AVIC411.com

iPod Interface Question

Ive read just about all the topics under the Z110BT forum and couldnt find much info on how fast the ipod interface is or how well it can control the ipod.

I bought the Z1 right wen it came out 2-3 years ago for my Scion tC and the ipod connection is just terribly slow. the only way i can cope with it is just make a playlist of my favorite songs instead of searching thru the ipod. Anyone can comment on this?

i dont know anything about the F series or anyhting and how well the ipod interface is so if the Z110 is modeled after that haha sorry for the question (maybe i should do more searching :( ).

TIA

-Jon-

I agree with the previous response. I have had no experience with the previous Z but this one ispretty much instant. Its fast and instant response when I press any button. Most of the time its quicker for me to find what I'm looking for using the buttons than the Voice commands.

sweet! so basically its like if i want an artist that starts with the letter R, it would get there pretty fast? cuz on my Z, it would take me like 10 minutes to get to the letter R. so i just forget searching and make my own playlist to listen off of.

kind of off topic, but i read that there are no more vehicle dynamics... kidna sucks..

sweet! so basically its like if i want an artist that starts with the letter R, it would get there pretty fast? cuz on my Z, it would take me like 10 minutes to get to the letter R. so i just forget searching and make my own playlist to listen off of.

kind of off topic, but i read that there are no more vehicle dynamics... kidna sucks..

not sure what you mean here - you can create playlists and use them as you would with the iPod - however, the interface is exactly the same as the ipods. Along the top are the rest of the tabs ie artist, album and genre - for some reason my pics are chopped off on this site - here could be better :)

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 5#p1509280

The Z110BT is practically as fast a using the iPod itself. I have never seen a faster interface..PERIOD. I am amazed at how fast it moves through the iPod catalog.

I have an AVIC-D3 in my truck, and it is a HUGE improvement in all ways over the D3. I used to have to classify my Genres with the first letter of the artist so I could jump to artists by letter (say 'R'). The Z110BT has a built in shortcut facility for letters of the artist. Basically, you pull up artists, and you can scroll, or you can change the letter to A-Z (+123) and quickly jump to artists beginning with said selection.

It is bombdiggity.

-B-

not sure what you mean here - you can create playlists and use them as you would with the iPod - however, the interface is exactly the same as the ipods. Along the top are the rest of the tabs ie artist, album and genre - for some reason my pics are chopped off on this site - here could be better :)

http://www.tt-forum.co.uk/forum/viewtop ... 5#p1509280

Vehicle dynamics are gone, but I never used 'em anyhow, so I don't really care. The Z110 does have a gyro, and all the same sort of stuff that the D3 had, so they may add it to the software in the future.

-B-

so i already placed an order for the z110, now im looking to buy the ipod cable. but i noticed that the X910 uses a different ipod cable (CD-IU230V) and the z110 uses (CD-IU50V). I cant tell the difference, anybody have wisdom on this?

thanks!