AVIC411.com

iPod Playing Troubles. Defective Unit?

Hello All. I am having troubles with my unit (F700BT) playing an iPod. The radio, both FM and AM, works great and both sets of side speakers (left and right) sound great. Not the same when I switch to listen to the iPod. The left speakers sound great, where as the right speakers (both front and back) sound very muffled and lower volume (almost as if they are blown out). They can not be blown out though because, as I have stated, the radio works great, along with the "beep" sounds when buttons are pressed. Has anyone else had this problem and is there anything I can do to correct it? Here are some things I am going to try tomorrow: 1) play ipod using 3.5mm cord 2) play music from flash drive using USB inupt (same as ipod). Anything else you pros can think of to try? or is this a common problem that cannot be fixed and I should call Pioneer to try and get a replacement unit?

Thanks for any and all help! I hope I can get this issue sorted out ASAP

Hello All. I am having troubles with my unit (F700BT) playing an iPod. The radio, both FM and AM, works great and both sets of side speakers (left and right) sound great. Not the same when I switch to listen to the iPod. The left speakers sound great, where as the right speakers (both front and back) sound very muffled and lower volume (almost as if they are blown out). They can not be blown out though because, as I have stated, the radio works great, along with the "beep" sounds when buttons are pressed. Has anyone else had this problem and is there anything I can do to correct it? Here are some things I am going to try tomorrow: 1) play ipod using 3.5mm cord 2) play music from flash drive using USB inupt (same as ipod). Anything else you pros can think of to try? or is this a common problem that cannot be fixed and I should call Pioneer to try and get a replacement unit?

Thanks for any and all help! I hope I can get this issue sorted out ASAP

I have been going through this problem on and off since I have had this unit. I'm trying to get a solution like you are as we speak. When I talked to a tech at Pioneer about this he told me it is related to software. If you were to send in the unit all they would do is reload the software unless they detected a hardware failure somewhere in the unit.

Make sure your RCA connectors are correctly plugged in and taped tight together at the end. Also make sure that it is plugged in fully on your ipod. Sometimes if the plugs arent in all the way you will only get one channel of music, just like if you dont have your head phones plugged in all the way.

After Several attempts at fixing the problem, replacing cables etc....I finally conquered it!! The RCA connections are the problem. Clip the RCA connectors and hardwire them. Problem Solved. The sound quality actually improved a bit as well.

"Clip the RCA connections and hardwire it". Really, I would like to see pictures of that. I have switched to my third iPod cable for the RCA hook-ups. I using a Monster cable now, I'm going on 3 days without the audio dropping to one channel. I'll keep my fingers crossed. This is the cable I'm currently using.

Monster iTV Link TV-out AV Cable for iPod

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.21221

After replacing the cables several times with apple, rocketfish and pioneer, along with trying every available solution found on this forum, I also finally gave up and decided to hardwire the RCA connectors together, using pioneer's cable. I believe the sound quality seemed to improve a bit as well, but I'll have to do more listening to really tell. I only did it today as well. What I did was cut off the RCA connectors, soldered the wires together and then shrink wrapped it.

Oh and FYI, the only problems I had with the apple cable was that it had the problem of not being able to connect to my 120GB iPod Classic. There was no speaker channel distortion for the times I was able to connect it.

After Several attempts at fixing the problem, replacing cables etc....I finally conquered it!! The RCA connections are the problem. Clip the RCA connectors and hardwire them. Problem Solved. The sound quality actually improved a bit as well.

"Clip the RCA connections and hardwire it". Really, I would like to see pictures of that. I have switched to my third iPod cable for the RCA hook-ups. I using a Monster cable now, I'm going on 3 days without the audio dropping to one channel. I'll keep my fingers crossed. This is the cable I'm currently using.

I'm curious as to how you hooked that up. In the pictures, it doesn't seem to have a USB connector. How is the sound quality with this cable?

I'm curious as to how you hooked that up. In the pictures, it doesn't seem to have a USB connector. How is the sound quality with this cable?

The sound quality has improved. It is good, considering it hasn't dropped to one channel yet. As for question about the USB connector. It does have one. You have to use the 5-pin male mini USB cable. The mini side plugs into the cable where the RCA hook-ups are. This is the cable I'm talking about. All it does is charge your iPod.

http://

http://www.amazon.com/Cables-Go-27005-M ... B000067RVL