AVIC411.com

VERY URGENT: ALMOST BRICKED, PLEASE HELP!!

Australia... kinda important info... that COULD be your problem though im not sure.. the x910bt.zip that is available is for the US.. if you backed up your original MyFlashDisk like you said then search in there for the two WinCEIMG files like the ones you updated with from the 3.0 update. then do the exact same steps as you used for the 3.0 update but use those winceimg files and copy back you original MyFlashDisk.. you should be back at square one..

yeah actually thats a good idea.....ill try that, so with those 2 winCEIMG files, when i boot into the blue screen, i just go to "winCE update WITH format" or WITHOUT?

and also one other question which is kinda unrelated....when using the map, you know how if you press the volume knob UP it zooms in and shows the roads bigger, well does anyone know the setting i have to adjust so that whenever i go to the map, it will start off with that level of zoom? i know its a TOTAL noob question but i recently moved houses and my F900BT box with the manual is stored away at the moment and it SUCH a pain in the butt when i go to change the song im listening to or something and want to go back to the map, and need to always zoom in!

thanks guys, real lifesavers!

Go into the back up copy of of your falshdrive that you have look for winceimage.bin and winceimage.cks they should both be there. Put those two files and no others on an SD card go into service mode insert SD card and do update wince with format. this should put you back to a 2.0 wince. Now reload your backup MYFLASHDISK files on to your avic via testmode. you should be back to the place you were.

After this stop trying to mess with your system as you yourself said you dont feel comfortable with this stuff.

i just tried what you said and the winCE downgrade to the one i had before 3.0 was installed ok, but now as soon as i get into testmode, 2 seconds later the whole units turns off and doesnt come back on!

i tried doing this with both testmode folders, the new one that came with the 3.0 rar file, and the older version with the 2 folders, both of them turn off the unit!! all i need to do is copy the files and im done!!! but arrgghhh i just cant get in, anyone can help??

Be sure you are copying all the files into the root of "My Flash Disk" and not copying a subfolder into this device... I did that on accident and of course it wont work...

what you should see under "My Flash Disk" is a few folders and files like this:

APL, APL2, APL3, DumpFiles, ExtraDumpFiles, USER, & DATA folders and about 12 files... any other folders should be removed.

so in step 11 or 12 (Cant remember which) when it says "Select all" & Copy, be sure you are inside the correct folder! Then PASTE it into the ROOT of "My Flash Disk" on the AVIC... it will take about 20-30 min...

But before you copy anything in there, delete everything in "My Flash Disk" on the AVIC and then copy the new files into it... after its done, hold EJECT and the RESET buttons for 5 seconds and it should work.

viewtopic.php?f=34&t=25817

Also try this guide its much easier to understand...

i just tried what you said and the winCE downgrade to the one i had before 3.0 was installed ok, but now as soon as i get into testmode, 2 seconds later the whole units turns off and doesnt come back on!

i tried doing this with both testmode folders, the new one that came with the 3.0 rar file, and the older version with the 2 folders, both of them turn off the unit!! all i need to do is copy the files and im done!!! but arrgghhh i just cant get in, anyone can help??

Try downloading the 2.006 update from pioneers website using there instructions and put it in the unit and see if it goes through the normal update procedures. I had a similar problem and this fixed it. Don't forget to use the old testmode folders for this version if it works. Good Luck.

thanks everyone for the help,

i finally got it up and running and im back to my older version with my gps and everything working fine which is a HUGE relief from me considering i couldnt even get into testmode and people were saying that it was most probably bricked :shock:

but yep im definitely not gona touch a single thing until the official 3.0 comes out for australia, because everywhere i look on this forum, its the 3.0 for US/Canada or Euro and so basically theres no way to get a first-time successful installation without spending AGES on it and i dont have that time at the moment!

cheers :D

sweet... im assuming that after you flashed the 2.0 wince you figured out that you had to then do the 2.000x like it was an upgrade before you could get into testmode then install your back up

yep thats exactly what i did, i inserted my SD with the 2.0007 update from australian pioneer, then alllllll good :D

testmode started working and i could load my old V2.0 files back

love this forum

thanks guys