i had the same problem when i put the v2.0 on it and the system startup wont go away. But then i uploaded the v3.0 on it, and it went away. :)

Are you Australian by any chance?

Can you please just give me a brief run-down on what im supposed to do man? Honestly for me (im not that great with this stuff as you can tell) its not as easy as it sounds to just upload V3.0 because ive had no music in my car for a week trying to fix this V3.0 stuff.

What did you do? Because i followed EXACTLY what retell said in that "complete V3.0" thread and ive been stuck here twice, once updating winCE without format and once with it as well. Im going out of my mind here =(

yea this upgrade is so easy if it didnt work afterward something got jumbled in the wrong file either in your download.. when you put it on the sd.. or when it was transferred to myflashdisk... i wouldnt imagine it to be the download unless you got it from anywhere but from the v3.0 thread.. i would reformat the sd card.. and try all over again.. the guide works.. if you have a 2gb+ usb thumb drive you can use this to hold the x910 my flash disk so no flopping around of sd cards.. saves a lil time

ok the rundown..

Heres how i did it.. I have a 1GB SD card and a 2GB USB drive

1. Download http://itchybot.com/3.0%20Install%20Files.zip

2. Use winrar to extract it to the SD card... Use WinRar to extract the x910bt myflashdrive to the USB drive

3. Start your car

4. when pioneer logo appears press and hold all the buttons on the top left then use something to hit the reset button... when the screen goes black let go of ONLY the reset button..

5. When the blue service menu pops up hit up, up, down, menu, left, right

6. Insert SD Card

6. Upgrade wince image with a format

7. when it tells you to reboot... press and hold the eject and reset button for 5 seconds (leave the sd card in)

8. give it a minute it will boot to windows

9. open the file explorer.. first goto the MyFLashDrive on your avic and delete the few files it seems to load back into it

10. plug in the USB drive and goto it in the file explorer...go into the MyFlashDisk folder and select all the folders and files in it and copy them

11. go back to the MyFlashDrive on your avic and paste the files in it... took mine 20-30 minutes i think.. when mine was ALMOST done copying it popped up a msg saying a file already exists.. just click overwrite all..

12 once everything is done copying remove the SD Card and USB drive and press the eject and reset buttons for 5 seconds...

13.. voila! v3.0

if it is still not working i would suggest trying to re download the x910bt MyFlashDisk something may have gotten messed up in the download... if you used the torrent for download its very possible

i got my "backup" from ftp://www.turboss.com/f700bt/x900bt/ get the x910bt.zip the username is avicuser password is Avic411 (case sensitive)

i do not know simpler way to explain this so good luck man hope this helps

ok the rundown..

Heres how i did it.. I have a 1GB SD card and a 2GB USB drive

1. Download http://itchybot.com/3.0%20Install%20Files.zip

2. Use winrar to extract it to the SD card... Use WinRar to extract the x910bt myflashdrive to the USB drive

3. Start your car

4. when pioneer logo appears press and hold all the buttons on the top left then use something to hit the reset button... when the screen goes black let go of ONLY the reset button..

5. When the blue service menu pops up hit up, up, down, menu, left, right

6. Insert SD Card

6. Upgrade wince image with a format

7. when it tells you to reboot... press and hold the eject and reset button for 5 seconds (leave the sd card in)

8. give it a minute it will boot to windows

9. open the file explorer.. first goto the MyFLashDrive on your avic and delete the few files it seems to load back into it

10. plug in the USB drive and goto it in the file explorer...go into the MyFlashDisk folder and select all the folders and files in it and copy them

11. go back to the MyFlashDrive on your avic and paste the files in it... took mine 20-30 minutes i think.. when mine was ALMOST done copying it popped up a msg saying a file already exists.. just click overwrite all..

12 once everything is done copying remove the SD Card and USB drive and press the eject and reset buttons for 5 seconds...

