AVIC411.com

Official Firmware 3.0 Status Thread!!

So the update finally was fully successful, with all successful messages.

Now first drive after update...and it boots fine to splash screen, then a black screen with "warning: Images may be reversed". I can control the media/audio from the steering wheel controls, but nothing happens when I touch the screen or press the buttons on the unit. *sigh* Im permanently stuck on this black screen at all times.

Any suggestions? I've never used a backup camera on this unit, and the only mod is the hardwire bypass.

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just talked to pioneer support and they told me that, if the unit has been hacked or the safety features altered such as the parking brake bypass, the upgrade wont load. has anybody

else heard this from pioneer? all i have done to this unit is the P. B. bypass, could this be causing my problem with the update. I find this hard to believe since so many people with hacked units seem to have no problems whatsoever.

That can't be true. I had not one single problem upgrading to 3.0 with the parking brake bypass and it works flawlessly aside from a couple annoyances that I posted in another thread. The Pioneer reps probably say that to discourage people from altering their product.

just talked to pioneer support and they told me that, if the unit has been hacked or the safety features altered such as the parking brake bypass, the upgrade wont load. has anybody

else heard this from pioneer? all i have done to this unit is the P. B. bypass, could this be causing my problem with the update. I find this hard to believe since so many people with hacked units seem to have no problems whatsoever.

I had no problems upgrading with the hardware bypass in place. But other than the that, I was hack-free.

No, that's not the issue. I too have the hardwire brake mod and I upgraded just fine. I did do the 2.06 upgrade prior to the 3.0. Try this, go to pioneer and update your system to the 2.06 version and then try the upgrade to 3.0.

So the update finally was fully successful, with all successful messages.

Now first drive after update...and it boots fine to splash screen, then a black screen with "warning: Images may be reversed". I can control the media/audio from the steering wheel controls, but nothing happens when I touch the screen or press the buttons on the unit. *sigh* Im permanently stuck on this black screen at all times.

Any suggestions? I've never used a backup camera on this unit, and the only mod is the hardwire bypass.

Yes, go back in and review the backup camera settings, there's a known bug where it gets stuck in an unsupported setting of neither on nor off that causes a black screen.

Thanks...but how do I now get to the settings to review them...if I cant get past the black camera warning screen in any fashion?

Finally had to just re-install the entire 3.0 from one of the threads in this forum. then I was able to get to the main menus, and turn the backup camera setting to "off". This was just poor coding from the beginning. First...the code should NEVER allow you to get permanently stuck on ANY screen without being able to get past it. Second...the update should have never just turned "on" the backup camera function on its own.

Anyways..problem solved.

Install went fine, but now i have a reboot prob. Its strange, if my first phone call i make after boot up is made useing VR the system will reboot, and if i try after reboot using VR it will reboot again. Now if i make a call useing the contacts screen for the first phone call there are no probs and i can ure VR after that. I just cant ure VR to make the first phone call after the system starts up. :?: I do not have an ipod so i cnat try the VR on that to see if it reboots. Any suggestions would be helpful.

P.S. I have tried updateing the BT software.