AVIC411.com

Urgghhh. No IR in front. I guess I cant use SWI-X or Rem.

Hmmm... you have a point...maybe there is a solution after all...

It just occured to me that the call answer and call hang-up may work exactly like the VC1... The VC1's buttons actually play two different roles depending on what's going on... i.e.. when not in a phone conversation, the answer button acts as the VC and the hangup acts like cancel... When you have an incoming call, answer is answer and hangup is hangup....

This is my current configuration wih the SWI-X and Z3...

IMG_0223_1.jpg

IMG_0218_1.jpg

Can anyone confim that the SWI-PS answer and hangup works like this... It'd be much appreiciated as I'm willing to give the SWIPS another try in order to upgrade to the 110BT...

• 2 weeks later...

Installed... The Voice recognition button was not able to be programmed. I programmed one of my buttons to the "Answer Call" option on the SWI and it does work for that. It doe NOT work to trigger voice prompts though. Seek+/- works for ipod controls but not for preset. My car only has 2 buttons for tracks so it was assigned to seek +/- since I use the ipod more often. On radio mode it will go from freq to freq and not the presets. Kind of annoying but not so bad with HD radio since each radio station has multiple stations within it. The seek is used to go between each one.

i hope XM will work better with the current configurations.

Installed... The Voice recognition button was not able to be programmed. I programmed one of my buttons to the "Answer Call" option on the SWI and it does work for that. It doe NOT work to trigger voice prompts though. Seek+/- works for ipod controls but not for preset. My car only has 2 buttons for tracks so it was assigned to seek +/- since I use the ipod more often. On radio mode it will go from freq to freq and not the presets. Kind of annoying but not so bad with HD radio since each radio station has multiple stations within it. The seek is used to go between each one.

i hope XM will work better with the current configurations.

Man... thanks a butt ton... That answers all my questions... Although it's an entire let down for me upgrading to the 110 from the Z3.... As it obviously does not have the function for VC built in, like the Z3 did with the VC1 remote... The code is obviously not there to accept that signal...

It could be that PAC doesn't know how to utilize VC for Pioneer.... But it looks to be more in Pioneer's court(they left it out)... Unfortunetly, I refuse to downgrade that feature...

Seek+/- works for ipod controls but not for preset. My car only has 2 buttons for tracks so it was assigned to seek +/- since I use the ipod more often. On radio mode it will go from freq to freq and not the presets. Kind of annoying but not so bad with HD radio since each radio station has multiple stations within it. The seek is used to go between each one.

In that scenario, I would program the track down button on the steering wheel to P.List up and the track up button to Seek up... You could only go up, but at least that way you could skip through your FM presets and still be able to jump tracks on your IPod...

That's an issue that's been haunting me with my current setup... And I need to try to fix it, just haven't had time to tear my dash apart again... But because of that, I decided to program my track up/down buttons on my steering wheel to be P.List up/down... This works great for skipping through FM presets, and the music on my Z3 hard drive as I keep it set on random... Now, with an IPod, it doesn't work out so great.... P.list does nothing, as I put all of my music into one single playlist and just put my IPod into random mode... So to get to the next artist/song, I have to reach to the Z3 and hit the track up/down...

On my previous Chevy truck, I programmed track up/down to be track up/down on the steering wheel... I had an extra button(called Prog) that did nothing, so I programmed it to be P.List up... which worked out great... And although I do have an extra button in my new truck, it had an issue programming... For whatever reason it got confused with volume down.... Like I said, I need to tear my dash down and see if I can't find a way to program that last button....

Seek+/- works for ipod controls but not for preset. My car only has 2 buttons for tracks so it was assigned to seek +/- since I use the ipod more often. On radio mode it will go from freq to freq and not the presets. Kind of annoying but not so bad with HD radio since each radio station has multiple stations within it. The seek is used to go between each one.

In that scenario, I would program the track down button on the steering wheel to P.List up and the track up button to Seek up... You could only go up, but at least that way you could skip through your FM presets and still be able to jump tracks on your IPod...

That's an issue that's been haunting me with my current setup... And I need to try to fix it, just haven't had time to tear my dash apart again... But because of that, I decided to program my track up/down buttons on my steering wheel to be P.List up/down... This works great for skipping through FM presets, and the music on my Z3 hard drive as I keep it set on random... Now, with an IPod, it doesn't work out so great.... P.list does nothing, as I put all of my music into one single playlist and just put my IPod into random mode... So to get to the next artist/song, I have to reach to the Z3 and hit the track up/down...

On my previous Chevy truck, I programmed track up/down to be track up/down on the steering wheel... I had an extra button(called Prog) that did nothing, so I programmed it to be P.List up... which worked out great... And although I do have an extra button in my new truck, it had an issue programming... For whatever reason it got confused with volume down.... Like I said, I need to tear my dash down and see if I can't find a way to program that last button....

Unfortunately I cannot set my extra button to preset up since this will change the current station playing when I turn the car on. For some strange reason when I start my BMW that button is pressed once on its own. I needed to program that button for a function that will not affect the current source.

My first attempt was to set it as the source button. Everytime I started the car it would go to thenext source. It was very annoying.

• 1 month later...