13.. voila! v3.0

if it is still not working i would suggest trying to re download the x910bt MyFlashDisk something may have gotten messed up in the download... if you used the torrent for download its very possible

i got my "backup" from ftp://www.turboss.com/f700bt/x900bt/ get the x910bt.zip the username is avicuser password is Avic411 (case sensitive)

i do not know simpler way to explain this so good luck man hope this helps

argh thanks heaps for the help dude but honestly i just keep ending back at square 1, maybe im just not looking at it correctly, so im gona give it a rest and try again in a few days or something, its been doing my head in!

thanks everyone for your inputs

Virgin 2.0 flashdisk will not run with the latest CE Upgrade, you have to flash back to the old CE version or use the hacked ezrider.exe

If you are using a Mac to copy the files over to the SD Card I bet that is your problem, that was my problem due to the dummy files OSX creates... I copied the files over with windows, reformatted the AVIC Flashdisk and recopied and all worked well.

and again, some one is doing his / hers mod without a full backup and then needs urgent help...

sorry to say this but what's wrong with you guys! :shock:

for those kind of hacks we have on this forum you will need some computer experience as told many times. sure we do all we can to help people in trouble but doing this mods and then write

Can you please just give me a brief run-down on what im supposed to do man? Honestly for me (im not that great with this stuff as you can tell) its not as easy as it sounds to just upload V3.0 because ive had no music in my car for a week trying to fix this V3.0 stuff.

makes me :?

hope a lesson is learned and that you get your deck up and running again

This is waht happens when you try to cheat the system and used hacked software. wait for the official 3.0 to be released from pioneer, buy it, install it. No problems. And if you do have an issue with it your warranty isnt voided because you used the official released software.

and again, some one is doing his / hers mod without a full backup and then needs urgent help...

sorry to say this but what's wrong with you guys! :shock:

for those kind of hacks we have on this forum you will need some computer experience as told many times. sure we do all we can to help people in trouble but doing this mods and then write

makes me :?

hope a lesson is learned and that you get your deck up and running again

honestly i backed up EVERYTHING on my OWN flash drive, as well as downloading the entire F900BT backup off a link on one of the threads in this forum, but my problem is that the updated version of winCE wont work well with them and gives me these problems.

i did everything required to ensure i wouldnt have any regrets down the track for forgetting something, and yet here i am =(

and noxguy83 thats exactly what im gona do!! just waiting for the official 3.0 release to come out in australia, i think its 31st august...but just one thing, that update should "officially" update winCE and do everything that this uploaded version of 3.0 does right?

Australia... kinda important info... that COULD be your problem though im not sure.. the x910bt.zip that is available is for the US.. if you backed up your original MyFlashDisk like you said then search in there for the two WinCEIMG files like the ones you updated with from the 3.0 update. then do the exact same steps as you used for the 3.0 update but use those winceimg files and copy back you original MyFlashDisk.. you should be back at square one..

Australia... kinda important info... that COULD be your problem though im not sure.. the x910bt.zip that is available is for the US.. if you backed up your original MyFlashDisk like you said then search in there for the two WinCEIMG files like the ones you updated with from the 3.0 update. then do the exact same steps as you used for the 3.0 update but use those winceimg files and copy back you original MyFlashDisk.. you should be back at square one..

yeah actually thats a good idea.....ill try that, so with those 2 winCEIMG files, when i boot into the blue screen, i just go to "winCE update WITH format" or WITHOUT?

and also one other question which is kinda unrelated....when using the map, you know how if you press the volume knob UP it zooms in and shows the roads bigger, well does anyone know the setting i have to adjust so that whenever i go to the map, it will start off with that level of zoom? i know its a TOTAL noob question but i recently moved houses and my F900BT box with the manual is stored away at the moment and it SUCH a pain in the butt when i go to change the song im listening to or something and want to go back to the map, and need to always zoom in!

thanks guys, real lifesavers!

yeah actually thats a good idea.....ill try that, so with those 2 winCEIMG files, when i boot into the blue screen, i just go to "winCE update WITH format" or WITHOUT?

and also one other question which is kinda unrelated....when using the map, you know how if you press the volume knob UP it zooms in and shows the roads bigger, well does anyone know the setting i have to adjust so that whenever i go to the map, it will start off with that level of zoom? i know its a TOTAL noob question but i recently moved houses and my F900BT box with the manual is stored away at the moment and it SUCH a pain in the butt when i go to change the song im listening to or something and want to go back to the map, and need to always zoom in!

thanks guys, real lifesavers!

Go into the back up copy of of your falshdrive that you have look for winceimage.bin and winceimage.cks they should both be there. Put those two files and no others on an SD card go into service mode insert SD card and do update wince with format. this should put you back to a 2.0 wince. Now reload your backup MYFLASHDISK files on to your avic via testmode. you should be back to the place you were.

After this stop trying to mess with your system as you yourself said you dont feel comfortable with this stuff.